Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

Default Larry Johnson Is Washed Up And Heartless

I personally blame Haley for keeping LJ out there all game when it was obvious he was going nowhere. There are other backs on this team who are better than LJ now and can hit a hole with some speed and illusiveness. LJ is done and he does not have the heart of the lion anymore. Furthermore, if he cannot run the damned ball then he is a liability because he cannot pass protect at all. I give the Chiefs overall some credit for not giving up today, it sucks they lost but itwe all know this year is about rebuilding. Like the announcers said, KC is doing like Dallas did the years right after troy aikman started. The announcers are alot more intuitive than most of us and they firmly believe that Pioli and Haley will build a winner and thats alright with me. Haley is a rookie HC and he will make some bad decisions, but like the players he will learn. We all want to see the Chiefs win and today we thought we might. Maybe if Haley had of gone away from LJ and benched him we could have done just enough to win, but he didn't. So heres how we have to look at this, LJ needs to be gone, and I wouldnt mind seeing Bowe gone at this point either if we could get a 1st, and a 3rd for him in next years draft. I know Bowe has the ability, but he disappears for quarters at a time and sometimes appears to be dogging it. We cannot blame Cassel, it is amazing that with his horrible protection and lack of any running game, he only has 2 i nts this year. He may not be a Peyton Manning or a Drew Brees, but he plays with heart and will get better when his supporting cast gets better. Back to LJ, I wanted so bad to see him do well this year, but its obvious he's not going to... WHo wants to bet Twitlock blames Haley and Cassel for this loss today??

Very well spoken, I couldnt agree more. LJ just looks like he is running in concrete or not running at all and furthermore he cannot pass block, or he won't...

Quote Originally Posted by King_of_the_Cassel View Post
    Very well spoken, I couldnt agree more. LJ just looks like he is running in concrete or not running at all and furthermore he cannot pass block, or he won't...
    That describes the entire o line as well.

This is why we spread him in to the passing game with screens like the ONE he got today for 9 yards and a first down.....Ive been telling you all about this before.....

Predictability is part of the lack of success but the o line is most to blame.

AND ARE YOU KIDDING ME ABOUT BOWE?!?! Bowe is the best reciever we have and is being covered like a hawk because he is the only receiver we have. 74 yds and a TD today is good. Usually the top receiver gets shut down for awhile on any team which opens up other WR
    Last edited by kilobytes; 10-11-2009 at 06:27 PM.

Lj needs to go away! He just runs into the line and falls down every time. JC atleast try's to find some holes.

Quote Originally Posted by stone cold View Post
    Lj needs to go away! He just runs into the line and falls down every time. JC atleast try's to find some holes.
    Agreed!!! Jamaal at least can make some cuts!

Too bad there isnt one single team in the NFL interested in a trade for LJ, cuz i would like to see him gone immediately.

I think we need to bench Lj he is not producing a running threat, opposing defense know he is coming straight at them, so lets start JB!

Quote Originally Posted by King_of_the_Cassel View Post
    can't read what? Can you only read books with pictures? lol Just Kidding, I guess I went on a little long Honda and I usually agree with all your posts so I won't take offense.. Just try to read and see if you can agree.

No, we can't read your eleventy billion point font in red, with your inability to break anything into paragraphs with punctuation.

BUT- that said, I agree that LJ was kept in for too long, doing the SAME THING for too long, and getting nowhere. He needs to sit for a week at least to see what someone else can do. Maybe with our horrible O-line, we just need someone faster, with younger legs.

We're not asking for perfect grammar here, but try using a standard font and break it into paragraphs. I can't be asked to read your post. But I think I get the gist of it from the headline.

LJ can't do anything behind this o-line, not many runningbacks can.. But I agree that JC and and Battle / Savage are probably better fits for this team right now..

Furthermore.. LJ is running way to high, meaning he isn't leaning into the defenders. He needs to get low and punish the tacklers.. The whole idea of a running attack that goes between the tackles, is to tire the defense.
    Well LJ is going down way to easy, I even noticed on a few plays, that he slowed down a little just before reaching the LoS..

"Hit them in them mouth man! You're way to slow to be making cuts!"

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    We're not asking for perfect grammar here, but try using a standard font and break it into paragraphs. I can't be asked to read your post. "
    Yes, this is what I was getting at.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Even Troy Aikman commented on how it looked as if LJ wasn't giving enough effort.
    Chiefs in 2011

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast