Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Workout 3 Defensive Tackles

Default Chiefs Workout 3 Defensive Tackles

Chiefs Work Out Three Defensive*Tackles - Arrowhead Pride

Chiefs Work Out Three Defensive Tackles

by Joel Thorman on Oct 10, 2009 6:48 PM CDT in 2009 Campaign

More photos » by Orlin Wagner - AP
    Tank Tyler and Ron Edwards had some competition in town. (AP Photo/Orlin Wagner)

The Kansas City Chiefs worked out three defensive tackles according to Brad Biggs of the National Football Post.
    The players are William Joseph, Tim Anderson and Marlon Favorite.
    Imagine this: If Favorite is signed (no indication that he will be), the Chiefs could send out an all LSU defensive line. Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey on the ends and Favorite in the middle. Crazy, huh?
    We're not quite sure if this means Todd Haley is unhappy with the nose tackle position. It appears that he's at least willing to search for an upgrade, or maybe just depth to supplement the current tackles Tank Tyler and Ron Edwards. I've previously given my support to Tyler who appears to have the tools to win the job.
    But, Edwards is currently the No. 1 nose tackle on the depth chart. He claimed that following the Philadelphia Eagles game.
    Here's some information on the players that were in for a workout:

Joseph was a 2003 first round pick by the New York Giants. He spent five years there before spending the majority of 2008 with the Oakland Raiders. If you'll recall, he was the player released when the Raiders acquired Richard Seymour. Then, when Seymour didn't initially show up, he was re-signed, only to be released three days later when Seymour finally arrived.
    He's listed at 6'5", 315 pounds. He spent a brief part of his time at the University of Miami as a defensive end before settling in at tackle.

Anderson was a 2004 third round draft pick by the Buffalo Bills out of Ohio State. He started a handful of games in his second year before being released in the middle of the 2007 season. He spent the remaining part of that season and the following year with the Atlanta Falcons. The Cowboys signed him in January of this year before cutting him in training camp.
    He's listed at 6'4", 315 pounds.

Favorite is a defensive tackle coming from LSU. He spent time on the St. Louis Rams practice squad after going undrafted. He's listed at 6'1", 317 pounds. He is a 23 year old rookie.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Well either they are doing terrible.(yea, really terrible)

or they just want to bring in some competition.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

My guess is that they are just trying to add some depth to a very thin NT position.

Any help is good right now.

I really doubt any of these guys would help much. It's probably just Pioli looking for depth. Surprised he's not taking a look at Shaun Smith.

What happened to looking for offensive line help? We are going to need it after today.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

how about o-linemen?? whatever this is sooo azzbackwards

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I really want to go after the guy that wasnt good enough for the Rams practice squad. And after that I am going to ask a terrorist how to be patriotic.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    I really want to go after the guy that wasnt good enough for the Rams practice squad. And after that I am going to ask a terrorist how to be patriotic.
    You would have better luck asking a terrorist how to be patriotic, they at least BELIEVE they can WIN!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Why are we looking for people for the middle of the DEFENSIVE line? How about some guys to block and protect so we can put more points on the board and control the clock.

Tyler and Edwards are probably REALLY good when they aren't constantly sucking oxygen from being on the field all the time.

jb

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast