Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stop being predictable with LJ. More involvement with the passing game (screen like)

Default Stop being predictable with LJ. More involvement with the passing game (screen like)

PUT ASIDE YOU HATE FOR LJ FOR THIS THREAD PLEASE

I have seen LJ be very successful when getting short passes thrown to him, not really screens more like the one in the video. We need to get him involved with these things because the other team only thinks he is one dimensional and they are always ready for LJ to run. That is part of the reason for the lack of success and Charles success. LJ is hard to stop at full speed. Take a look at this play. And yes i understand this was 2 years ago but he really hasn't lost that much speed if any. He's a little lighter now too.

NFL Videos: Larry Johnson Highlight, WK 9 vs. Packers 2007

This is what Im talking about. Epic play. I want to see screens just like that to him. LJ was successful with the passing game against the Raiders when Charles was hurt. If we get him passes like this that will open up the running game. The more times LJ gets it the better IF we stop being one dimensional. Its not like other receivers are really doing anything. I think this team needs to start doing this more often which will open up other things.

Now I am not saying use him like a WR. HELL NO. He couldn't catch it. Just short screen like throws like this so theres no way to drop it.
    Last edited by kilobytes; 10-07-2009 at 01:24 AM.

Bench LJ's sorry a$$, or even better, release him.
    I don't understand why we won't just let Charles play.
    The offense seems to move so much better when Charles is in the backfield.
    Then here come LJ back in, run up the middle for no gain, and the drive stalls.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Bench LJ's sorry a$$, or even better, release him.
    I don't understand why we won't just let Charles play.
    The offense seems to move so much better when Charles is in the backfield.
    Then here come LJ back in, run up the middle for no gain, and the drive stalls.
    Agreed.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    SEE the one screen we threw to him got us 9 yards and a first. THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! Come on HALEY..................Run run run doesn't work with this o line. Spread LJ in to the passing game with screens like the ONE i saw today.....
    9 yards? I saw a -2 yard.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Wow who did we sign? Or is this an old post and you were talking about Thiggy. Cause is sure isn't Matt I love this ball I am never letting it go Cassel.
    Funny, but at one point he led us in rushing yards and I am not sure he did not end the game with a lead in rushing yards.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post

I saw a couple of those -2 yard screen plays today, heck, I saw a couple -7 yard screens.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    IMO a lot of fans want to much. Not only are we the second youngest team in the NFL, we are probably the slowest as far as team speed. You have not paid close attention to our OL trying to run. Not only are most of them slow, they are not athletic either. Hearing the same old complaints gets old after awhile. People need to realize, we still need to replace 8 or 9 starters, that will take a couple of years.
    I have not been paying attention to our o-line?

Both Waters and Goff are very agile for interior linemen and Albert is young and quick as well. But it's easy to understand how you might have missed that, as we don't get them on the move, except for screens that we are projecting to our opponents, and taking too long to get the ball out on.

I think the only plays that Haley knows how to design are downfield passes. But we don't get to do that very often, due to poor protection.

Poor protection..............O line SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Poor protection..............O line SUCKS!!!!!!!!
    Yes. They suck at pass protection. And they suck at implementing Haley's generic running game.

Maybe they would suck less at something else?

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Look at the box score.....
    The one you saw was a lateral that was obivious and was a terrible play call and decision to throw.............LJ got ONE screen pass. It was more of a short throw which I want to see more of but people are so ignorant and just don't understand that this works and has worked. Get him involved with this stuff and stop being predictable...

It seems Im the only one who actually remembers every play...

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Look at the box score.....
    The one you saw was a lateral that was obivious and was a terrible play call and decision to throw.............LJ got ONE screen pass. It was more of a short throw which I want to see more of but people are so ignorant and just don't understand that this works and has worked. Get him involved with this stuff and stop being predictable...

It seems Im the only one who actually remembers every play...

That's odd. Because I was thinking that it seems like you are the only one who doesn't remember every play.

I'll go back and get an exact count for you. But, in the two games that I have recorded, I seem to have counted about seven screen passes, with only one of them going for positive yardage.

I think that the horrible results are the reason they have gone away from that.

Though that hasn't been the case for alot of other plays.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast