Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

Default Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

I personally blame Haley for keeping LJ out there all game when it was obvious he was going nowhere. There are other backs on this team who are better than LJ now and can hit a hole with some speed and illusiveness. LJ is done and he does not have the heart of the lion anymore. Furthermore, if he cannot run the damned ball then he is a liability because he cannot pass protect at all. I give the Chiefs overall some credit for not giving up today, it sucks they lost but itwe all know this year is about rebuilding. Like the announcers said, KC is doing like Dallas did the years right after troy aikman started. The announcers are alot more intuitive than most of us and they firmly believe that Pioli and Haley will build a winner and thats alright with me. Haley is a rookie HC and he will make some bad decisions, but like the players he will learn. We all want to see the Chiefs win and today we thought we might. Maybe if Haley had of gone away from LJ and benched him we could have done just enough to win, but he didn't. So heres how we have to look at this, LJ needs to be gone, and I wouldnt mind seeing Bowe gone at this point either if we could get a 1st, and a 3rd for him in next years draft. I know Bowe has the ability, but he disappears for quarters at a time and sometimes appears to be dogging it. We cannot blame Cassel, it is amazing that with his horrible protection and lack of any running game, he only has 2 i nts this year. He may not be a Peyton Manning or a Drew Brees, but he plays with heart and will get better when his supporting cast gets better. Back to LJ, I wanted so bad to see him do well this year, but its obvious he's not going to... WHo wants to bet Twitlock blames Haley and Cassel for this loss today??

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    As much as i love LJ i want them to start charles and let him play a whole game without LJ.. And when he gets injured, coughs up the ball a couple times, and averages same if not less than LJ, i want to laugh at all of you.
    Nice, so you're hoping for a Chiefs player to fail.

I don't see why the LJ supporters are so against trying something new. Is it really going to get any worse than 2.4 yards per carry?

LJ is a shadow of his former self. I think people are too wrapped up what he did 3-4 years ago and not what he's doing today as a RB who turns 30 in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Nice, so you're hoping for a Chiefs player to fail.

I don't see why the LJ supporters are so against trying something new. Is it really going to get any worse than 2.4 yards per carry?

LJ is a shadow of his former self. I think people are too wrapped up what he did 3-4 years ago and not what he's doing today as a RB who turns 30 in a month.
    He averaged 4.5 carries a game last year. He is in better shape then last year as well. Lost weight and is a lil quicker. I don't see why everyone is so caught up on his age.

Brett Farve is what, like 85 and stil is one of the better QB's in the league!

Players are now playing longer than before cuz they keep in better shape these days in ALL sports. I'm about to be 30 and am in better shape right now then I was 2 years ago. Even going back to the gym for MMA training just as a way to get in good physical condition. When you hit 34-35, thats when age starts coming into play again, not 30.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    I completely agree.

I don't get how these people in one thread are saying how terrible the O-line is and the Cassel has no time to pass but then come to this thread and saying LJ sucks cuz he's not rushing for 100 yards a game. What does the O-line magically get better when LJ is in there and its his fault as soon as the ball is snapped that theres 2 defenders in the backfield already?

Give it a rest guys.
    Hes not even rushing for 50 yards a game. thats the problem
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    He averaged 4.5 carries a game last year. He is in better shape then last year as well. Lost weight and is a lil quicker. I don't see why everyone is so caught up on his age.

Brett Farve is what, like 85 and stil is one of the better QB's in the league!

Players are now playing longer than before cuz they keep in better shape these days in ALL sports. I'm about to be 30 and am in better shape right now then I was 2 years ago. Even going back to the gym for MMA training just as a way to get in good physical condition. When you hit 34-35, thats when age starts coming into play again, not 30.
    Seriously...who are the 30+ successful RBs?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Actually 30 is the wall.. if you have been playing the whole time. remember, LJ didnt take any hits until a couple of years ago.

Its not his body that is failing, its his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Actually 30 is the wall.. if you have been playing the whole time. remember, LJ didnt take any hits until a couple of years ago.

Dont forget his 400+ carry season

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post

Agreed and I think anyone would be disheartened when dealing with an O line like his for the last year and a half!! Rightly so too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Hes not even rushing for 50 yards a game. thats the problem
    And Cassel is only throwing for 177 yards a game? But yet so many of you are talking about how impressed you are with him with how he's doing with a terrible O-line.

I don't care if we had Charles, Peterson, Benson, or anyone else in the backfield. They aren't going to do any better when the defense gets penetration like they do against our O-line. If the O-line gets significantly better, and we still see the same result from LJ, then you can talk. Otherwise LJ has and will be been successful. He did average 4.5 yards a carry last year.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Why don't we line up with two TE's and put LJ and Charles in at the same time. That would give additional blockers, the defense wouldn't know who was going to run the ball to were and Charles is just as good or better than most of our recievers anyway. Run a hurry up offense, because they seem to play better in the two minute drill. Would be worth a try anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Why don't we line up with two TE's and put LJ and Charles in at the same time. That would give additional blockers, the defense wouldn't know who was going to run the ball to were and Charles is just as good or better than most of our recievers anyway. Run a hurry up offense, because they seem to play better in the two minute drill. Would be worth a try anyway.
    Line up LJ at FB...do anything to mix it up and not be predictable. FB fake then pitch it to Charles or something.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast