Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson signs.

Default Larry Johnson signs.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...40813162&ATT=5

Jay Glazer
    FOXSports.com, Updated 4 minutes ago
    The Larry Johnson saga is over.
    The star running back Johnson has agreed in principle to a new six-year, $45 million deal with Kansas City, FOXSports.com has learned. The contract includes $19 million in guaranteed money. Johnson is expected to rejoin his team on Tuesday.While his teammates were holding two-a-days in River Falls, Wisconin, Johnson spent training camp working out at Athletes Performance Institute in Tempe, Arizona.

also....
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2984649

Johnson, Chiefs work out five-year contract extension

By John Clayton
    ESPN.com

Updated: August 21, 2007, 1:38 PM ET

Larry Johnson ended his 25-day holdout Tuesday morning by finalizing a five-year extension that will keep him with the Chiefs through 2012.
    Financial terms of the deal weren't available, but ESPN.com's Michael Smith reported that the contract is worth $45 million, with $19 million is guaranteed. Of the guaranteed money, $12 million is the signing bonus and $7 million is guaranteed salary. Both sides were working on the deal Monday night. The final holdup was the payout over the first three years of the contract. Once that was resolved, Johnson decided to report and accept the Chiefs' proposal. Johnson reported to the practice field late Tuesday morning, put on his helmet and was ready for duty. It was a tough situation for the Chiefs and Johnson. He turns 28 years old this fall. Because of that, Johnson didn't want to play out the final year of his current deal and be in a position in which the Chiefs could make him their franchise player in 2008. Had that happened, it would have been hard for Johnson to get a big-money contract, since running backs nearing the age of 30 tend to not get big deals. For weeks, both sides had been chipping away and getting closer, but it was not close enough for Johnson to get the deal done in time to report to River Falls, Wis., where the Chiefs conducted their training camp. Camp broke last week and the team returned to Kansas City. By reporting and getting his new contract, Johnson has two possible games to polish his timing for the start of the regular season. He had an NFL-record 416 carries last season, and even though the team is expected to lighten the load this year, Johnson is considered the workhorse of the offense.

Last but not least....

http://www.kansascity.com/news/break...ry/240697.html
    LJ ends holdout, joins Chiefs at practice

By ADAM TEICHER The Kansas City Star

Running back Larry Johnson agreed to a contract extension with the Chiefs this morning.
    Johnson ended a nearly monthlong holdout and joined the Chiefs during the middle of their practice session. Johnson wasn’t just watching practice, either. He took carries with the starting unit, and was pass-blocking during live work.
    Terms of the deal were not immediately available.
    Last edited by Guru; 08-21-2007 at 01:43 PM.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    You realize that if he carries the ball 416 times every year for the next 5 years he will be making $21 634 per carry so no I do not think that he is worth the money. They are all a bunch of overpaid whiners who cry if they are not making as much money as some other running back. They will ruin football.
    Ive never broke it down like that, but since you put it that way, yeah he's overpaid

You realize that if he carries the ball 416 times every year for the next 5 years he will be making $21 634 per carry so no I do not think that he is worth the money. They are all a bunch of overpaid whiners who cry if they are not making as much money as some other running back. They will ruin football.
    Do you realize we have to speak in relative terms? Of course their not worth that much! This has been going on for decades so I don't think "they" are going to ruin football anytime soon!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Do you realize we have to speak in relative terms? Of course their not worth that much! This has been going on for decades so I don't think "they" are going to ruin football anytime soon!
    Really?...I guess you and i are going to disagree on this one. I guarantee you that money will ruin football.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Really?...I guess you and i are going to disagree on this one. I guarantee you that money will ruin football.
    Some would argue that it already has.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Some would argue that it already has.
    If it hasn't already it is well on it's way.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

If it hasn't already it is well on it's way.

Agreed.

I was referring to your statement about the players demanding that money ruining the game. Obviously money has affected the game but I don't fault ANYONE who gets what they can get! Including the average Joe! Hell, I think we would all ride the pine for several hundred thousand or million!

I highly doubt you would be happy if your company hired a newbie and paid him as much or more than you.
    Last edited by DrunkHillbilly; 08-23-2007 at 10:56 AM.

I was referring to your statement about the players demanding that money ruining the game. Obviously money has affected the game but I don't fault ANYONE who gets what they can get! Including the average Joe! Hell, I think we would all ride the pine for several hundred thousand or million!

I highly doubt you would be happy if your company hired a newbie and paid him as much or more than you.
    After 1 year on the job we all make the same amount of money for doing the same job. Maybe that is fair, maybe it is not, but either way I am not going to "hold out". I still go to work

After 1 year on the job we all make the same amount of money for doing the same job. Maybe that is fair, maybe it is not, but either way I am not going to "hold out". I still go to work
    Are you without question the second best person at your job in the world?

Also, we need to realize that this isn't the real world so my analogy may not be the best. This is the world of professional sports where everything is inflated including salaries.

Are you without question the second best person at your job in the world?

Also, we need to realize that this isn't the real world so my analogy may not be the best. This is the world of professional sports where everything is inflated including salaries.
    No, but someone who is makes the same money I do.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast