Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

Default Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

I personally blame Haley for keeping LJ out there all game when it was obvious he was going nowhere. There are other backs on this team who are better than LJ now and can hit a hole with some speed and illusiveness. LJ is done and he does not have the heart of the lion anymore. Furthermore, if he cannot run the damned ball then he is a liability because he cannot pass protect at all. I give the Chiefs overall some credit for not giving up today, it sucks they lost but itwe all know this year is about rebuilding. Like the announcers said, KC is doing like Dallas did the years right after troy aikman started. The announcers are alot more intuitive than most of us and they firmly believe that Pioli and Haley will build a winner and thats alright with me. Haley is a rookie HC and he will make some bad decisions, but like the players he will learn. We all want to see the Chiefs win and today we thought we might. Maybe if Haley had of gone away from LJ and benched him we could have done just enough to win, but he didn't. So heres how we have to look at this, LJ needs to be gone, and I wouldnt mind seeing Bowe gone at this point either if we could get a 1st, and a 3rd for him in next years draft. I know Bowe has the ability, but he disappears for quarters at a time and sometimes appears to be dogging it. We cannot blame Cassel, it is amazing that with his horrible protection and lack of any running game, he only has 2 i nts this year. He may not be a Peyton Manning or a Drew Brees, but he plays with heart and will get better when his supporting cast gets better. Back to LJ, I wanted so bad to see him do well this year, but its obvious he's not going to... WHo wants to bet Twitlock blames Haley and Cassel for this loss today??

Not a threat in the passing game? Are you kidding?

In 05 and 06 where he had over 1700 yards rushing, LJ also had 33 and 41 catches for 343 and 410 yards respectively. Thats 10 yards a catch. Not to mention in 07 he had 30 catches in just half the season.

And teams do stack the line against KC when LJ is in cuz they know their O-line is weak. Its hard to open up a pass game when you have no run game and vise versa.

Oh and 95% percent of the time you can predict if a team is going to run or pass. Its the players job to execute the play.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Not a threat in the passing game? Are you kidding?

In 05 and 06 where he had over 1700 yards rushing, LJ also had 33 and 41 catches for 343 and 410 yards respectively. Thats 10 yards a catch. Not to mention in 07 he had 30 catches in just half the season.

And teams do stack the line against KC when LJ is in cuz they know their O-line is weak. Its hard to open up a pass game when you have no run game and vise versa.

Oh and 95% percent of the time you can predict if a team is going to run or pass. Its the players job to execute the play.
    You can't ever talk in the past tense when talking about a 30 year old running back. LJ was a great back, but now he is a bad one. That's really all there is to it. RBs fall off the map very quickly when they get to 30 as it's been proven time and time again.

I came into this post way late but....

Its time to shelve LJ and move on.

I'm pretty sure LJ got 2 screens thrown at him in the game.

He one hand caught one and caught the other one with a defender right on him which was a VERY dangerous throw.

LJ has hands people just like to talk all the **** they can on him

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    I'm pretty sure LJ got 2 screens thrown at him in the game.

He one hand caught one and caught the other one with a defender right on him which was a VERY dangerous throw.

LJ has hands people just like to talk all the **** they can on him
    People are ONLY talking trash about him cuz he isnt very productive right now. If he had 400 yards rushing now, EVERYONE would be talking about how great he is. He's a downhill runner.

Lets keep it real, HOW MANY RB'S IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL HAVE PUT UP GOOD NUMBERS WITH A CRAPPY O-LINE??? I can only think of 1 man, Barry Sanders. And in my eyes, he IS the greatest running back the NFL has ever seen. And LJ is nowhere near the level of Barry.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    People are ONLY talking trash about him cuz he isnt very productive right now. If he had 400 yards rushing now, EVERYONE would be talking about how great he is. He's a downhill runner.

Lets keep it real, HOW MANY RB'S IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL HAVE PUT UP GOOD NUMBERS WITH A CRAPPY O-LINE??? I can only think of 1 man, Barry Sanders. And in my eyes, he IS the greatest running back the NFL has ever seen. And LJ is nowhere near the level of Barry.
    People are talking trash about him because he is averaging 45.2 yards per game. 45.2!!! I dont care who you play for, that is crap. Sure people would not be on his case if he had 400 yards....because that would mean he is doing his job. All I ever hear is excuses for LJ. I know he runs behind a bad O line, does that mean he does not have to do anything and we all have to sit and marvel at the wonder that is Larry Johnson? He sat out for an entire preseason because he did not get paid enough. Wants to get what he is worth...how much is he willing to give back now that he is an unproductive 30 yr old RB?? Face it man, hes washed up.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

[quote=SIC J;161246]People are ONLY talking trash about him cuz he isnt very productive right now. [quote]

And some people are talking trash cause he is a douche bag. There are lots of reasons people dont like him.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

lol

wtf do you want the guy to do? levitate and float to the ****ing endzone? seriously.

The guy tries his *** off and goes out there and touches the ball 20 times and gets smacked in the mouth immediately every time he does touch the damned thing. Watch haley's press conference.. Just like haley says. LJ is trying very hard but he needs help and he's not getting it right now. And actually out of all the press conferences i have watched of LJ this year the only thing he has said is that they need to come together and play as a team and get better a game at a time. Which is what everyone else is saying aswell. Hell everyone in this LEAGUE that says that after a game must be making excuses huh?

As much as i love LJ i want them to start charles and let him play a whole game without LJ.. And when he gets injured, coughs up the ball a couple times, and averages same if not less than LJ, i want to laugh at all of you.

lol

wtf do you want the guy to do? levitate and float to the ****ing endzone? seriously.

The guy tries his *** off and goes out there and touches the ball 20 times and gets smacked in the mouth immediately every time he does touch the damned thing. Watch haley's press conference.. Just like haley says. LJ is trying very hard but he needs help and he's not getting it right now. And actually out of all the press conferences i have watched of LJ this year the only thing he has said is that they need to come together and play as a team and get better a game at a time. Which is what everyone else is saying aswell. Hell everyone in this LEAGUE that says that after a game must be making excuses huh?

As much as i love LJ i want them to start charles and let him play a whole game without LJ.. And when he gets injured, coughs up the ball a couple times, and averages same if not less than LJ, i want to laugh at all of you.
    So u r just an LJ fan and not a Chiefs fan. Cant wait to be rid of you and LJ then!!

lol

I completely agree.

I don't get how these people in one thread are saying how terrible the O-line is and the Cassel has no time to pass but then come to this thread and saying LJ sucks cuz he's not rushing for 100 yards a game. What does the O-line magically get better when LJ is in there and its his fault as soon as the ball is snapped that theres 2 defenders in the backfield already?

Give it a rest guys.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast