Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Albert should be moved to RG ASAP

Default Albert should be moved to RG ASAP

I know we gotta protect the QB's back by putting the better blockers on the left but Albert I hear is actually a guard. That right side is awful and Albert is better than anyone we put over there so why not put him over there? What we have now isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Y'all have to remember also that Haley made Albert drop a ton of weight that he's having to learn how to compensate for. He used to be able to rely on his size and now Haley is forcing him to focus on technique, rather than raw ability. Like I said in another thread, this is Albert's THIRD offensive system in less than 12 months as an NFL starter.

If y'all are going to preach patience with the coaching staff, you have to show the same patience with the young players. That INCLUDES the rookies brought in this year, TC!!
    Quoted for truth.

And to add to that, they should be considering putting in Alleman as well. Goff hasn't exactly been throwing defenses around, so let Alleman have a week to prove what he can do. I think Ryan O'Callaghan will be interesting to watch.

Let's let Albert alone and let him get into sync with Waters in this offense for this year at LT.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Y'all have to remember also that Haley made Albert drop a ton of weight that he's having to learn how to compensate for. He used to be able to rely on his size and now Haley is forcing him to focus on technique, rather than raw ability. Like I said in another thread, this is Albert's THIRD offensive system in less than 12 months as an NFL starter.

If y'all are going to preach patience with the coaching staff, you have to show the same patience with the young players. That INCLUDES the rookies brought in this year, TC!!
    Excuses. He isn't getting beat because people are running threw him. They are just plain out running around him.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Quoted for truth.

And to add to that, they should be considering putting in Alleman as well. Goff hasn't exactly been throwing defenses around, so let Alleman have a week to prove what he can do. I think Ryan O'Callaghan will be interesting to watch.

Let's let Albert alone and let him get into sync with Waters in this offense for this year at LT.

jb
    Agreed.

First, as so many have already mentioned, there is noone else.

Second, while he has looked bad, he may yet be able to adjust and become a LT.

I am all for playing the top-rated OG in his class at OG, I feel like it was something that should have been done immediately.

He was the best OG in the country, that many thought could play OT.

If you are drafting a guy that people think can play OT, then you do that in the third round, or later.

Albert is my favorite current Chief's player. But I believe that he needs to play where he has shown the ability to succeed.

Since that can't really happen right now, then I hope he can overcome all of the problems and mold into a great LT.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Agreed.

First, as so many have already mentioned, there is noone else.

Second, while he has looked bad, he may yet be able to adjust and become a LT.

I am all for playing the top-rated OG in his class at OG, I feel like it was something that should have been done immediately.

He was the best OG in the country, that many thought could play OT.

If you are drafting a guy that people think can play OT, then you do that in the third round, or later.

Albert is my favorite current Chief's player. But I believe that he needs to play where he has shown the ability to succeed.

Since that can't really happen right now, then I hope he can overcome all of the problems and mold into a great LT.
    True but they should have found an LT during the offseason last year and even this year. Too late now.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    We don't have anyone to put at LT if he's moved to RG. LT is the most important position in football.
    1. Quarterback
    2. Left Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by LGS View Post
    1. Quarterback
    2. Left Tackle
    It's a chicken or the egg type thing. JaMarcus Russell could have any LT in the league and still be terrible. Drew Brees can't be great if he's in the hospital because Jared Allen smashed his head into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    It's a chicken or the egg type thing. JaMarcus Russell could have any LT in the league and still be terrible. Drew Brees can't be great if he's in the hospital because Jared Allen smashed his head into the ground.
    Jamarcus Russel is absolutely killing the entire Raiders team. There really is no most important position because you need all of them. I will say the most underrated is FB.

Goff should not be starting.

Quote Originally Posted by LGS View Post
    1. Quarterback
    2. Left Tackle
    1. LT
    2. RT
    3.RG
    4. LG
    5. C
    6. QB

The offensive line is only as strong as it's weakest link.

With a strong o-line, even no-names like Trent Green and Matt Cassel can look like stars.

Plus they can make no-names like Priest Holmes, Eddie Kennison and Larry Johnson look like stars.

An offensive line can make, or break, your entire passing game, as well as your entire running game.

Every QB, HB and WR is dependant upon their o-line. Lottery-rare are those who can shine in-spite-of a poor o-line. (Barry Sanders, Dan Marino) And just as rare are those who actually get their o-line to play better. (Peyton Manning)

I'll take the star o-line, with schmoes at QB,HB, and WR. You take those position stars and a handful of schmoes on your o-line.

And after one season, you will think that you had the schmoes at QB, WR and HB, and I just happened across a handful of 'hidden gems'.

It's all about the o-line and the blocking scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Goff should not be starting.
    Any word on why Alleman or Ndukwe hasn't replaced him yet?

The obvious guess would be that they aren't an upgrade.. Byt maybe some of you fine gents have heard anything?

Im a little surprised that I haven't even heard anything about Alleman.. I had expectedd him to threaten Niswanger at C..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast