Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: **Official Draft Discussion**

Default **Official Draft Discussion**

As the year goes on and the team needs become more apparent and the college talent begins to sort itself out, we can update this thread to our liking.

1. Taylor Mays - S
    I think we will win another 4 games or more this year and don't think Okung or Berry will be on the board..
    2. Anthony Davis - OT
    2. Mike Iupati - OG
    3. Micah Johnson - ILB
    SHUT IT

Mark Ingram or Julio Jones

With a late 2nd or a 3rd round choice I'd definitely roll my dice on Anthony McCoy from USC he reminds me of a cross between Antonio Gates/Shannon Sharpe except bigger and more athletic in space.

or

Tony Moeaki from Iowa. He’s a massive specimen of a man and is a well established blocker with the ability to split the seam and make plays down field if asked to.

So if I had to go 1,2,2,3

1 - Eric Berry/Taylor Mays - FS/SS (we need a home run play maker on defense with this pick)
    2 - Cirion Black - LT (we need to solidify our O-Line)
    2 - Anthony McCoy - TE (we need a reliable big man down field as well as dependable blocker in the run game)
    3 - Matt Tenant - C (we need a TRUE captain of the O-Line directing traffic)
    Last edited by DT14PRIEST; 10-20-2009 at 10:32 PM.

As for everything else...

4 - Josh Byrnes - ILB (fills the need for a complete ILB)
    5 - Aaron Morgan - OLB/DE (a raw/violent pass rusher from a small school that could turn into a real gem)
    5 - Vladimir Ducasse - OG (depth selection with the possibility to push for a starting roll his first year)

im wth you on the TE from USC....that guy looks like he is going to be ridiculous, i would love to have him on my team, especially for a late 2nd or early 3rd round pick...

So here's another wrench for your monkey... Do you see Pioli packaging together say one of our 2nd's, one of our 5ths and say another low round pick for a second 1st rounder or something? I don't know the correct number of picks needed for another 1st but it wouldn't suprize me if there is a player that they want that's still on the board late in the 1st round.

I would LOVE to see Okung (LT) and (Gresham) TE on our team. It would immediately solidify the line even more and give us Gonzo-like hands on a TE again. Before anyone crucifies me I did say "like" for his hands. I'll also throw out there that I want to take a microscopic look at this guys knee to see there's not lasting damage.

We spent a huge chunk of last years draft on defense and I think this year we need to turn around and do the same thing on the offense. Let's give Cassel some protection and someone to throw at!

I'd rather have a WR than a TE tbh..

I'd rather have Eric Mays and the best LT available.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I'd rather have Eric Mays and the best LT available.
    Im not saying draft a WR in the first round, I just think our need for a deep threat WR is bigger than a TE.

We also need a Safety and all the oline help we can get. I just can't decide which I want to pick first, probably the best athlete of the two positions.

So how many actual picks do we have at this point? We've picked up so many in trades and deals, I'm finding it hard to keep track.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast