Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It comes down to spirit

Default It comes down to spirit

In past years, no matter how lousy the Chiefs were, they would find a way to win home games like this. They would find a way to beat Oakland, beat the donk's, etc. It was the fan base, the seasoned players, the staff who had a personal stake. We have a new staff, a new roster, but it seems we also have a new fan base...one that doesn't have it in their gut. It's time to train them.

Now we've become a group of whiners. A group of disbelievers, a group that sit on our hands and waits...for something better.

You all remember that magic, right? Stop waiting, get to Arrowhead, and scream your arse off. It will be contagious...right down to the players. It's time to bring back the magic. We cannot turn into the Oakland Raiders.
    Last edited by MoJ; 10-12-2009 at 12:22 AM.

So this is thread/topic/idea #4,241 as to what's wrong and how to fix the Chiefs. We need better, talented players at certain positions and better play calling.

You can clown the Raiders all you want but there delusional jerkoff fans always step into Almaeda Cty Stadium w/ the belief that they'll win the game and you see where that gets them....Spirit doesn't do anything for the product on the field...I should know, my 'Noles have nothing but great fan support but it means nothing when your coaching staff is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by MoJ View Post
    Now we've become a group of whiners. A group of disbelievers, a group that sit on our hands and waits...for something better.
    You say this because of what people post on a message board? Seriously?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Hard to have the same magic of the 12th man with empty seats and an apposing fan base in attendance that is nearly as large as the home crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Hard to have the same magic of the 12th man with empty seats and an apposing fan base in attendance that is nearly as large as the home crowd.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky_lefty View Post
    You can clown the Raiders all you want but there delusional jerkoff fans always step into Almaeda Cty Stadium w/ the belief that they'll win the game and you see where that gets them....Spirit doesn't do anything for the product on the field...I should know, my 'Noles have nothing but great fan support but it means nothing when your coaching staff is horrible.
    Exactly!

I am a Cubs fan too. They don't have a problem with fan support. And yet they still have a problem with winning.

I am gonna go out on a limb here, and say that the fans are NOT the reason that this team is losing at home.

Have you ever been to Oakland???????? Thats the only thing to do.............I mean besides participate in a drive by or two!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    You say this because of what people post on a message board? Seriously?
    No.

Been to a game lately?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Exactly!

I am a Cubs fan too. They don't have a problem with fan support. And yet they still have a problem with winning.

I am gonna go out on a limb here, and say that the fans are NOT the reason that this team is losing at home.
    My favorite Cubs joke: You know what the Cubs and the Yankees have in common? Neither has won a World Series in their new stadium.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast