Thread: Draft Picks

Default Draft Picks

I'm too tired to look it up, but over the past 5 years we've had a ton of draft picks. The "Rebuilding Years". Yet half our startes are veterans we recently picked up. A few decent starters from those draft picks (not many), fewer left-over old chief veterans, and a bunch of guys that would be lucky to be on a practice squad any place else. How in the F does that happen? Herm and Carl were going to Draft our way into the playoffs, and we've not nothing!!! We're trying to win games with old vets, a couple decent starters, a coach that doesn't know he can't call plays, and a bunch of guys that wake up everyday and hope somebody doesn't figure out that they suck. I missed some of the game, did we even have 1 sack today? I saw Manning hurt himself and there wasn't a Chief inside 5 yards. I'm tired of being angry, I just want this BS to end. Once again, Thanks Herm, Thanks Carl, hope you *******s are happy with what you left here.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    I'm too tired to look it up, but over the past 5 years we've had a ton of draft picks. The "Rebuilding Years". Yet half our startes are veterans we recently picked up. A few decent starters from those draft picks (not many), fewer left-over old chief veterans, and a bunch of guys that would be lucky to be on a practice squad any place else. How in the F does that happen? Herm and Carl were going to Draft our way into the playoffs, and we've not nothing!!! We're trying to win games with old vets, a couple decent starters, a coach that doesn't know he can't call plays, and a bunch of guys that wake up everyday and hope somebody doesn't figure out that they suck. I missed some of the game, did we even have 1 sack today? I saw Manning hurt himself and there wasn't a Chief inside 5 yards. I'm tired of being angry, I just want this BS to end. Once again, Thanks Herm, Thanks Carl, hope you *******s are happy with what you left here.
    We had 2 sacks......

for a total of five! half of what we had all last year, with only a quarter of the season gone-just looking for positives!

Tamba Hali is now tied for third in Chiefs history with Jared Allen for caused fumbles (13). Fun little fact.

Hali's actually looked pretty good this year as a linebacker.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I think the system suits him better. He needs to work on his pass coverage, but giving him the freedom to rush off the edge or to roam at the second level seems to be playing to his strengths better than the 4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think the system suits him better. He needs to work on his pass coverage, but giving him the freedom to rush off the edge or to roam at the second level seems to be playing to his strengths better than the 4-3.
    I noticed we were even using him in the predator 3-4 role a bit where the DL is still lined up normally with the NT over the center, but with one of the OLBs lined up way over on the edge in the 3 point stance. Seems to fit him well. I saw Joey Porter have a lot of success in this position last season for the Dolphins.

Yeah Hali has impressed me too, but he needs to finish off plays. I've noticed on numerous occasions, that he has gotten extremely close to the QB, but just not all the way there..
    And of course his coverage skills are subpar, but that was to be expected when comming from the role of a 4-3 DE.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    And this is a very interesting fact, because during the offseason, there were many who were essentially calling for him to be let go.

I'm glad to see he's doing pretty good in that LB spot.

I like Hali's improvements, I said it all during the off season that he would be fine.

I think one of the issues that you guys are seeing with Hali getting real close but not all the way stems from issues i observed with him in the 4-3.

in the 4-3 i always noticed Hali would come of the edge and an angle going straight to the QB and we would CONSTANTLY get beat to the edge because scrambling qb's and rb's would get around Hali... This year i have noticed he has taken more of a down hill first shot taking away the edge and forcing QB's and runners inside toward coverage.. hence one of the reasons i think this D is leaps and bounds better against the run then last year.