Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

Default Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

I personally blame Haley for keeping LJ out there all game when it was obvious he was going nowhere. There are other backs on this team who are better than LJ now and can hit a hole with some speed and illusiveness. LJ is done and he does not have the heart of the lion anymore. Furthermore, if he cannot run the damned ball then he is a liability because he cannot pass protect at all. I give the Chiefs overall some credit for not giving up today, it sucks they lost but itwe all know this year is about rebuilding. Like the announcers said, KC is doing like Dallas did the years right after troy aikman started. The announcers are alot more intuitive than most of us and they firmly believe that Pioli and Haley will build a winner and thats alright with me. Haley is a rookie HC and he will make some bad decisions, but like the players he will learn. We all want to see the Chiefs win and today we thought we might. Maybe if Haley had of gone away from LJ and benched him we could have done just enough to win, but he didn't. So heres how we have to look at this, LJ needs to be gone, and I wouldnt mind seeing Bowe gone at this point either if we could get a 1st, and a 3rd for him in next years draft. I know Bowe has the ability, but he disappears for quarters at a time and sometimes appears to be dogging it. We cannot blame Cassel, it is amazing that with his horrible protection and lack of any running game, he only has 2 i nts this year. He may not be a Peyton Manning or a Drew Brees, but he plays with heart and will get better when his supporting cast gets better. Back to LJ, I wanted so bad to see him do well this year, but its obvious he's not going to... WHo wants to bet Twitlock blames Haley and Cassel for this loss today??

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    lol i don't wish anyone on this team to fail... But if it will STFU your damn mouths about LJ then i would gladly watch it and laugh.
    Just like SIC said if LJ had a probowl line and was only getting 2.5 yrds per carry i would gladly say we need to look elsewhere. But i know no matter who we put behind our line they would not do any better for aslong as LJ has been. I'm sure charles in the backfield will get some decent yards for awhile. Until the defense keyed on him like they do LJ.

Seriously people it's common sense here. You should have learned it in 2nd grade.
    I will help you with it.

We have no Oline to protect the QB.
    We have Recievers that don't have the greatest hands and drop easy short passes.
    Our oline is so bad we have no down field threat.
    We have no speed on the team at WR.

By process of elimination. What does that leave us as the #1 threat? Oh that is right LJ
    so what do defenses do? Stack the box and plug the holes. Hence you don't see larry hit the holes very hard. Why? because there are none!!!!

and as far as you canada.... Dude seriously your just a douchebag.. Why you are even on this site is beyond me when i have seen people threatened to be banned for less then what you prance around on this site doing. Other people on this site don't like LJ and whatever that is there opinion.. you don't even have an opinion you just like to talk ****. Annoying.
    It upsets you this much that I disagree with you fairlady? Why don't you cry then....throw a temper tantrum. What rules did I bread here that upset you so much? I said LJ is washed up?

I wanna get this straight...if LJ had a pro bowl line then he would be great. Thats that you are saying? Great Analysis!! HOw are you not a commmentator or journalist with such konwledge. I have an opinion, it is opposite yours and you start calling me names. I guess that does make me a douche bag.

I aoplogize to you fairlady....you figured it out. LJ and his 45 yard average are not a problem. Our running game is #1 and we habe much greater things to worry about. Thanks for pointing out the error of my ways. I will try real hard to ba a casual fan like you who sits back and laughs at fellow fans when our team fails!! Glad to have you aboard, we needed a new 12 year old after Aussie left!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

lol I'm not even going to get into it with you. I just stated my opinion about you, you say i'm a crybaby ok.

But do you even watch the games? Or do you just look at the scores and stats? I would say 45 yards per game on this offense is damned good right now. Our #1 play right now is a delayed hand off right up the gut. The delay takes about one second. It takes the defense about 1 second to penetrate our o-line. What does that leave us with? LJ with defenders on his back as he carries them for a 2 yard gain. That is about how EVERY run play goes. LJ has picked up some big time blitzers and punished them sending them to the ground (watch haleys press conference where he talks about LJ blocking very very well). And he has yet to drop a screen pass thrown at him this year, even when he gets hit in the face the instant he touches the ball. He is the least of our concerns right now. That is all i'm saying in my points
    Last edited by fairladyZ; 10-14-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    lol I'm not even going to get into it with you. I just stated my opinion about you, you say i'm a crybaby ok.

But do you even watch the games? Or do you just look at the scores and stats? I would say 45 yards per game on this offense is damned good right now. Our #1 play right now is a delayed hand off right up the gut. The delay takes about one second. It takes the defense about 1 second to penetrate our o-line. What does that leave us with? LJ with defenders on his back as he carries them for a 2 yard gain. That is about how EVERY run play goes. LJ has picked up some big time blitzers and punished them sending them to the ground (watch haleys press conference where he talks about LJ blocking very very well). And he has yet to drop a screen pass thrown at him this year, even when he gets hit in the face the instant he touches the ball. He is the least of our concerns right now. That is all i'm saying in my points, yet you guys still want to hang him
    And I would agree with you if this was the first time LJ wasnt producing. Most peoples defense of him is "Look at his stats in 2006 and 2007" This year his YPC dropped by almost half from last season. Did we have a good O line last year that I missed? How do you explain that? We are here to talk about football, not your opininon of me. Sorry if that makes you sould like a b!tch, maybe you should leave your personal feelings out of it. I am not here saying the LJ is the only problem with this team. Everyone is quite aware of the poor offensive line, but LJ managed to get some yards last season and this year he is not...and none of that is his fault? Get over yourself. You say we all want to hang him....we all want a productive running game. LJ had made it clear that he does not like being in KC over and over again, so why should we all jump up to defend him when he plays poorly?

Again....sorry I disagree with you.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Yeah I think all these 1 and 2 yds a carry makes getting a rb a main thing for us. And yeah LJ's attitude and even talking of leaving doesn't help either.

I was glad when we retained him, after having suffered the loss of TG. I was hoping LJ would have better stuff left in him then what we're seeing. Yes the oline is a factor, but he's been criticized by Mitch and Lenny too for some of his runs. He's also just too much of a north to south runner, too one-dimensional.

Like others have said, I think it'd be nice to at least try giving Charles significantly more carries. He sure has good speed and often breaks one for 10-15. One of Washington's (few) strengths is their dline. I'm afraid, though, we'll once again do the same thing. Give the ball to LJ about 18 times for 36 yards, and Charles 3 times for 15 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    And Cassel is only throwing for 177 yards a game? But yet so many of you are talking about how impressed you are with him with how he's doing with a terrible O-line.

I don't care if we had Charles, Peterson, Benson, or anyone else in the backfield. They aren't going to do any better when the defense gets penetration like they do against our O-line. If the O-line gets significantly better, and we still see the same result from LJ, then you can talk. Otherwise LJ has and will be been successful. He did average 4.5 yards a carry last year.
    I am not impressed with Cassel yet.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Yea, that will work......as he can't block already.
    The FB is running the other way in a FB fake so he can't make a hole to block anyway.....The FB goes left and the HB right or vice versa.....

It seems you people didn't listen to the Chiefs Kingdom show on Monday. LJ showed up on the show and Mitch talked to him. Seems like a pretty cool guy to me. He just gets down after losses like all players do....talked about how he loves us fans because we tell it like it is. Im sure he knows about all the criticism
    Last edited by kilobytes; 10-14-2009 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    It seems you people didn't listen to the Chiefs Kingdom show on Monday. LJ showed up on the show and Mitch talked to him. Seems like a pretty cool guy to me. He just gets down after losses like all players do....talked about how he loves us fans because we tell it like it is. Im sure he knows about all the criticism
    Until any of these guys know what its like to have a lil fame and go through the things he does, they will NEVER understand.

All they do is read about him in the papers and internet and make their judgement on that. Not taking in consideration how exaggerated stories are.

I personally can give a rats a$$ what he does off the field. All I care about is what he does on the field. It doesnt seem like much right now but I give him props for taking the little he's getting and taking a pounding for it.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I am not impressed with Cassel yet.
    I am. Slightly.

I thought he would have been injured, or played so poorly that he would have lost the starting job at this point.

But, he has actually played pretty well, considering the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Until any of these guys know what its like to have a lil fame and go through the things he does, they will NEVER understand.

All they do is read about him in the papers and internet And police reports and make their judgement on that. Not taking in consideration how exaggerated stories are.

I personally can give a rats a$$ what he does off the field. So, then OJ Simpson would be ok with you? All I care about is what he does on the field. And what has that been, lately? It doesnt seem like much right now but I give him props for taking the little he's getting and taking a pounding for it.
    Sure. Not being a celebrity means that there are circumstances in LJ's life that we are unaware of.

But the same can be said of absolutley anybody. I didn't grow up in the same neighborhood as Ted Bundy. I didn't have to live with Jeffrey Dahmer's parents. I wasn't even alive when Adolph Hitler was coming of age.

Granted, all of those are extreme examples. But if you're trying to say that it's silly to criticize LJ's actions, because I haven't walked in his shoes, then the same goes for guys like Bundy, Manson, Dahmer and Hitler.

I do respect LJ for continuing to go out there and take the beating, for so little production. And I am not one who is really down on him right now.

But I have wanted LJ gone since he held out for his big payday.

Not because I blame him for doing so. Just that I knew he was gonna get that big payday, based on the successes of guys like vermiel, Roaf, Shields and Richardson, and would never be able to match that kind of success without those guys.

I wanted him to be released this past offseason, because I could see that we have a pass-only offensive coach, and a sub-par group of blockers. So, why pay top dollar, for a crappy performance, rather it's his fault, or not.

The most telling thing, for me, about LJs personality is the way he and Vermiel interacted. Anyone who can't get along with Dick Vermiel has to be a jerk.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910