Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Players don't respect Haley?

Default Players don't respect Haley?

Todd Haley To Suspend Next Guy Who Snickers During One Of His Tirades

KANSAS CITY--Chiefs coach Todd Haley issued a stern warning to his players on Tuesday during a meeting in which he lambasted them for their sloppy, mistake-filled play on the field: The next player who snickers during one of his tirades, he warned, will be fined and suspended “until further notice.”
    Witnesses said Haley grew enraged when lineman Branden Albert began giggling during his tirade, the third such incident this month for the Chiefs.
    “Just what in the name of Christ is so goddamn funny?” Haley screamed at Albert. “Why is it every time I start yelling, somebody in this goddamn room starts to snicker? Am I a comedian now? I'll tell you what: next person that snickers while I’m screaming is going to be suspended until further notice. You got that? Hey! You in the back! Bowe! What the hell did I just say? Are you deaf?”
    Haley then threw his clipboard to the floor and attempted to storm out of the room, but accidentally pushed the door instead of pulling it, resulting in more snickers. When he was finally gone, the room burst into laughter.

“Oh, man I don’t know how I kept a straight face during that one,” said running back Larry Johnson. “Did you see how red his face got when he was talking about accountability? He looked like he was gonna have a heart attack. I had to pretend I was tying my shoes so he wouldn’t see me laughing.”
    “My favorite part was when he threatened to bench the whole team,” said defender Tamba Hali. “ He was like ‘ I’ll bench every goddamn one of you if I have to!’ Talk about an empty threat. And then he gets mad at us for laughing. Hello? When you yell and scream all the time it starts to lose its impact. And when you do it, like, three times a day it starts to become really funny. But that’s cool. If it wasn’t for Coach Haley’s tirades, I wouldn’t have anything to look forward to in the morning.”
    For his part, Albert didn’t seem to take Haley’s suspension threat too seriously.

“Coach Haley is always screaming and making threats,” Albert said. “I think he just feels like that’s what he has to do to get his point across. Remember when he was caught on camera screaming at Anquan Boldin last year? That screaming got him this job. If it wasn’t for that, nobody would know who he is. So you can’t blame the guy for sticking with something that works for him.”
    Coach Haley wouldn’t comment on the suspension directly, but did talk about the importance of respect and accountability in a media session on Wednesday morning.
    “There’s nothing more important than accountability,” he said. “I’ve been trying to instill that since the day I got here. Sometimes that involves getting in people’s faces. Sometimes it involves suspending them. But hey, I’m the coach of this team and I demand to be respected. And…hey, what the hell are you guys laughing at? Did I say something funny? That's it. I'm leaving. ”

Not sure if this article is true, but if it is, that is a bad thing.

If they don't respect Haley, I can see why we can no wins.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Thats funny how Albert said the only reason Haley got this KC job was because he screamed at Anquan Boldin lol...i hope Haley sees that and starts coaching a little better..they make a fair point that if your screaming all the time, it loses it's impact....use the scream sparingly Todd, and coddle these young dudes just a tad so they actually respect you...

Haley is going to have a heart attack on the side lines one day, or he'll burst a blood vessel in his head or something

You guys do realize The Brushback is a satire news site?

That was hilarious though.

I dont think this is true but if it is thats not good news.

Again... The Brushback is the sports equivalent of The Onion.

Read what i says at the bottom of the page (in red letters).. IT'S SATIRE, AND FICTIONAL!!

Do you really think any of these players doesn't want to win as much as Haley does?? Come on!

AHHH that is exactly what I needed today! I could just see someone being so red-faced and angry that he would throw down his clipboard and try to push on a door where he was supposed to pull

I was in tears by the time I got to the end of it.

Nice post!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Yeah, I don't see LJ openly admitting to laughing at the coach with the short leash he has...

The Story is BS...

Even if the players don't respect him. How many people really do respect their bosses. I know there is some good ones out there, but come on... There isn't one above me that I trust.

please don't post fictional news.

Cant we use more competant sports links?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast