Thread: Someone Riddle me this: What is wrong with Glenn Dorsey?

Default Someone Riddle me this: What is wrong with Glenn Dorsey?

Was supposed to be the steal of the draft, but the middle of the line looks like you can drive a mack truck through on almost every play. He's basically had NO impact, thoughts?

Why are you singling out Dorsey? He's playing out of position and has probably been one of the better plays on defense (which isn't saying much). Not to mention he had his best game last week. Our run defense is actually pretty average statistically.

All the people with the "best" insights are comming out of the woodwork this week. Sigh!
    I'll chalk this post up as another one of those desperate vents that seem to pile up on these boards these days..

We are playing bad for sure, but Dorsey has actually played better than what I think most people had expected..

Quote Originally Posted by Jumanok View Post
    Was supposed to be the steal of the draft, but the middle of the line looks like you can drive a mack truck through on almost every play. He's basically had NO impact, thoughts?
    For starters, Glenn is not playing the middle of the defense, he's playing the end.

In order to properly grade Glenn, you have to first understand or know what it is the coaches are asking him to do or what his job is on each and every play. In an interview with Clancy Pendergast that you can find on KCChiefs.com, he makes it clear that they are asking the entire defensive line to play the run. They are being asked to hold their ground and attract offensive linemen to allow the LB's to make plays. They are not asking Glenn to rush the passer. Watch a replay of any Chiefs game this season and you can see Glenn holding his own playing his position and is attracting double teams on several occasions.

Also, he has been able to penetrate the offensive line and been in the backfield on several runs, but has failed to make the tackle for loss. As time goes on and he becomes more comfortable playing a new position in a new defense, I think we will begin to see him finish those plays.

Lastly, I believe the Raiders game was the first time we've ever seen Glenn play without a brace on his knee since he was drafted and coincidentally played his best game. I expect we'll see Glenn improve more and more as the year goes on.

Oh I'm not saying anyone else played any better, I'm still expecting Derrick Johnson to bust out as an elite Linebacker. But Dorsey was thought to be a number 1 overall draft pick candidate when he came out. Shouldn't he be held to a higher standard? I don't know if we watched the same games, but I thought the vanguard of our d-line was pushed back more often than not.

I hope so man, I hope so...on the bright side, Flowers looked good.

Dorsey and Tyler have been playing just fine. Ron Edwards needs to be playing in a different colored jersey, and Tyson Jackson has been pretty ineffective. Of course, in Jackson's defense, it can take a year or so for D-linemen to adjust to the NFL.

And that's why Dorsey and Tyler are, I think, getting better at this. Give Alex Magee and Tyson Jackson another year, and we'll have a pretty good D-line.

Considering Demorrio Williams is leading the team in tackles now, and Mays, Vrabel, and Hali are playing pretty good, Johnson needs to play pretty well (like he was doing before injury).

Now, if we could just quit having to play elite defenses and offenses, maybe we could win a game!

(Yeah, I know, we should have won the Raiders game)

ha ha ha...I was just going to quote the Raiders game when I saw the bottom of your post!

I didn't realize they were asking him to play end. I don't get many games in the great white north, but i thought i saw him playing DT and NT. I thought T. Tyler and Jackson were playing end and rotating Edwards and Dorsey in the middle. Either way, both our lines need to make a push. Although....the O-line of the G-men are exceptional and anyone would have trouble against Brandon Jacobs