Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is Denver really this good??

Default Is Denver really this good??

Ok so Dallas had the third best offense in the league going into the game with denver and denver shut them down in 2nd half.........while the chiefs losing if painful just the fact that denver has the same thing we do (rookie head coach new head coach) they are playing WAY better.......

now yes their first 3 games walks in the park (cincy should have won and they didn't **** around with oak.) dallas is a legit win. Now i won't say "yep best team" until next week when they play NE but if they do beat NE and do it in a good fashion then i will say they are good.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Did you watch the NBA Finals last year? Even the Laker fans that I know were admitting that they were getting calls the whole series in their favor.

Then you got the Pats vs Ravens game last week favoring the hell out of Tom Brady.

Its one thing to favor a team, but come on, don't make it completely obvious to everyone.

You know it may not be that they're favoring the whole team, but certain players are getting way more credit then these deserve and are consistantly getting calls in their favor.
    I've seen this, in limited shares, in The NBA. (Shaq)But not in The NFL.

Both of the calls for The Pats, with Brady, were correct.

And, if you can watch without favoritism, then you will see that refs make mistakes for and against every team.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

And, if you can watch without favoritism, then you will see that refs make mistakes for and against every team.
    Are you taling about the call against Meriwether for taunting Brandon Marshall?

NFL network showed the replay and the ref threw the flag for taunting BEFORE the taunting happened.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Are you taling about the call against Meriwether for taunting Brandon Marshall?

NFL network showed the replay and the ref threw the flag for taunting BEFORE the taunting happened.
    No I haven't seen that one.

I was talking about the two "roughing the passer" calls, against The Ravens last week.

No I haven't seen that one.

I was talking about the two "roughing the passer" calls, against The Ravens last week.
    That one was bullsh!t. (and I mean the rule not the call) They are taking it waaaaaay too easy on QBs these days. Might as well be flag football. If the QB stays on his feet then its not roughing the passer.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

There are definitely some bad calls in the NFL but not that many.

Referees make mistakes. They always will. The better teams almost always win. The better teams tend to get the calls because the refs don't expect them to make mistakes.

Do any of you honestly believe that calls consistently go for any one team and against another team? Since referees are rotated that would require a conspiracy.

Conspiracy on penalties... yes I do, and I can't wait until the league throws us more calls like versus the Cowboys, on a regular basis. The Donkeys have had this luxury for almost a straight decade and a half IMO.
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

That one was bullsh!t. (and I mean the rule not the call) They are taking it waaaaaay too easy on QBs these days. Might as well be flag football. If the QB stays on his feet then its not roughing the passer.
    Hell yeah! Agreed. ***** QB's. They put a new rule in that you can't go for legs because of Pollard. WTF!?! WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO WHEN A LINEMAN HOLDS YOU ON THE GROUND (which is a penalty wth)?!? He even caused an int on the that play so come on...

Favoritism? If I am watching a game for the sole purpose of just watching the game and I could careless who wins then thre is no favoritism.

Just like the NBA, there are MANY NFL players who get calls their way because they are "superstars" and theres no way they could make a mistake.

Example, there are a few select WR/TE they tend to push off the defender and don't ever get called for it like Tony Gonzalez, Chad Johnson, and Hines Ward, just to name a few.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Conspiracy on penalties... yes I do, and I can't wait until the league throws us more calls like versus the Cowboys, on a regular basis. The Donkeys have had this luxury for almost a straight decade and a half IMO.
    I can't agree with you.

I think that to assume different officials have been either given instruction or bribes to favor a particular team, or disfavor a team, stretches the imagination quite a bit.

If you said that one particular game was fixed or one official was corrupt I might be able to accept it as plausible. I think you'll need some extraordinary evidence to get anyone to believe your conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Favoritism? If I am watching a game for the sole purpose of just watching the game and I could careless who wins then thre is no favoritism.

Just like the NBA, there are MANY NFL players who get calls their way because they are "superstars" and theres no way they could make a mistake.

Example, there are a few select WR/TE they tend to push off the defender and don't ever get called for it like Tony Gonzalez, Chad Johnson, and Hines Ward, just to name a few.
    All WRs get away with that. Some plays seem more obvious than others. BUt that is a sias to the offense, over the defense. Not one player over another.

But I agree that that should be fixed. The rule and the penalty lengths for PI are ridiculous.

Stomp your opponent in the face with your cleets, and its fifteen yards.

But accidentally bump a WR while the ball is in the air, and the penalty can be as far as the QB can throw...plus an automatic first down!?!?!?

But just ten yards, and another try, if the offense is called for the same thing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234