Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

Default Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

I personally blame Haley for keeping LJ out there all game when it was obvious he was going nowhere. There are other backs on this team who are better than LJ now and can hit a hole with some speed and illusiveness. LJ is done and he does not have the heart of the lion anymore. Furthermore, if he cannot run the damned ball then he is a liability because he cannot pass protect at all. I give the Chiefs overall some credit for not giving up today, it sucks they lost but itwe all know this year is about rebuilding. Like the announcers said, KC is doing like Dallas did the years right after troy aikman started. The announcers are alot more intuitive than most of us and they firmly believe that Pioli and Haley will build a winner and thats alright with me. Haley is a rookie HC and he will make some bad decisions, but like the players he will learn. We all want to see the Chiefs win and today we thought we might. Maybe if Haley had of gone away from LJ and benched him we could have done just enough to win, but he didn't. So heres how we have to look at this, LJ needs to be gone, and I wouldnt mind seeing Bowe gone at this point either if we could get a 1st, and a 3rd for him in next years draft. I know Bowe has the ability, but he disappears for quarters at a time and sometimes appears to be dogging it. We cannot blame Cassel, it is amazing that with his horrible protection and lack of any running game, he only has 2 i nts this year. He may not be a Peyton Manning or a Drew Brees, but he plays with heart and will get better when his supporting cast gets better. Back to LJ, I wanted so bad to see him do well this year, but its obvious he's not going to... WHo wants to bet Twitlock blames Haley and Cassel for this loss today??

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Line up LJ at FB...do anything to mix it up and not be predictable. FB fake then pitch it to Charles or something.
    Yea, that will work......as he can't block already.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

lol i don't wish anyone on this team to fail... But if it will STFU your damn mouths about LJ then i would gladly watch it and laugh.
    Just like SIC said if LJ had a probowl line and was only getting 2.5 yrds per carry i would gladly say we need to look elsewhere. But i know no matter who we put behind our line they would not do any better for aslong as LJ has been. I'm sure charles in the backfield will get some decent yards for awhile. Until the defense keyed on him like they do LJ.

Seriously people it's common sense here. You should have learned it in 2nd grade.
    I will help you with it.

We have no Oline to protect the QB.
    We have Recievers that don't have the greatest hands and drop easy short passes.
    Our oline is so bad we have no down field threat.
    We have no speed on the team at WR.

By process of elimination. What does that leave us as the #1 threat? Oh that is right LJ
    so what do defenses do? Stack the box and plug the holes. Hence you don't see larry hit the holes very hard. Why? because there are none!!!!

and as far as you canada.... Dude seriously your just a douchebag.. Why you are even on this site is beyond me when i have seen people threatened to be banned for less then what you prance around on this site doing. Other people on this site don't like LJ and whatever that is there opinion.. you don't even have an opinion you just like to talk ****. Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    I completely agree.

I don't get how these people in one thread are saying how terrible the O-line is and the Cassel has no time to pass but then come to this thread and saying LJ sucks cuz he's not rushing for 100 yards a game. What does the O-line magically get better when LJ is in there and its his fault as soon as the ball is snapped that theres 2 defenders in the backfield already?

Give it a rest guys.
    As I watched the game on Sunday, LJ was noticably slow in hitting the line. I think he is waiting on holes to develop like he had when Roaf, Water, Weigman were blocking. So he is being patient, which is usually good. But he is waiting for holes that aren't coming. He is not hitting the line with any speed.

Obviously several people noticed the same thing about LJ. We're not all dummies. Even Troy Aikman pointed it out during the broadcast. It's glaring. We are all entitled to our opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    lol i don't wish anyone on this team to fail... But if it will STFU your damn mouths about LJ then i would gladly watch it and laugh.
    Just like SIC said if LJ had a probowl line and was only getting 2.5 yrds per carry i would gladly say we need to look elsewhere. But i know no matter who we put behind our line they would not do any better for aslong as LJ has been. I'm sure charles in the backfield will get some decent yards for awhile. Until the defense keyed on him like they do LJ.

Seriously people it's common sense here. You should have learned it in 2nd grade.
    I will help you with it.

We have no Oline to protect the QB.
    We have Recievers that don't have the greatest hands and drop easy short passes.
    Our oline is so bad we have no down field threat.
    We have no speed on the team at WR.

By process of elimination. What does that leave us as the #1 threat? Oh that is right LJ
    so what do defenses do? Stack the box and plug the holes. Hence you don't see larry hit the holes very hard. Why? because there are none!!!!

and as far as you canada.... Dude seriously your just a douchebag.. Why you are even on this site is beyond me when i have seen people threatened to be banned for less then what you prance around on this site doing. Other people on this site don't like LJ and whatever that is there opinion.. you don't even have an opinion you just like to talk ****. Annoying.
    Was this your attempt to see how many rules you can break with one post? Shape up or ship out. We're all Chiefs fans around here. We're all entitled to our own opinions. Just because you feel strongly that your opinion is the right one, doesn't mean that everyone else has to agree.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results”. Running LJ twenty times behind Goff and Waters obviously wasn't working. Why not try to mix things up a bit?

A quick reminder for those who have amnesia. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Coach; 10-13-2009 at 10:27 PM.

lol how did i know i would get in trouble for my comments.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    lol how did i know i would get in trouble for my comments.
    Maybe because you knew you were breaking the rules.

I just read this excerpt off of ESPN FF:

Based on recent commercials for his movie, Michael Jackson has more life in him these days than Larry Johnson. What? Too soon? Or not soon enough? LJ is done. You know it, I know it and deep down, the Chiefs know it. And sooner rather than later, they will pull the plug on a guy who is currently averaging 2.4 yards per carry. Two-point-four! On 93 attempts! Charles, meanwhile, hasn't gotten a lot of work (only 15 attempts) but what he has gotten, he's done something with. He's averaging 5.1 yards per carry. He also had 54 yards on five receptions Sunday. He's a better pass-catcher than Larry, a better running back these days and, having never met either man, I'll say it: He strikes me as the better human being. Charles will be the guy sooner or later.

hehe i was actually going to edit my original post to include (like i will here) but didn't.

I really don't think LJ is done. I think he needs a line, and i don't think charles is the guy. i think charles is an awesome change of pace back and i do wish we would use him more. And i wish we would use LJ in differnt scheme's aswell. If LJ is in teh game defenses know we most likely aren't throwing to him and we are running up the gut. Which i have yet to see larry drop a ball from a screen pass and the runs he does get to the outside he has done decent with.

I think we need to mix it up with LJ and use charles more. I just know if we put the load on charles he would not do better than LJ and wind up getting hurt or hurting us and any chance we have to win.

For the life of me I can't understand why anybody would defend LJ being on this team. C'mon, He can't (or won't) help block. That alone should put him on the bench. He doesn't have the speed to either burst through a hole or get to the outside. He's 30 - old in rb years. He seems (to me) to always be taking the easy way out. And off the field, he's not exactly a high character person. In fact, he's not worth one more minute of my time. So I'll stop.
    SHUT IT

Why is he required to put forth any more effort than the rest of the team? Obviously he isn't the only one that has decided to give less than 100% right?

He actually has improved his pass blocking this year.. Just look at the game tape.
    That being said, I'd like to see Charles get more carries, and I hope Haley will give Smith a look when he returns.

LJ looks like he has lost explosivenes to me.

I'm not for, or against LJ. He's an expendable piece of a puzzle right now.
    After saying that, I watched the game again last night and don't really believe that he's lost his explosiveness. What he has lost is his ENTIRE Pro-bowl line that he used to run behind. He's searching for the holes that used to open up and allow him to blast into the secondary, thus beating them into submission to the point that they no longer wanted to tackle him anymore by the end of the game.

He could still be the same big bruising back that he used to be (at least for another year) if only the line would allow him a lane to run in.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast