Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

Default Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

I personally blame Haley for keeping LJ out there all game when it was obvious he was going nowhere. There are other backs on this team who are better than LJ now and can hit a hole with some speed and illusiveness. LJ is done and he does not have the heart of the lion anymore. Furthermore, if he cannot run the damned ball then he is a liability because he cannot pass protect at all. I give the Chiefs overall some credit for not giving up today, it sucks they lost but itwe all know this year is about rebuilding. Like the announcers said, KC is doing like Dallas did the years right after troy aikman started. The announcers are alot more intuitive than most of us and they firmly believe that Pioli and Haley will build a winner and thats alright with me. Haley is a rookie HC and he will make some bad decisions, but like the players he will learn. We all want to see the Chiefs win and today we thought we might. Maybe if Haley had of gone away from LJ and benched him we could have done just enough to win, but he didn't. So heres how we have to look at this, LJ needs to be gone, and I wouldnt mind seeing Bowe gone at this point either if we could get a 1st, and a 3rd for him in next years draft. I know Bowe has the ability, but he disappears for quarters at a time and sometimes appears to be dogging it. We cannot blame Cassel, it is amazing that with his horrible protection and lack of any running game, he only has 2 i nts this year. He may not be a Peyton Manning or a Drew Brees, but he plays with heart and will get better when his supporting cast gets better. Back to LJ, I wanted so bad to see him do well this year, but its obvious he's not going to... WHo wants to bet Twitlock blames Haley and Cassel for this loss today??

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    It was less than half the carries for god sakes! I said in another thread I think that the teams would figure out that JC can't run between the tackles and they would crash the outside thereby resulting in the same problem. O line fixes that problem for any running back. Open holes.....RB has the inside OR outside option and makes the team not so one dimensional.
    Well it is a whole lot easier to plug the couple of running lanes hat are right in front of the LBs than to go plug the ones outside. And he shere size of the 5,6,7&8 holes means that you will need more defenders to plug those holes.

My point is WHY? Everyone in the league knows he's not that much of a threat especially behind this line. He might attack the outside for a half and then they would shut him down! Hell, the O line can't open up holes in the middle, what makes you think their fat asses can get outside to block for him?
    Why?

Why not?

Oline can't open the holes up the middle?

Hmmm... Let's try the ouside lanes, then? How much worse could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    My point is WHY NOT? LJ is a washed-up has-been. His ypc vs JCs ypc speaks for itself...Bench LJ and start Charles and lets see what he can do. Can't be any worse than LJs 2.4 yds/carry...
    I don't think you bench a guy that is being paid so much and has also at one time proven himself to be a good RB. I think any coaching staff, not just ours knows that JC is not a starting caliber RB. His 2.8 yds per carry won't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things. 2.8 being what I think he would be getting after he had as many carries as LJ.

I don't think you bench a guy that is being paid so much and has also at one time proven himself to be a good RB. I think any coaching staff, not just ours knows that JC is not a starting caliber RB. His 2.8 yds per carry won't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things. 2.8 being what I think he would be getting after he had as many carries as LJ.
    Fair enough. But I still say cook or get out of the kitchen...
    SHUT IT

cut LJ NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumanok View Post
    cut LJ NOW!
    I think a trade would be better i am sure you can get something for him.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think a trade would be better i am sure you can get something for him.
    If we could get a heaping pile of steaming %$#@ for LJ, I say make the trade...
    SHUT IT

LJ is like Emmit Smith. They are really good when they have a good O-line and fullback in front of them. LJ is not a play maker.

And him not gaining the yards he wants and losing all these games is not helping his confidence. He's quick to blame others for him not being able to do his thing.

But if we were having 100 yard games and they were winning, his attitude would be 100% different.

The losing record is getting the best of him.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Start Charles, use LJ for short yardage... like I've been saying all season.

I would agree that Charles should start. I think if he got the bulk of the carries and brought Larry in once in a while and in the 4th qtr we might see more production out of Larry.
    Larry always did run better when he was p!ssed and had something to prove.

My point is WHY? Everyone in the league knows he's not that much of a threat especially behind this line. He might attack the outside for a half and then they would shut him down! Hell, the O line can't open up holes in the middle, what makes you think their fat asses can get outside to block for him?
    Which then means that middle is soft and you don't have 8 guys running at Cassel because they're worried about getting beat outside. It opens up another dimension for the team and then you run Charles up the middle a few times..same theory, they're worried about him going outside so he goes up the middle.

Fact is LJ is done and has been done for a few years now. Why people continue to believe he's going to turn some magical corner baffles me.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast