Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

Default Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

I personally blame Haley for keeping LJ out there all game when it was obvious he was going nowhere. There are other backs on this team who are better than LJ now and can hit a hole with some speed and illusiveness. LJ is done and he does not have the heart of the lion anymore. Furthermore, if he cannot run the damned ball then he is a liability because he cannot pass protect at all. I give the Chiefs overall some credit for not giving up today, it sucks they lost but itwe all know this year is about rebuilding. Like the announcers said, KC is doing like Dallas did the years right after troy aikman started. The announcers are alot more intuitive than most of us and they firmly believe that Pioli and Haley will build a winner and thats alright with me. Haley is a rookie HC and he will make some bad decisions, but like the players he will learn. We all want to see the Chiefs win and today we thought we might. Maybe if Haley had of gone away from LJ and benched him we could have done just enough to win, but he didn't. So heres how we have to look at this, LJ needs to be gone, and I wouldnt mind seeing Bowe gone at this point either if we could get a 1st, and a 3rd for him in next years draft. I know Bowe has the ability, but he disappears for quarters at a time and sometimes appears to be dogging it. We cannot blame Cassel, it is amazing that with his horrible protection and lack of any running game, he only has 2 i nts this year. He may not be a Peyton Manning or a Drew Brees, but he plays with heart and will get better when his supporting cast gets better. Back to LJ, I wanted so bad to see him do well this year, but its obvious he's not going to... WHo wants to bet Twitlock blames Haley and Cassel for this loss today??

Dude, I can't read that.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

can't read what? Can you only read books with pictures? lol Just Kidding, I guess I went on a little long Honda and I usually agree with all your posts so I won't take offense.. Just try to read and see if you can agree.

Its one big blob....you have heard of paragraphs right?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I wouldn't attempt to run behind that line either. You fate as a RB is sealed before the game starts!!! I would take a 27 step drop every time if I were Cassel too!!!! No RB will be productive behind this line consistantly!!! You might not like LJ but he HAS to be absolutely fed up with getting smacked in the face EVERY SINGLE TIME he gets the ball!!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Its one big blob....you have heard of paragraphs right?
    We are on a football forum, not an english and literature school. What if I can't write in paragraphs, would that make you feel better to point out my inability to write correctly?

Some people are so nitpicky about things and they want to point out other people's flaws to cover up their own. I guess in that respect you are kind of like Jason Whitlock.

I will do my best to avoid blob posts if that will make you feel better. We are both KC fans and we should be able to communicate without cutting each other down.

After today's game, I felt deflated and perhaps Honda, you did as well. Once again I usually enjoy reading your posts, so I won't get mad at you this time....

LJ looked pretty bad out there today. He could do way better. Sure the O-line sucks, but we're stuck with it until next April.

Why he doesn't see this as an opportunity to step up and set a better example I don't know.

No matter what anyone says, even with this bangedup oline, I believe that Charles or Battle could do better than LJ because they are much faster. LJ gets the ball, stops and runs into the back of his oline....wtf is that??

Really, I do not hate LJ. It is not his fault. No, I am not talking about the line. I am talking about physical ability. I honestly believe he is giving effort. His shoes are filled with cement. It happens. I honestly think he has never overcome the one injury.

I do not like his attitude, but I do not blame him for being unable to perform acceptably at this level anymore. Even if the line were pro bowlers again, he has lost a step and has no break away speed anymore.

It was also not his fault what happened with Allen. It was Peterson's. He demanded the money, they gave it. They went against what the whole league new and proved they were not smarter. Everyone knows when you put that kind of load on a guy over a couple seasons it burns him out. They also knew how important a d-end that can pressure the back side is (consider they had the best for a decade). Even with that knowledge they made the decision to trade Allen and sight LJ to the contract. Mind you, they likely would have still gotten some good draft picks for LJ too.

I've been a big supporter of LJ. Until today. I think part of it is his fault, part O-line, and part Haley.

LJ's fault because if the run is between the tackles and you have an OL that doesn't get any push, then you had better hit the hole with some speed and conviction. He seems to be waiting for a hole to open up. It's not going to happen behind this line. He doesn't seem to be trying very hard. It's pretty sad when Troy Aikman picks that up after only seeing him play 2 quarters of football.

OL's fault because they could suck a bowling ball through a garden hose. They suck. Oh yeah and they suck.

Haley's fault, because he won't run LJ outside of the tackles. The one time LJ bounced outside he had a nice gain. I think it was called back because of a hold on Brian Waters though. Haley has to be more creative in the running game when you have an OL that can't run block. Larry had 20 rushes today. I would be surprised if any of them were outside of the guards.

Jackie Battle should be the "between the tackles" back without question. He is strong and runs hard. He isn't great at breaking tackles or reading holes. But behind this line, it doesn't really mater.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast