Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Stop being predictable with LJ. More involvement with the passing game (screen like)

Default Stop being predictable with LJ. More involvement with the passing game (screen like)

PUT ASIDE YOU HATE FOR LJ FOR THIS THREAD PLEASE

I have seen LJ be very successful when getting short passes thrown to him, not really screens more like the one in the video. We need to get him involved with these things because the other team only thinks he is one dimensional and they are always ready for LJ to run. That is part of the reason for the lack of success and Charles success. LJ is hard to stop at full speed. Take a look at this play. And yes i understand this was 2 years ago but he really hasn't lost that much speed if any. He's a little lighter now too.

NFL Videos: Larry Johnson Highlight, WK 9 vs. Packers 2007

This is what Im talking about. Epic play. I want to see screens just like that to him. LJ was successful with the passing game against the Raiders when Charles was hurt. If we get him passes like this that will open up the running game. The more times LJ gets it the better IF we stop being one dimensional. Its not like other receivers are really doing anything. I think this team needs to start doing this more often which will open up other things.

Now I am not saying use him like a WR. HELL NO. He couldn't catch it. Just short screen like throws like this so theres no way to drop it.
    Last edited by kilobytes; 10-07-2009 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    That's odd. Because I was thinking that it seems like you are the only one who doesn't remember every play.

I'll go back and get an exact count for you. But, in the two games that I have recorded, I seem to have counted about seven screen passes, with only one of them going for positive yardage.

I think that the horrible results are the reason they have gone away from that.

Though that hasn't been the case for alot of other plays.
    Im talking about the ones to LJ. LJ got one screen vs the Cowboys for 9 yards and a first. The other one was a lateral and a very dangerous one too, with defenders right there. Thankfully he caught it or we would turn it over.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345