Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson signs.

Default Larry Johnson signs.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...40813162&ATT=5

Jay Glazer
    FOXSports.com, Updated 4 minutes ago
    The Larry Johnson saga is over.
    The star running back Johnson has agreed in principle to a new six-year, $45 million deal with Kansas City, FOXSports.com has learned. The contract includes $19 million in guaranteed money. Johnson is expected to rejoin his team on Tuesday.While his teammates were holding two-a-days in River Falls, Wisconin, Johnson spent training camp working out at Athletes Performance Institute in Tempe, Arizona.

also....
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2984649

Johnson, Chiefs work out five-year contract extension

By John Clayton
    ESPN.com

Updated: August 21, 2007, 1:38 PM ET

Larry Johnson ended his 25-day holdout Tuesday morning by finalizing a five-year extension that will keep him with the Chiefs through 2012.
    Financial terms of the deal weren't available, but ESPN.com's Michael Smith reported that the contract is worth $45 million, with $19 million is guaranteed. Of the guaranteed money, $12 million is the signing bonus and $7 million is guaranteed salary. Both sides were working on the deal Monday night. The final holdup was the payout over the first three years of the contract. Once that was resolved, Johnson decided to report and accept the Chiefs' proposal. Johnson reported to the practice field late Tuesday morning, put on his helmet and was ready for duty. It was a tough situation for the Chiefs and Johnson. He turns 28 years old this fall. Because of that, Johnson didn't want to play out the final year of his current deal and be in a position in which the Chiefs could make him their franchise player in 2008. Had that happened, it would have been hard for Johnson to get a big-money contract, since running backs nearing the age of 30 tend to not get big deals. For weeks, both sides had been chipping away and getting closer, but it was not close enough for Johnson to get the deal done in time to report to River Falls, Wis., where the Chiefs conducted their training camp. Camp broke last week and the team returned to Kansas City. By reporting and getting his new contract, Johnson has two possible games to polish his timing for the start of the regular season. He had an NFL-record 416 carries last season, and even though the team is expected to lighten the load this year, Johnson is considered the workhorse of the offense.

Last but not least....

http://www.kansascity.com/news/break...ry/240697.html
    LJ ends holdout, joins Chiefs at practice

By ADAM TEICHER The Kansas City Star

Running back Larry Johnson agreed to a contract extension with the Chiefs this morning.
    Johnson ended a nearly monthlong holdout and joined the Chiefs during the middle of their practice session. Johnson wasn’t just watching practice, either. He took carries with the starting unit, and was pass-blocking during live work.
    Terms of the deal were not immediately available.
    Last edited by Guru; 08-21-2007 at 01:43 PM.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN. THAT'S A GOOD DEAL HE GOT. YOU KNOW HE'S GONNA LIVE UP TO IT. LJ PUTS PRESSURE ON HIMSELF TO BE THE BEST. PLUS, WITH THOSE OTHER RBs, HE WON'T BE SO WORN OUT & STILL KEEP DOING HIS THING!

I'm glad it's over.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I'm glad it's over.
    Man of few words. Direct and to the point.

I like it.

Default Larry Johnson signs!

This is great news and it should help take some pressure off of whoever is the starter at the QB spot.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

now i hope they have some left in the glasses,ah,hunts pocketbook for Allen.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

'Bout time!!!!!

I'm glad it's over, but no way is he worth 45 mil. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I'm glad it's over, but no way is he worth 45 mil. IMO
    thank the other RBs in the league for that number

it's about time. Now lets play ball
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast