Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

Default Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

I personally blame Haley for keeping LJ out there all game when it was obvious he was going nowhere. There are other backs on this team who are better than LJ now and can hit a hole with some speed and illusiveness. LJ is done and he does not have the heart of the lion anymore. Furthermore, if he cannot run the damned ball then he is a liability because he cannot pass protect at all. I give the Chiefs overall some credit for not giving up today, it sucks they lost but itwe all know this year is about rebuilding. Like the announcers said, KC is doing like Dallas did the years right after troy aikman started. The announcers are alot more intuitive than most of us and they firmly believe that Pioli and Haley will build a winner and thats alright with me. Haley is a rookie HC and he will make some bad decisions, but like the players he will learn. We all want to see the Chiefs win and today we thought we might. Maybe if Haley had of gone away from LJ and benched him we could have done just enough to win, but he didn't. So heres how we have to look at this, LJ needs to be gone, and I wouldnt mind seeing Bowe gone at this point either if we could get a 1st, and a 3rd for him in next years draft. I know Bowe has the ability, but he disappears for quarters at a time and sometimes appears to be dogging it. We cannot blame Cassel, it is amazing that with his horrible protection and lack of any running game, he only has 2 i nts this year. He may not be a Peyton Manning or a Drew Brees, but he plays with heart and will get better when his supporting cast gets better. Back to LJ, I wanted so bad to see him do well this year, but its obvious he's not going to... WHo wants to bet Twitlock blames Haley and Cassel for this loss today??

Very well spoken, exactly my point..

Quote Originally Posted by King_of_the_Cassel View Post
    Very well spoken, exactly my point..
    Just think, he made his point with a lot less effort than you did.

Next time try some punctuation and sentence formatting. This is not English class, but try and use the tools available to make your points more clear and easier to follow.

Geez, some of us barely made it though high school for Pete's sake.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

they need to stop running the ball when LJ is in. The defense knows whats coming. I should of looked to see how many times dallas stacked the line when LJ was in the backfield. I don't think Charles or Battle would do anything diff. in the backfield, its kind of hard to get away from a defender when he gets to you as soon as you touch the ball.

Its all CP fault for not getting young lineman to back up our old lineman. a game is decided in the trenches and we are losing those battles.

I simply don't believe that Haley know's his a55 from a hole in the ground, when it comes to running the ball.

We currently have one C and four OGs on the o-line. The one thing you should be able to do is get yards running up the gut.

But then, our running plays seem to consist of "Block a guy and have the HB hit the ... let's have him hit the four hole and see if that works, this time. Yeah, try the four hole."

Defenses are designed to have the holes plugged. All of them. We need someone to get through that hole, to "unplug" it first.

Larry looks like he has concrete in his shoes? Have you ever seen how fast water moves down a plugged drain? Pretty much the same.

Stir the water around... Splash it... whatever you want, it still won't get though the hole, if it is plugged.

Just find a way to send a 300 lb "Liquid Plumber" through the hole, and watch what happens.

Sure. Our o-linemen have looked bad. They have been unable to protect our QBs. And they have been unable to open up the running lanes.

But both Waters and Goff are excellent run blockers. So it's either that they have both decided to give up.. (Pretty unlikely) or there is something wrong with the job that they are being told to do.

Haley is a passing coach. That's what got him to The Super Bowl. And I doubt he will stray from that idea anytime soon.

So, call it player failure if you want. But are they failing, or are they being asked to do the job wrong, and succeeding at that?

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Behind THIS offensive line.

LJ- 93 Attempts, 226 yds, 2.4 yard average, 0 TDs,
    8 Catches, 57 Yards, 0 TDs, and he's fumbled 2 times, lost one.

JC- 15 Attempts, 77 Yards, 5.1 yd average, 0 TD,
    12 catches, 117 yards, 0 TD, fumbled ONCE, and lost it.

So it's more than a couple more yards here and there, since JC has about 1/6 the number of carries. It's more like JC has twice the number of yards per carry with WAY fewer carries.

Jamal Charles has done fairly well behind this line on his limited touches, because he's faster for one thing. LJ isn't lax because he's been getting beat up on. He's lax because he got a huge contract and was able to get lazy while Herm was here.

jb
    Really??? I mean really? Go to work today and tell your boss to pay you way more but for the next two years, tell you your a piece of **** and are doing a ****ty job every day. Trust me, it'll wear on ya!!!! JC would'nt do much better after a few games because this team is so one dimensional. He can't run inside the tackles so teams would figure out that he's going outside every time and they would key on that thereby creating the same situation we have now.!!! IT ALL STARTS WITH THE O LINE!!!!!!! QB is better, RB is better, EVERYTHING is better!!!

NOW, how bout that ****ty tackling yesterday from the D that has improved so much??? Cost us the damn game by my estimation!!!! Haley couldn't tackle Miles nor could Pioli!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Really??? I mean really? Go to work today and tell your boss to pay you way more but for the next two years, tell you your a piece of **** and are doing a ****ty job every day. Trust me, it'll wear on ya!!!! JC would'nt do much better after a few games because this team is so one dimensional. He can't run inside the tackles so teams would figure out that he's going outside every time and they would key on that thereby creating the same situation we have now.!!! IT ALL STARTS WITH THE O LINE!!!!!!! QB is better, RB is better, EVERYTHING is better!!!

NOW, how bout that ****ty tackling yesterday from the D that has improved so much??? Cost us the damn game by my estimation!!!! Haley couldn't tackle Miles nor could Pioli!!
    If its just the OL, how do you explain JC doubling LJs ypc?
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    If its just the OL, how do you explain JC doubling LJs ypc?
    It was less than half the carries for god sakes! I said in another thread I think that the teams would figure out that JC can't run between the tackles and they would crash the outside thereby resulting in the same problem. O line fixes that problem for any running back. Open holes.....RB has the inside OR outside option and makes the team not so one dimensional.

It was less than half the carries for god sakes! I said in another thread I think that the teams would figure out that JC can't run between the tackles and they would crash the outside thereby resulting in the same problem. O line fixes that problem for any running back. Open holes.....RB has the inside OR outside option and makes the team not so one dimensional.
    You just made my point! Start JC and give him more carries...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    You just made my point! Start JC and give him more carries...
    My point is WHY? Everyone in the league knows he's not that much of a threat especially behind this line. He might attack the outside for a half and then they would shut him down! Hell, the O line can't open up holes in the middle, what makes you think their fat asses can get outside to block for him?

My point is WHY? Everyone in the league knows he's not that much of a threat especially behind this line. He might attack the outside for a half and then they would shut him down! Hell, the O line can't open up holes in the middle, what makes you think their fat asses can get outside to block for him?
    My point is WHY NOT? LJ is a washed-up has-been. His ypc vs JCs ypc speaks for itself...Bench LJ and start Charles and lets see what he can do. Can't be any worse than LJs 2.4 yds/carry...
    SHUT IT

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast