Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LJ not sure about Week 1

Default LJ not sure about Week 1

Aug. 22, 3:44 p.m.
    Pulled from The Sporting News...also saw this story on other sources

Larry Johnson - RB (rank: 2), Kansas City

Johnson told AP he doesn't believe he'll be ready for a full role during Week 1 against the Texans. "Obviously, coaches are going to do a great job trying to get me on track to where week two or week three of the season I can hit my full stride," he said. "I'm going to try pick up as fast as I can."
    Fantasy Source spin: For the money he got, he ought to be ready. Fantasy owners would agree. Even a half-capacity LJ is worth a start against the Texans.
    Next 3: @HOU (20th in run defense; 122.2 ypg), @CHI, MIN. Bye week: 8

Not sure what he means by not ready for a full role...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Great SPIN piece there.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

So are you saying LJ is trying to downplay his readiness, as if that'll catch the Texans offguard?! Or are you saying he's trying to lower expecations as he realizes his Oline and QB situation suck...

This will probably all make sense in the morning, but I'm confused...who is "spinning" what?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I will be SHOCKED if LJ is not the feature back for week one. I expect him to take at least 20 carries.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I will be SHOCKED if LJ is not the feature back for week one. I expect him to take at least 20 carries.
    DITTO!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i think he`ll carry it 25 times,bennet 20 times,crolye half a dozen (from running for his life) and we`ll throw a half dozen times.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Sweets Guest

All LJ is saying is that he's not 100% up to playing mode, that's not to say he's not in excellent shape but he hasn't been doing the 2 a days that the rest of the team has been doing and you all should know he's never been one to come out full speed out of the blocks, by his 2nd or 3rd game he'll be tearing it up out there.

Same here! :)

He will take 20-25 carries and with our O-line he will be hit 15 times in the backfield but he will be ready for week 1. I say go LJ.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Great SPIN piece there.
    Agreed; I got dizzy just reading it.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast