Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Resident pesimist and realist

Default Resident pesimist and realist

I have seen a few posts about people thinking the media is crazy picking the Chiefs 3rd and saying we get no respect.

I was just wondering what everyone thinks the Chiefs record will be at the end of the season? The Chiefs are going to struggle big time this year. I know the D is improved but if they don't learn to tackle, they will be in a world of hurt!!

I think we will be lucky to win 8 games. Wish I was wrong but I think the media might have it right this time! JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I called the loss to Detroit as soon as the opponents were named last February for the exact same thinking.

We almost always lose to the easiest team on the schedule. Not saying Detroit is a pushover just that they are the weakest non-division opponent on our schedule.
    No, but the Chiefs will think it and that is why Detroit will spank us even tho they will probably have something like 3 wins at this point in the season.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    No, but the Chiefs will think it and that is why Detroit will spank us even tho they will probably have something like 3 wins at this point in the season.

If the play of our "O" line tonight is any indication of what we will see in the regular season then we may be fortunate to have three wins at that point in the season ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    10-6!!
    Way to be optimistic but I am going for 8-8. This is one of the few times I have to disagree with you Canada. I know that we will probably shut out the Faders again this year so that will give us 2, we play Houston on the season opener which should give us 1, Minnesota (as long as Adrian doesn't make a debut a$$whooping on our d) should be one in the win column, Jac is a maybe but should be a win, We will take one from Denver and San Diego which would put us at 7, and we play the Lions on Dec. 23 which should be a win also. So I think 8 and 8 would be good. We also might pull one or 2 out from the Airplanes on Dec 30 and from the Pack on Nov 4. But my official guess will be 8-8. Ok, let the debates begin.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    Way to be optimistic but I am going for 8-8...
    I think at this point 8-8 is sadly being optimistic.

without an O-line it may be optimistic, defensivly I like the line but secondary wasn't even near where they were supposed to be on most of the plays.It's time to get their head out of their a**.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 08-24-2007 at 10:10 AM.
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

Quote Originally Posted by swmochiefsfan View Post
    without an O-line it may be optimistic, defensivly I like the line but secondary wasn't even near where they were supposed to be on most of the plays.It's time to get their head out of their a**.

Eggsactly my point.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i`m now hoping for 8-8, but 4-12 sounds closer all the time. i thought the chiefs of the early 80`s were gone but leave it to the queen and hermmie to bring them back.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Sweets Guest

You guys have BIG problems!!!!!

Let me just say that I won't try to predict our record, because being the huge homer that i am it will end up being something like 11-5, and we all know thats not gonna happen! But I'm not real worried ..... yet. It will be a rough season, or I should say a grind! We are truly gonna see Herm's team this year, and I think his team is a Defensive team, protect the ball on offense and stop the opposition. Personally, I kind of like that mentality, and I like that style of football. If we can manage to get Larry in the end zone a few times and not get the QB killed (not sure who the heck thats gonna be after last night, might be Printers for all i know) we'll be alright. We might be sneaky decent this year?!?!? And after I heard Brian Waters interview, I fell in Love with my Chiefs all over again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RednGold99 View Post
    Let me just say that I won't try to predict our record, because being the huge homer that i am it will end up being something like 11-5, and we all know thats not gonna happen! But I'm not real worried ..... yet. It will be a rough season, or I should say a grind! We are truly gonna see Herm's team this year, and I think his team is a Defensive team, protect the ball on offense and stop the opposition. Personally, I kind of like that mentality, and I like that style of football. If we can manage to get Larry in the end zone a few times and not get the QB killed (not sure who the heck thats gonna be after last night, might be Printers for all i know) we'll be alright. We might be sneaky decent this year?!?!? And after I heard Brian Waters interview, I fell in Love with my Chiefs all over again!!!!
    I love this guy, Go Chiefs
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast