Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we really that BAD and Far Away to be a Competitive team ?

Default Are we really that BAD and Far Away to be a Competitive team ?

I know many people won't like to get any comparations.

But just let's see the Lions .. they already got a WIN, besides they look such a better team than US.

His Coach really is makin' his mark, his Rookie QB is playing Ok, their D is that bad.

But are we that far away to turn this team competitive, I know it will take some time to clean up the mess that Hermie create, but hey just look at Lions .. Matt Millen was such a MESS himself and Rod Marinelli as a ****ty Coach.

But if we look how they look over this season so far ..

They are making a turnaround ..

I don't say Haley is that bad at all, but we should consider that at Arizona he got Warner, Boldin, Fitzgerald .. a decent O-line. But he has shown this year so many times a poor Offense Play callings.

We really need an O. Coordinator

Clancy IMO is that bad coach at "D" but we really need to get better players, get Pass rushers and make our DB play much better.

Also Casell's success at Patriots was part of Having Moss, Welker .. a Good O-line.

Damn .. I wasn't expecting a 10 wins season but at least 5 or 6 and show an Improvement.

By far I guess that best Haley era Addition has been our K Succop even he miss a FG .. he has rebound and probe he's a nice Kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by alexim58 View Post
    Are we really that BAD and Far Away to be a Competitive team ?
    Yes.

But I blame Herm and Carl.

Here's a list of viable starters currently on our roster:

Offense

LT: Branden Albert
    LG: Brian Waters
    C:
    RG:
    RT:
    QB: Matt Cassel
    RB: Larry Johnson
    FB:
    WR1: Dwayne Bowe
    WR2:

Defense

LDE: Tyson Jackson
    NT:
    RDE: Glenn Dorsey
    LOLB: Mike Vrabel
    LILB:
    RILB:
    ROLB: Tamba Hali
    LCB: Brandon Flowers
    RCB: Brandon Carr
    SS:
    FS:

Special Teams:

P: Dustin Colquitt
    K: Ryan Succop
    PR:
    KR:

Anything blank means...well...you fill in the blanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yes.

But I blame Herm and Carl.
    They are both partly to blame for the current chiefs.

I would love to get my hands around both there necks.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    They are both partly to blame for the current chiefs.

I would love to get my hands around both there necks.
    You would have to take a number and wait in line with the rest of us.

They will get better, but the answer is yes, we really are that Bad. They suck! 0-4 means you suck. Th points for and points against we have means you suck. when you go 3 and out 5 times in a row every game, you suck. When your best player is the F'ing punter, you suck. When your punter is sore from playing so much, you suck. At one point in the second quarter NY had 179 yards of offense, we had 34.. That means you suck! Oh and you're at home. Some help that is. Your QB has a total of 120 yard passing, your top RB has 60 yards rushing. Your QB's average is 5.5 yards per pass... adds up to you Suck! We Suck. And I'll keep watching till we don't, unless I die first. I'm 48 so it's really a coin toss which will happen first.

Here, I'll add some thoughts in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    Here's a list of viable starters currently on our roster:

Offense

LT: Branden Albert
    LG: Brian Waters
    C:
    RG:
    RT:
    QB: Matt Cassel
    RB: Larry Johnson
    FB:
    WR1: Dwayne Bowe
    WR2: Mark Bradley and Bobby Wade have both played better than Bowe.

Defense

LDE: Tyson Jackson (Wha...? So far, he hasn't done anything. How is he a viable starter when he has done far less than Tank Tyler?)
    NT: Tank Tyler- doing very well this year.
    RDE: Glenn Dorsey
    LOLB: Mike Vrabel
    LILB:
    RILB:
    ROLB: Tamba Hali
    LCB: Brandon Flowers
    RCB: Brandon Carr
    SS: Mike Brown has done just fine, thanks.
    FS:

Special Teams:

P: Dustin Colquitt
    K: Ryan Succop
    PR:
    KR:

Anything blank means...well...you fill in the blanks...
    I think the most disappointing people in our lists of starters have been Goff, anyone following the initials "RT", and Tyson Jackson (Though admittedly, he may take a year).

But I'm really impressed with a few guys who had their throats cut by fans in the off-season (namely Tank, Dorsey, and Tamba), who have actually done really well this season. I can't and won't complain about either Bobby Wade or Mark Bradley, both of whom have stepped up and made some impressive catches.

I'm hoping that Leonard Pope will get more involved over the coming weeks, but we have to get something in the O-line figured out. From listening to Len and Mitch for the game, it sounded like Albert and Waters were doing some good blocking on the left side.

Did O'Callaghan play? Or was it Ndukwe again?

jb

I think KC Chiefs have a lot of promise. My husband got me into watching the team last year. When I first started keeping up with the games, I was like - "whoah, this team majorly sucks." However, we are both fans of rooting for the underdog and that's what sucked me in. I really thought the team had potential even back with Herm as the coach. This year so far has really disappointed me. I know, I know we've played up against some great teams...however, that is NO excuse to be playing as bad as we have been. First of all, we need to stop handing the ball off OVER and OVER again to Johnson. Yes, he's an awesome rusher...but when you do the same thing over and over again, come on it gets redundant and obviously isn't working in our favor. We are waiting to pass the ball until third down which is stupid. We can be a rushing team, but also know how and when to pass. It seems like Cassel is not connecting with the players very well when it comes to passing because there aren't very many completions. And our third down conversion rate is downright embarassing. Defense has improved drastically vs. last season. I see it in every game that we play. However, when the offense strikes out in the first set of plays every single time, it causes the defense to spend more time on the field than they should which allows more room for error. Haley is playing far too conservatively which was a major Herm weakness as well. We need a coach with some guts that isn't afraid to throw some trick plays out there. I hate to say this because it upsets all the chiefs fans, but thigpen showed more promise than Cassel and Croyle combined.

Quote Originally Posted by amwoods22 View Post
    I think KC Chiefs have a lot of promise. My husband got me into watching the team last year. When I first started keeping up with the games, I was like - "whoah, this team majorly sucks." However, we are both fans of rooting for the underdog and that's what sucked me in. I really thought the team had potential even back with Herm as the coach. This year so far has really disappointed me. I know, I know we've played up against some great teams...however, that is NO excuse to be playing as bad as we have been. First of all, we need to stop handing the ball off OVER and OVER again to Johnson. Yes, he's an awesome rusher...but when you do the same thing over and over again, come on it gets redundant and obviously isn't working in our favor. We are waiting to pass the ball until third down which is stupid. We can be a rushing team, but also know how and when to pass. It seems like Cassel is not connecting with the players very well when it comes to passing because there aren't very many completions. And our third down conversion rate is downright embarassing. Defense has improved drastically vs. last season. I see it in every game that we play. However, when the offense strikes out in the first set of plays every single time, it causes the defense to spend more time on the field than they should which allows more room for error. Haley is playing far too conservatively which was a major Herm weakness as well. We need a coach with some guts that isn't afraid to throw some trick plays out there. I hate to say this because it upsets all the chiefs fans, but thigpen showed more promise than Cassel and Croyle combined.
    Thigpen showed more promise than Croyle *last* year, a time during which he showed nowhere near as much promise as Cassell (who was, admittedly, on a better team), but this year, Thigpen showed as much promise as say... having comedian Rip Taylor as our starting QB. Every time he was in during the pre-season, he was a disaster.

I'm glad we got a draft pick from the Dolphins for him.

jb

Yeah, that was another bad one! I did not get to see the game up here. kept watching the updates-sucked. will this O-line get better? If Cassel or who ever is back there ever get more time to check down field.........................some excerpts from game tracker. This first one obviously was a tone setter ------------------------------------------- -- L.Tynes kicks 64 yards from NYG 30 to KC 6. J.Charles to KC 20 for 14 yards (C.Brown). FUMBLES (C.Brown), RECOVERED by NYG-B.Kehl at KC 16. B.Kehl to KC 16 for no gain (J.Charles).

3-5-NYG16 (5:08) (Shotgun) M.Cassel pass incomplete deep right to B.Engram (M.Boley). We get three points!

3-9-KC21 (1:03) (Shotgun) M.Cassel pass short left to S.Ryan to KC 25 for 4 yards (C.Brown).
    notice
    3-10-KC30 (13:17) (Shotgun) M.Cassel pass short left to L.Johnson to KC 29 for -1 yards (J.Tuck).
    that everything
    3-9-KC11 (9:06) (Shotgun) M.Cassel pass short right to B.Wade to KC 17 for 6 yards (M.Boley).
    seems to
    3-13-KC41 (2:23) (Shotgun) M.Cassel pass short middle to M.Bradley to 50 for 9 yards (T.Thomas).
    be a
    3-18-KC16 (8:40) M.Cassel pass short right to M.Bradley to KC 26 for 10 yards (F.Robbins).
    little short?
    3-7-KC45 (1:03) (Shotgun) M.Cassel sacked at KC 35 for -10 yards (O.Umenyiora)
    just helping you
    1-1-NYG1 (9:31) M.Cassel pass short middle to S.Ryan for 1 yard, TOUCH DOWN. heh heh, awrigghht!

3-7-KC44 (7:52) (No Huddle, Shotgun) M.Cassel scrambles up the middle to NYG 44 for 12 yards (M.Johnson). hey, a conversion!
    read between the lines
    3-27-KC15 (2:40) (Shotgun) M.Cassel pass incomplete short left to B.Wade.
    4-27-KC15 (2:36) (Shotgun) M.Cassel pass short middle to S.Ryan to KC 25 for 10 yards (A.Pierce)

the O line needs to give the QB a little more than a nano second to make a decision. I did not see the game so help me out. Haley is a receivers coach, so why are they not getting to the first down marker? time? no one to stretch the field? no time to look left, center,right, check down? and don't get me started on the penalties! I love my Chiefs but they really need to convert a few third downs! They really need to get an o-line. please, for the love of god and all that I hold dear, get an O-line!

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Here, I'll add some thoughts in bold...
    - Tyson Jackson's impact has been minimal from a statistical stand point but has been a body eater on the Dline. Give Jackson his due diligence and it'll pay off in spades.

- Bobby Wade and Mark Bradley are 3s at best in any decent WR set. There is no true number 2 WR on this team.

- Dwayne Bowe has done jack this year but the guy is a legit threat when he gets going...

- I really like Mike Brown as much as the next guy does and think he's been much better in practically every facet then Pollard was but his age and injury problems have clearly caught up with him. Mike Brown is good but he's not great like he used to be. He's a rotational guy on any team with a decent set of safety's.

- Tank Tyler has done well in certain situations and is a good player for the team but far from the dominant NT that this team needs. He's a great young player with a lot of talent that may turn into something great but he's not Casey Hampton yet and for now would be a rotational guy on any decent 3-4 roster.
    Last edited by DT14PRIEST; 10-05-2009 at 02:33 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast