Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hermie on ESPN NFL Live

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Default Hermie on ESPN NFL Live

On NFL Live Hermie just called the upset of the week, said the Chiefs were going to beat the Cowgirls. Wow Hermie speaking out FOR this team. He!! has frozen over, looks like a good week to start the winning.

Hermie simply isn't worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    If he was horrible how come he has made the playoffs 4 times
    Because he inherited good teams from Bill Parcells and Dick Vermeil?

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Because he inherited good teams from Bill Parcells and Dick Vermeil?
    Dat be it!

...And, he ran both teams into the ground.

I really don't think Herm is a bad coach. Dick Vermeil left us with old retiring players. Herm got us to the playoffs with those players and then some retire and now we are in a rebuilding process. KC killed Herm. But I think he makes a better scout than coach. Has been good with drafts (according to analysts they just haven't done much yet). Gotta love Herms personality and I hope this is the upset of the week.
    You and texaschief would get along really well.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

If he was horrible how come he has made the playoffs 4 times
    Dude, seriously, do you want to go here? Do you remember that there had to be four, count em, FOUR teams that had to lose before we made the playoffs that year?

Sorry dude, Herm gets NO - 0 - NADDA credit for going to the playoffs that year.

Sheesh

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Dude, seriously, do you want to go here? Do you remember that there had to be four, count em, FOUR teams that had to lose before we made the playoffs that year?

Sorry dude, Herm gets NO - 0 - NADDA credit for going to the playoffs that year.

Sheesh
    What about the other 3.....sheesh

If you can remember we lost a game that year to a defensive pass interference against the Donkeys in Denver which cost us a game. You really can't put blame on refs in a typical game but this game they flat out screwed us . Yes I remember these things. Really did deserve to go. but still a 9-7 record you had to do something right.....should have been 10-6 too

What about the other 3.....sheesh

If you can remember we lost a game that year to a defensive pass interference against the Donkeys in Denver which cost us a game. You really can't put blame on refs in a typical game but this game they flat out screwed us . Yes I remember these things. Really did deserve to go. but still a 9-7 record you had to do something right.....should have been 10-6 too
    If Herm was such a good coach, we sure wouldn't have been 9-7. Losing to the Dolphins? Losing to the BROWNS?! Come on....
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

If he was horrible how come he has made the playoffs 4 times (yes he inherited a good team but you still gotta get them there)...He inherited an old team. I know we all hated the losing and we always look for a scapegoat but really he isn't terrible. I don't think he fits the head coach position but he really wasn't that bad. And example of a bad coach is Norv Turner. All the talent in the world and they can barely make .500, plus he inherited a 14-2 team that was arguably the best in the league, now there is no excuse. If Herm is terrible then Haley is too because our team hasn't been prepared the last few games. I think Haley is better but so far no change.

Definitely not saying Herm is any good just saying he isn't really that bad.
    You just lost any credibility you may have had on this board, with me at least. Herm was THE WORST thing to EVER happen to the KC Chiefs, he KILLED this team for years, he didnt have a bad season, he KILLED a good team. Yes they were aging but you dont blow up a good team and start from scratch, you replace the oldest with good drafts and work on positions of need. Also 30 people released from this team this year, and at as of the first game of the year 28 of them were still unemployed. Now of course a couple of them have been picked up but 28 for 30 with one of the two being Gonzo and most of the other 30 being Hermies guys.

I vomit a little every time I have to hear his voice. And he even knows he killed this team, why do you think he picks against us every week. For god sake he picked the Raiders over us this year, anyone with any ties to KC should NEVER pick the Raiders against us at home. It is sacraledge.

Herm is a terrible head coach and I can't believe anyone would try to convince people otherwise. His clock management is among the worst of all time. His decision making during games is pitiful. He's more predictable than a dead skunk laying in the middle of the road. His gameplanning is the worst (see playoffs vs. Colts 2006).

I like Herm, as a person. He's a good guy and he means well, but he is just not a good NFL head coach.

He knows everything there is to know about defensive backs, which is why he'd probably be the best DB coach in the league, but he's had his taste of NFL head coaching so it's unlikely he ever goes that route again.

Norv is a bad coach. So is Wade Phillips. So is Herm Edwards. Comparing them is like saying, "who's hotter, Rosie O'Donnell or Liza Minnelli?"

I hated having herm as our HC from day one. And I rarely have anything goof to say about him.

But I will agree that he isn't the absolute worst coach ever.

In fact, I would have preferred to have kept him here for one more season, (Playoffs or bust) as opposed to Haley.

I just don't trust Haley, and dislike the way he came in and insulted every player on the team, before even meeting with them.

And I fear that Haley will be alotted at least three seasons to rise above mediocrity, and that it won't happen. Leaving us exactly where we were at the end of last season.

Rising above mediocrity from the basement is a hard thing to do. Sustaining that rise is he hardest thing to do.

It takes one hell of a coach to get that done.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast