Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: **Official Draft Discussion**

Default **Official Draft Discussion**

As the year goes on and the team needs become more apparent and the college talent begins to sort itself out, we can update this thread to our liking.

Default My CHIEFS mock 2.0 (January 9th)

My CHIEFS mock 2.0 (January 9th)

First Round:
    1. Rams- DT-Suh
    2. Lions- DT-McCoy
    3. Bucs- S-Eric Berry
    4. Redskins- QB-Bradford
    5. CHIEFS- ILB- Rolando McClain

Second Round:
    36. CHIEFS- TE-Jermaine Gresham
    50. CHIEFS (From Atlanta)-OT-Kyle Calloway

Third Round:
    68. CHIEFS- WR-Jordan Shipley

Fourth Round-
    99. CHIEFS- OLB/DE- Sergio Kindle

Fifth Round-
    133. CHIEFS-RB-LaGarret Blount
    139. CHIEFS (From Miami)-S-Myron Rolle
    145. CHIEFS (From Carolina)OG- Eric Olsen

Sixth Round-
    164. CHIEFS-OG-Brandon Carter

1. Rolando McClain- ILB (Alabama)
    It's obvious that the Chiefs at the VERY LEAST need one more ILB whether they keep Derrick Johnson or not. I'd like to see Johnson stay and team up with McClain in the middle. Linebackers were not a source of strength for the Chiefs this season and if Suh and Berry are off the board at #5, the best option available for the Chiefs would be McClain. I'm usually all for upgrading the Oline, but there just isn't that OT available at #5 that would be worth the pick. McClain is a better ILB prospect than Curry was last season and he's a born defensive leader... something this defense DESPERATELY needs. Vrabel may not even be back for next season and even if he is, he won't be here much longer. McClain is the best pick here assuming Suh or Berry do not fall.

2A.Jermaine Gresham-TE (Oklahoma)
    I believed even before the season that Brad Cottam could be the future at the TE position for the Chiefs. Once given his opportunity later in the season, he began to prove me right. However, his season ending (possible career ending) vertebrae injury has put a serious question mark in that theory. So, if Gresham falls to the Chiefs in the 2nd round, it has to be a no-brain decision to grab him. Haley went through several TE's this season trying to find one that will work in his system. Gresham has all the abilities to be a top flight passing target with decent blocking skills.

2B. Kyle Calloway- OT (Iowa)
    Addressing the offensive line in the 2nd round is essential to this team. Moving Calloway to the RT position puts the Chiefs in position to have their OT positions locked up for the foreseeable future. Albert should not be replaced at LT. He DID give up 9 sacks this season, but 7 of those were in the first 3 games while he was getting used to playing at his new weight and having to concentrate on fundamentals. The following 13 games, he just allowed 3 sacks. He showed improvement and also showed some nice run blocking once a real RB was in the backfield.

3. Jordan Shipley- WR (Texas)
    If he is available, this is ALSO a no-brain decision. A PERFECT slot receiver. Sure handed, fast, quick, reliable... everything you could possibly want from a slot receiver. If this is going to be New England 2.0, consider Shipley, Welker 2.0.

4. Sergio Kindle- DE/OLB (Texas)
    A BEAST on the outside. Could be this team's version of Shawn Merriman. The Chiefs will be looking for another OLB if they decide not to bring back Mike Vrabel who was a bit injury prone this past season. A linebacking corp of Hali, Williams, McClain, and Kindle would be one of the best... if not THE best in the league.

5A. LaGarret Blount- RB (Oregon)
    A fifth round gamble on a player who was projected to be a first round pick before character issues became relevant. The NFL has seemed to require a change of pace in the backfield. Currently, the Chiefs have the lightning... Blount would bring the Thunder.

5B. Myron Rolle- S (Florida St.)
    Could fall. If he had gone into the draft in 2009, he could've been a 2nd round pick. However, he became the Rhodes Scholar and took the year off from football. By FAR the smartest guy in the draft. The Chiefs need help at the Safety position. He's strong, fast, and physical to go along with the smarts. If Pioli gets the feeling that Rolle will still be available in the 5th round, he may even pass on Berry if he's available at #5. The combo of McClain/Rolle would be superior to any combo of Berry/5th rd ILB (Unless Spikes is available... which he won't be).

5C. Eric Olsen- OG (Notre Dame)
    The Chiefs need help on the Oline. Instead of grabbing a sure-fire starting CENTER in the early rounds, the Chiefs could move Waters inside to Center and find starting guards in the 5th and 6th rounds. Eric Olsen at 6'5, 305. Has a reputation of being mean and aggressive. Played his junior year at Center and his senior year at LG. He could start at RG for the Chiefs next season.

6. Brandon Carter- (Texas Tech)
    A 2008 first team All-American. He played OT, but will probably play OG at the next level. He would start IMMEDIATELY at LG next to Albert. This kid is one of the nastiest players in America. After having some nice guys on the line like Shields and Waters, it might be interesting to have a few guys on this line who would kick your mother in the mouth to gain a yard.

Offensive Line:
    LT-Branden Albert
    LG-Brandon Carter
    C-Brian Waters
    RG-Eric Olsen
    RT-Kyle Calloway
    TE-Jermaine Gresham

Linebackers:
    LOLB-Sergio Kindle
    LILB-Derrick Johnson
    RILB-Rolando McClain
    ROLB-Tamba Hali

Wide Receivers
    Chris Chambers
    Dwayne Bowe
    Jordan Shipley
    Bobby Wade

Safeties
    Jarrad Page
    Myron Rolle

Running Backs
    Jamaal Charles
    LaGarrett Blount
    Last edited by texaschief; 01-09-2010 at 08:39 PM.

by the way, that wasn't a mock of what I think Pioli will necessarily do, but what I would do. Also, I don't think there's ANYWAY we get through the draft without drafting Terrence Cody from Alabama. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him as our first 2nd round pick. I WILL however, burn Arrowhead TO THE GROUND if he's our first round pick.

If we could get McClain/Cody with picks 1 and 2, and then Shipley/Kindle with picks 4 and 5, that could be something pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

First Round:
    1. Rams- DT-Suh
    2. Lions- DT-McCoy
    3. Bucs- S-Eric Berry
    4. Redskins- QB-Bradford

Second Round:

Third Round:

Fourth Round-

Fifth Round-

Sixth Round-

It's obvious that the Chiefs at the VERY LEAST need one more ILB whether they keep Derrick Johnson or not. I'd like to see Johnson stay and team up with McClain in the middle. Linebackers were not a source of strength for the Chiefs this season and if Suh and Berry are off the board at #5, the best option available for the Chiefs would be McClain. I'm usually all for upgrading the Oline, but there just isn't that OT available at #5 that would be worth the pick. McClain is a better ILB prospect than Curry was last season and he's a born defensive leader... something this defense DESPERATELY needs. Vrabel may not even be back for next season and even if he is, he won't be here much longer. McClain is the best pick here assuming Suh or Berry do not fall.

I believed even before the season that Brad Cottam could be the future at the TE position for the Chiefs. Once given his opportunity later in the season, he began to prove me right. However, his season ending (possible career ending) vertebrae injury has put a serious question mark in that theory. So, if Gresham falls to the Chiefs in the 2nd round, it has to be a no-brain decision to grab him. Haley went through several TE's this season trying to find one that will work in his system. Gresham has all the abilities to be a top flight passing target with decent blocking skills.

Addressing the offensive line in the 2nd round is essential to this team. Moving Calloway to the RT position puts the Chiefs in position to have their OT positions locked up for the foreseeable future. Albert should not be replaced at LT. He DID give up 9 sacks this season, but 7 of those were in the first 3 games while he was getting used to playing at his new weight and having to concentrate on fundamentals. The following 13 games, he just allowed 3 sacks. He showed improvement and also showed some nice run blocking once a real RB was in the backfield.

If he is available, this is ALSO a no-brain decision. A PERFECT slot receiver. Sure handed, fast, quick, reliable... everything you could possibly want from a slot receiver. If this is going to be New England 2.0, consider Shipley, Welker 2.0.

A BEAST on the outside. Could be this team's version of Shawn Merriman. The Chiefs will be looking for another OLB if they decide not to bring back Mike Vrabel who was a bit injury prone this past season. A linebacking corp of Hali, Williams, McClain, and Kindle would be one of the best... if not THE best in the league.

A fifth round gamble on a player who was projected to be a first round pick before character issues became relevant. The NFL has seemed to require a change of pace in the backfield. Currently, the Chiefs have the lightning... Blount would bring the Thunder.

Could fall. If he had gone into the draft in 2009, he could've been a 2nd round pick. However, he became the Rhodes Scholar and took the year off from football. By FAR the smartest guy in the draft. The Chiefs need help at the Safety position. He's strong, fast, and physical to go along with the smarts. If Pioli gets the feeling that Rolle will still be available in the 5th round, he may even pass on Berry if he's available at #5. The combo of McClain/Rolle would be superior to any combo of Berry/5th rd ILB (Unless Spikes is available... which he won't be).

The Chiefs need help on the Oline. Instead of grabbing a sure-fire starting CENTER in the early rounds, the Chiefs could move Waters inside to Center and find starting guards in the 5th and 6th rounds. Eric Olsen at 6'5, 305. Has a reputation of being mean and aggressive. Played his junior year at Center and his senior year at LG. He could start at RG for the Chiefs next season.

A 2008 first team All-American. He played OT, but will probably play OG at the next level. He would start IMMEDIATELY at LG next to Albert. This kid is one of the nastiest players in America. After having some nice guys on the line like Shields and Waters, it might be interesting to have a few guys on this line who would kick your mother in the mouth to gain a yard.

Offensive Line:
    LT-Branden Albert
    LG-Brandon Carter
    C-Brian Waters
    RG-Eric Olsen
    RT-Kyle Calloway
    TE-Jermaine Gresham

Linebackers:
    LOLB-Sergio Kindle
    LILB-Derrick Johnson
    RILB-Rolando McClain
    ROLB-Tamba Hali

Wide Receivers
    Chris Chambers
    Dwayne Bowe
    Jordan Shipley
    Bobby Wade

Safeties
    Jarrad Page
    Myron Rolle

Running Backs
    Jamaal Charles
    LaGarrett Blount
    Great post, though I do disagree quite a bit. I think our offensive line played so well down the stretch that replacing 3 of the starters and moving 1 would be a mistake. I think O'Callaghan has been a gem for us at RT and I'm very satisfied with him at that position.

If Berry is gone at 5, then I'm OK with either Okung or McClain. McClain probably makes more sense, but Pioli passed on Curry last year so you have to figure he's going to pass on McClain as well. Not that I really agree with that.

I think Kindle is a sure bet for the 2nd round after his performance in the national championship. Blount finished the season as Oregon's 3rd string RB, so I have trouble believing he'll be drafted at this point.

Assuming Berry's gone (otherwise I take him and it changes things a bit):

1. OT Russell Okung, Oklahoma State - Albert to OG
    2a. Best Pass Rusher Available from Sergio Kindle/Von Miller/Eric Norwood/Jerry Hughes/Ricky Sapp (not necessarily in that order).
    2b. S DeAndre McDaniel, Clemson
    3. WR Jordan Shipley, Texas - I think everyone can agree on this guy. Prototypical slot receiver with KR/PR ability.
    4. RB Anthony Dixon, Mississippi State
    5a. C John Estes, Hawaii
    5b. ILB Micah Johnson, Kentucky
    5c. CB Alterraun Verner, LSU
    6. NT Ekom Udofia, Stanford

First Round:
    1. Rams- DT-Suh
    2. Lions- DT-McCoy
    3. Bucs- S-Eric Berry
    4. Redskins- QB-Bradford

Second Round:

Third Round:

Fourth Round-

Fifth Round-

Sixth Round-

Offensive Line:
    LT-Branden Albert
    LG-Brandon Carter
    C-Brian Waters
    RG-Eric Olsen
    RT-Kyle Calloway
    TE-Jermaine Gresham

Linebackers:
    LOLB-Sergio Kindle
    LILB-Derrick Johnson
    RILB-Rolando McClain
    ROLB-Tamba Hali

Wide Receivers
    Chris Chambers
    Dwayne Bowe
    Jordan Shipley
    Bobby Wade

Safeties
    Jarrad Page
    Myron Rolle

Running Backs
    Jamaal Charles
    LaGarrett Blount
    I like your Mock and I hope it comes true. The Rolle family is awesome, they bust *** and work hard and are a good bunch. We had our chance at Somarie Rolle, but turned him down.

Shipley I love. He is quick, and speedy. He is our Wes Welker, and he also returns punts and kicks...he struggled in the Championship game, which may have dropped his overall value, but I still think he is going to great anywhere he goes...unless its in Denver or Oakland.

McClain defiantly amazing...
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I like your Mock and I hope it comes true. The Rolle family is awesome, they bust *** and work hard and are a good bunch. We had our chance at Somarie Rolle, but turned him down.

Shipley I love. He is quick, and speedy. He is our Wes Welker, and he also returns punts and kicks...he struggled in the Championship game, which may have dropped his overall value, but I still think he is going to great anywhere he goes...unless its in Denver or Oakland.

McClain defiantly amazing...
    That's awesome... even though I'm sure you meant "definitely," I think I'm going to put that under my status where it says "hall of famer." I'm henceforth to be considered "Defiantly Amazing."

Quote Originally Posted by wichitaj View Post
    Mark Ingram or Julio Jones

INGRAM can't come out he's only a sophmore and we have charles anyway

First Round:
    1. Rams- DT-Suh
    2. Lions- DT-McCoy
    3. Bucs- S-Eric Berry
    4. Redskins- QB-Bradford

Second Round:

Third Round:

Fourth Round-

Fifth Round-

Sixth Round-

Offensive Line:
    LT-Branden Albert
    LG-Brandon Carter
    C-Brian Waters
    RG-Eric Olsen
    RT-Kyle Calloway
    TE-Jermaine Gresham

Linebackers:
    LOLB-Sergio Kindle
    LILB-Derrick Johnson
    RILB-Rolando McClain
    ROLB-Tamba Hali

Wide Receivers
    Chris Chambers
    Dwayne Bowe
    Jordan Shipley
    Bobby Wade

Safeties
    Jarrad Page
    Myron Rolle

Running Backs
    Jamaal Charles
    LaGarrett Blount
    no way if suh and berry are gone (they both wont be then we pick Okung. Most likely Okung and Berry will be therte so we take Berry..

Quote Originally Posted by kcnation View Post
    INGRAM can't come out he's only a sophmore and we have charles anyway
    I had heard he is entering the draft.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I had heard he is entering the draft.
    True sophomores can't enter the draft. Remember Maurice Clarett?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    no way if suh and berry are gone (they both wont be then we pick Okung. Most likely Okung and Berry will be therte so we take Berry..
    We honestly have no reason to draft Okung who is a lesser talent than Albert. Berry won't be there. Neither will Suh. The LT class is extremely shallow this year. Okung just happens to be the least smelly turd in the manure pile. You can't compare Okung to ANY of the top LTs that have come out over the past 3 years. Hell, Ryan Clady was taken #12 and Okung couldn't hold his jock! There's NO WAY you pay Okung top 5 money for the talent he possesses. If he were a top flight LT, the Detroit Lions would take him to protect their rookie QB. If he's not worth protecting Stafford, he's not worth protecting Cassel.

McClain NEEDS to be the pick.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast