Thread: Reads like one heck of a tailgating party!

Default Reads like one heck of a tailgating party!

Thinking out loud here, haha...

Judging from reading the threads related to tailgating at the Raiders game a couple wks ago...it appears there will be one heck of a Chiefs Crowd tailgating party coming up on 12/6!!! I read where many Chiefs Crowd members will be attending, or plan to attend the 12/6 game & tailgate too of course! I'm excited! YEEHAW!

It's gonna be a bit emotional though when they have the ceremony at half time retiring DT's #58 jersey.

DT's sure come "full circle" this year. It was a 9 yr wait, especially frustrating the first 3 yrs of eligibility when the HOF didn't take him in, but this year they did. DT respectively received the HOF recognition he more than earned & deserved.

The closure will come with retiring his jersey on 12/6. In some ways it's kind of sad to bring closure to DT's career, but DT will forever be a Chief, and forever in our hearts & thoughts! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I so want to be there!!, Sorry that I can not! I expect a full report with pics, and video of the Canadians! Canada, Dell and Big Dan, Have a great time and toss a few for TS!

I will be there! Unless I happen to die first, which would be the only cause of my absence!

Tornado!!.... what if we find tickets? what if you win the lottery? What if I win the lottery? You know I mentioned giving blood in the past... you still have time to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I so want to be there!!, Sorry that I can not! I expect a full report with pics, and video of the Canadians! Canada, Dell and Big Dan, Have a great time and toss a few for TS!
    Is it too long of a drive for you?

I wish everyone who wanted to come, could, especially considering the retiring of DT's jersey making the day more special.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    I will be there! Unless I happen to die first, which would be the only cause of my absence!

Tornado!!.... what if we find tickets? what if you win the lottery? What if I win the lottery? You know I mentioned giving blood in the past... you still have time to do that!
    You win the Lottery, I would love to be invited to come! If I win the Lottery you all are coming! Yeah I do not live in a area where they pay for blood(well maybe they do but I very much in disfavor of sharp objects, just a me thing.) the a other, That could be, never mind, I am , I would have to borrow one of Chiefster's blue pills, and he is very protective of those!

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Is it too long of a drive for you?

I wish everyone who wanted to come, could, especially considering the retiring of DT's jersey making the day more special.
    It is not to long of a drive, 5 hrs, it is a broke off my behind thing, due to life, poop happens, and it did on me! But I get to rebuild from the bottom up, and I do not like it!
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 10-03-2009 at 02:37 AM.