Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Haley calling the plays?

Default Is Haley calling the plays?

I didn't see him with a clip board or anything. I still think this team has hope this year. I believe the Chiefs have a decent chance with Dallas this weekend after seeing Denver beat around their OL.

If only the play calling were better.

Please give us Al Saunders back!
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Today was again a horrible day for play calling. I think we tried running that draw play from the shotgun 14 times, and we ended up -28 yards from that play alone.

I do like how he is willing to go on-side kicks and go for it on 4th down, it shows a willingness to try something, anything to get the job done, but calling the same plays over and over and over again put you in those positions to have to call those crazy gimics to get something happening.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I'm giving this guy a lot of room, because of what he took over. But the play calling is awful first and goal from the 2 I think it was, and he calls 4 straight pass plays???? Ok, on the 4th they scored, but good lord from the 2?? Might just as well set the OL and all your RB's down and say," you guys blow, and I can't trust that you can punch it in from first and goal from the 2".

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    I'm giving this guy a lot of room, because of what he took over. But the play calling is awful first and goal from the 2 I think it was, and he calls 4 straight pass plays???? Ok, on the 4th they scored, but good lord from the 2?? Might just as well set the OL and all your RB's down and say," you guys blow, and I can't trust that you can punch it in from first and goal from the 2".
    Yep- I think at some point we need to start trying to earn some respect by smash-mouthing our way into the endzone in those red zone situations. What a boost that would give LJ and our O-line to have hammered one in from the 2.

we still do not have rushing TD this season

His playcalling is conservative as hell until we are down so far there is no hope to comeback. His decision making is starting to seem very suspect also. Did anyone else notice that we went for 2 when it still would have left us 3 scores back and then kicked a pat when 2 points would have put to within ten?

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I didn't see him with a clip board or anything. I still think this team has hope this year. I believe the Chiefs have a decent chance with Dallas this weekend after seeing Denver beat around their OL.

If only the play calling were better.

Please give us Al Saunders back!
    we dont have the o-line Al Sanders had. Trent was average as well as our wr`s. The differense is he had a o-line.
    Sanders went to the redskins and didnt do anything.
    Last edited by wolfpack; 10-05-2009 at 11:27 AM. Reason: cheap a$$ owner
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    we dont have the o-line Al Sanders had. Trent was average as well as our wr`s. The differense is he had a o-line.
    We don't have as good of an o-line, but when I see Brian Waters getting called for penalties and getting burned in pass protection it makes me think that there could be some issues with blocking schemes and the general coaching of the offensive line. This should be addressed just as much as the personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    We don't have as good of an o-line, but when I see Brian Waters getting called for penalties and getting burned in pass protection it makes me think that there could be some issues with blocking schemes and the general coaching of the offensive line. This should be addressed just as much as the personnel.
    I saw Brian Waters pull right past a blitzing LB, who ended up blowing up LJ. The sad thing is I know he saw him and went on. Now, I am not sure what they do in the pros, because I am not one, but when I was taught to pull in high school. You hit the first guy you saw, because the intended guy you were supposed to be blocking may have stunted away or dropped into coverage for a blitzing LB. Regardless Brian left the blitzing LB alone and he killed LJ....

I also saw Brandon Albert pointing at one of the TE's for not blocking when Albert thought he had help and Cassel got sacked.

Now, I dont' want to blame Haley because the offensive line is horrific, but they seem to be struggling with who to block yet alone actually blocking people.

There is a serious disconnect there and you can't run any plays without blocking. To many times did I see a pla get blown up a second after the snap.

I did see LJ make a great block, but still ended up giving a sack as he was over run by two players.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    Maybe true, but Al Saunders could do it.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast