Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Albert should be moved to RG ASAP

Default Albert should be moved to RG ASAP

I know we gotta protect the QB's back by putting the better blockers on the left but Albert I hear is actually a guard. That right side is awful and Albert is better than anyone we put over there so why not put him over there? What we have now isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    I know we gotta protect the QB's back by putting the better blockers on the left but Albert I hear is actually a guard. That right side is awful and Albert is better than anyone we put over there so why not put him over there? What we have now isn't working.
    We don't have anyone to put at LT if he's moved to RG. LT is the most important position in football.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    We don't have anyone to put at LT if he's moved to RG. LT is the most important position in football.
    Sign someone

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I think it would be an ok move. If hes better RG move him there its not like hes lighting the world on fire at lt.

Plus he would feel much more comfortable and it would be a little easier for him.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Leave Albert were he is. Try moving Ndukwe to rg were he belongs.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    Leave Albert were he is. Try moving Ndukwe to rg were he belongs.

If there was an availalble LT out there better than Albert, I would be absolutely chapped in the pants because the Chiefs were to ingnorant to already sign him.

Fact of the matter, moving Albert to RG or even RT is making a bigger hole at LT. The next guy availalbe is Richardson, who couldn't even make it at RT. I don't doubt that Alberts gets moved next year, once we have a chance to either draft or replace him in free agency.

Albert played LG at Virginia because D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Eugene Monroe played LT and there was no reason for Albert to be moved. The feeling across most scouts and draft boards was that Albert had the skill-set to play LT in the NFL. If the Chiefs move Albert from his left tackle spot, they make the offensive line worse because nobody on the roster can fill Albert's spot.

Sign someone
    It's week 4 and you think there are capable starting left tackles just sitting out there? Quarterback and blind-side tackles are the two most sought after positions on offense and there's no way starting left tackles are available.

Talent and continuity are the two most important factors for a solid offensive line. The Chiefs are lacking on talent, but moreso on continuity. They have had a revolving door on the right side of the line and until they settle on 5 starters week after week they won't develop a rapport with one another so they can work as a unit.

Y'all have to remember also that Haley made Albert drop a ton of weight that he's having to learn how to compensate for. He used to be able to rely on his size and now Haley is forcing him to focus on technique, rather than raw ability. Like I said in another thread, this is Albert's THIRD offensive system in less than 12 months as an NFL starter.

If y'all are going to preach patience with the coaching staff, you have to show the same patience with the young players. That INCLUDES the rookies brought in this year, TC!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast