Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Official Chiefs Vs. Cowboys Thread

Default Official Chiefs Vs. Cowboys Thread

Ok, a good but not great first half. We really need to get the running game going, how about this coach Haley, Stop running the damn draw!!!

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    So your ashamed to be a Chiefs fan? Here is what I am going to do...I will where my Chiefs shirt tomarrow, even after an ugly loss. Sure, you won't see it. But I am going to show the rest of KC that I still believe. Isn't there something on Royals shirts that say "Beleive" or something?
    No I am not ashamed, I just am not going to support this crap. I just bought a DT Jersey, a DBowe Jersey and a Cassel Jersey. But at this time I just am not going to get stressed out over this crap. Haley cant wont put the best team on the field because he wants respect, well he lost my respect and fast. When they talked about hiring him after the 'show' he put on in the playoffs I questioned it, but thought anything would be better then Herm. So far it has been better then Herm but only I believe because Pioli and maybe Haley are willing to cut people that arent getting it done and try other options but I dont at all like the way he is treating some of the good players that were here before him, and I have to say I am not sold on his continued faith in LJ. If it dont work the first time dont do it every down till it works. Once he sets his gameplan he sticks to it regardless if that is run, then he is willing to run it into the ground yards or not. It appears he is either unwilling or unable to adapt to game situations.

My other thought is he knows there isnt enough talent on this team to make it to the playoffs so he is going after the big talent (D Bowe and DJ) and knocking them down and degrading them so they dont get a big head (Like TG) and demand a trade. He isnt doing that with LJ because he isnt opposed to trading him. This is just a theory.

What was that statistic on 3rd down conversion for us this year? I know we are last in the NFL but before the game started, i think they said it was around 7 out of 52 or something? Good f***ing LORD....

Im getting a little tired of the whole Haley is looking for respect tirade..
    He is looking for players who are willing to give 110% every down.. Bowe has been a lot more consistent after Haley demoted him (and let him fight his way back), so I call that a win..
    Im not sure whats going on with DJ, but I actually like the young linebackers that have emerged. Cory Mays was all over the field in the first half, and Belcher made some plays too.
    I'd still like to see DJ on the field, but so far his comments haven't reflected those of a player who is pissed he has been demoted.. He seems a little indifferent. And thats not going to cut it with this adminstration.

Back to the game..

Negatives:

Horrible o-line play.. Again!
    Cassel held on to the ball a little too much a few times..
    Running game was DEAD!
    Again a single receiver is allowed to tear us up! (Don't have your 3rd CB cover their best receiver)
    LJ was running with too little power.. (and way too upright)
    LJ was allowed to continue getting no where..
    Too many bad tackles by Legget and Brown..

Positives:

No turnovers!
    When given time Cassel played well..
    That last drive in the 4th quarter!
    Defense played pretty well for the most part, but they gave up to many big plays.
    Hali demanded a lot of respect from the Dallas o-line..
    Cory Mays! (Im really starting to like this kid)
    Cassel is a warrior, even though he got pounded he never gave up!
    Bowe / Wade / Charles made som big plays!
    Gutsy trickplays called from Haley (too bad they didn't work, but atleast he dares try 'em)
    Very good kicking and kicking coverage!

The first 3 quarters the o-line looked like they didn't give a **** that Cassel was getting murdered back there.. That is concerning to me, hopefully his heart in this game will rub off on the rest, and they finally start comming together as a team.
    I mean they let a rusher clean through, and he throws Cassel 6 feet into the air, and noone even helps him get up.. WTF!

Now I will go cry my self to sleep over another loss, that whould have been a win, if this offense played with the same heart and spirit as the defense atleast did..
    Good night!
    Last edited by brish; 10-11-2009 at 08:42 PM.

i think one positive i would like to take from the game is the backup tackle Smith. I thought he actually came in and played pretty damned good! We might have something with him i think!

Well I had to work today and didn't get to see the game. The Ickles-Tampa Bay was on Fox here. But I kept checking the tv for updates on the score.

My first update was 10-0 Chiefs in the 2nd quarter. Of course I was happy! Someone came by just to tell me that news, too. I said yes I saw. I also said I was excited but that it isn't over yet.

Then 10-3 late in the 2nd, then halftime.

Then was very happy to see we got the 3 points back at 13-3. But it still wasn't over yet. Kept thinking hey we might beat the Cowboys but also kept having hte dreaded feeling Dallas would start to come back just as they did against Carolina when they were being shutout in the 3rd quarter then suddenly Romo got his act together.

Well then saw it cut to 13-10. Okay, we're still ahead. But now getting a little scary.

Then very shortly later 13-13. Aghh! It's starting. Held them to 3 points all game and now they get 10 points that quickly?!

The score held on at 13-13 in the 4th for a while then.

Then late in the 4th the announcers of the Ickles game mentioned Dallas is leading 20-13 but KC is driving. Doggone! Dallas took the lead on us. I was afraid this was going to happen.

Then I see Dallas 20, KC 13 with 25 seconds left. Doesn't look promising.

But the next time the top right scores work their way back to the Chiefs game it says Dallas 20, KC 19! Woohoo! Touchdown! (Now I just had to hope we didn't miss the extra point or that the td wasn't under review and then overturned! Or that we wouldn't go for 2 points and fail!)

By the way, I see some of you would have wanted to go for 2. Well I was strongly opposed to it last year when we lost 20-19 at San Diego that way. And was so relieved we didn't go for it again here. Imagine losing 20-19 once again on a failed 2 pt. attempt. I think the Arrowhead crowd would have had Haley's head!

So here we are 20-20 in overtime. I come home from work. I was disappointed that Fox didn't switch to live coverage of the overtime. Instead the analysts in the booth merely provided verbal periodic updates. Well they said KC had to punt. But then they said Dallas had to punt.

Then the bad news. Dallas wins 26-20.

Well I looked at our stats. LJ's were bad again. Cassel's seemed a little better than previously. And I know that game tying drive was apparently a good one. I read the posts from you guys to see just how they played overall.

Well I'm happy we played a close one instead of the way the past 2 games went. At the same time, there's the pain of another loss. And to still be winless this year. The toughest thing is to be up by 10 in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and then not be able to finish the opponent off. But I'm glad we also were able to force overtime with that td, instead of losing 20-13. Losing 20-13 after a 13-3 lead would be simply closing with it being all Dallas at the end. But we had some fight in us and made them have to score one more time in ot.

And even though a loss is still a loss, it's better for us that we came so close, unlike the Rams who got creamed yet again. And Oakland (44-7 haha!). And Tampa Bay. Losing 26-20 should help us going into Washington next week with more confidence then had we lost 44-7. The 49ers also laid an egg, 45-10. As did Jacksonville (41-0!). So while a lot of teams got whooped BAD today, we were tied after regulation.

Again, we really really really need a win. But it still could have been a lot worse. The Deadskins aren't very good. They're only 6 point home favorites against us. Maybe next week will finally be the win we're looking for. :)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Well I had to work today and didn't get to see the game. The Ickles-Tampa Bay was on Fox here. But I kept checking the tv for updates on the score.

My first update was 10-0 Chiefs in the 2nd quarter. Of course I was happy! Someone came by just to tell me that news, too. I said yes I saw. I also said I was excited but that it isn't over yet.

Then 10-3 late in the 2nd, then halftime.

Then was very happy to see we got the 3 points back at 13-3. But it still wasn't over yet. Kept thinking hey we might beat the Cowboys but also kept having hte dreaded feeling Dallas would start to come back just as they did against Carolina when they were being shutout in the 3rd quarter then suddenly Romo got his act together.

Well then saw it cut to 13-10. Okay, we're still ahead. But now getting a little scary.

Then very shortly later 13-13. Aghh! It's starting. Held them to 3 points all game and now they get 10 points that quickly?!

The score held on at 13-13 in the 4th for a while then.

Then late in the 4th the announcers of the Ickles game mentioned Dallas is leading 20-13 but KC is driving. Doggone! Dallas took the lead on us. I was afraid this was going to happen.

Then I see Dallas 20, KC 13 with 25 seconds left. Doesn't look promising.

But the next time the top right scores work their way back to the Chiefs game it says Dallas 20, KC 19! Woohoo! Touchdown! (Now I just had to hope we didn't miss the extra point or that the td wasn't under review and then overturned! Or that we wouldn't go for 2 points and fail!)

By the way, I see some of you would have wanted to go for 2. Well I was strongly opposed to it last year when we lost 20-19 at San Diego that way. And was so relieved we didn't go for it again here. Imagine losing 20-19 once again on a failed 2 pt. attempt. I think the Arrowhead crowd would have had Haley's head!

So here we are 20-20 in overtime. I come home from work. I was disappointed that Fox didn't switch to live coverage of the overtime. Instead the analysts in the booth merely provided verbal periodic updates. Well they said KC had to punt. But then they said Dallas had to punt.

Then the bad news. Dallas wins 26-20.

Well I looked at our stats. LJ's were bad again. Cassel's seemed a little better than previously. And I know that game tying drive was apparently a good one. I read the posts from you guys to see just how they played overall.

Well I'm happy we played a close one instead of the way the past 2 games went. At the same time, there's the pain of another loss. And to still be winless this year. The toughest thing is to be up by 10 in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and then not be able to finish the opponent off. But I'm glad we also were able to force overtime with that td, instead of losing 20-13. Losing 20-13 after a 13-3 lead would be simply closing with it being all Dallas at the end. But we had some fight in us and made them have to score one more time in ot.

And even though a loss is still a loss, it's better for us that we came so close, unlike the Rams who got creamed yet again. And Oakland (44-7 haha!). And Tampa Bay. Losing 26-20 should help us going into Washington next week with more confidence then had we lost 44-7. The 49ers also laid an egg, 45-10. As did Jacksonville (41-0!). So while a lot of teams got whooped BAD today, we were tied after regulation.

Again, we really really really need a win. But it still could have been a lot worse. The Deadskins aren't very good. They're only 6 point home favorites against us. Maybe next week will finally be the win we're looking for. :)

The lions did beat them and the rams barley lost. The chiefs defently have a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    [/b]

The lions did beat them and the rams barley lost. The chiefs defently have a shot.
    And Washington also gave the Panthers their first win of the season today. Let's hope they do the same for the Chiefs as they did for the Lions and Panthers!

By the way, past stats don't mean much for present games, but we are 7-1 lifetime against Washington.

just an update on the 3rd down conversion post. The statistic is 18 of 68. that is terrible. I am surprised we don't hear Haley yelling he could get a pop Warner quarterback and made more conversions.
    also, i like the spell checker feature on this forum. very professional. Probably more interesting than talking about the chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    Cory Mays! (Im really starting to like this kid)
    me too, he may not be the best or near it, but he's not affraid to make a hit, seems to love making those tackles

he can play for us next year IMO

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    me too, he may not be the best or near it, but he's not affraid to make a hit, seems to love making those tackles

he can play for us next year IMO

Hell yes. I heard that guy's name called all day long. He may not be a pro bowler but he can be a very solid player for years to come. We need more guys like him on the team.