Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A couple things I don't like about our Chiefs,,,

Default A couple things I don't like about our Chiefs,,,

1. Scott Pioli:
    A: Hiring Todd Haley
    B: Drafting 2 DTs with 1st 2 picks when our OL so desperately needed attention.
    C: Trading Tony

2. Todd Haley:
    A: Firing Chan Gailey
    B: Hiring Clancey Pendergast
    C: Benching good players (Bowe, DJ) while keeping unproductive players (Jackson, LJ) in starting positions
    D: 0-9 since preseason coupled with an arrogant attitude that has lost the respect of most of the players on this team.

And don't tell me we need more time. Denver was so bad last year that - well - we beat them. Yet they bring in a new coaching staff and a sh!tload of new players and they are, ah, 5-0.

I say later Todd. Give this team to Chan to finish off the year. Whats the worse that can happen? We lose another game?
    SHUT IT

I am not sure if you all have noticed, but at game time Haley has shown a little more composure during the game. I am not sure what he is doing in practice.

I do agree that his attitude about the players on this team sucks, but then again, the players do need to do what they are told, so I am split there.

At any event, the biggest problem we are dealing with by far is the fact that we had a crappy offensive line a year ago, and we have a crappy Offensive line now.

I can't wait to see Waters does after this season, bet me if he doesn't retire!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    1. Scott Pioli:
    A: Hiring Todd Haley
    B: Drafting 2 DTs with 1st 2 picks when our OL so desperately needed attention.
    C: Trading Tony

2. Todd Haley:
    A: Firing Chan Gailey
    B: Hiring Clancey Pendergast
    C: Benching good players (Bowe, DJ) while keeping unproductive players (Jackson, LJ) in starting positions
    D: 0-9 since preseason coupled with an arrogant attitude that has lost the respect of most of the players on this team.

And don't tell me we need more time. Denver was so bad last year that - well - we beat them. Yet they bring in a new coaching staff and a sh!tload of new players and they are, ah, 5-0.

I say later Todd. Give this team to Chan to finish off the year. Whats the worse that can happen? We lose another game?
    There is something to be said for this, Miami did the same thing, and I was kinda hoping with the change at HC and GM that we would have seen at least one win at this point in the season.

Just make haley a OC and lets bring in a REAL coach

Has anyone seen or heard Haley take any "responsibility" or "accountability" for ANYTHING on this team? All I've read or seen from him is blaming the players.

Maybe it's just me, but maybe changing the entire offense, language, etc the week before the season started might have been a little much for the youngest team in the league to expect them to perform at a consistent level.

If the guy would just be a little patient with his players while they learned an entirely new scheme and be accountable for his actions of putting this burden on this young team, I'd feel a little better about his potential as a coach. But the fact that he did this to these players and expects them to perform like they should automatically know his system like the back of their hand, is really irritating and concerning to me.

The Chiefs offense was equally horrible for the first 5 weeks last season, but ended up being at the very least, average by the end of the season. They implemented an entirely new offense over their bye week. It took a little while for the offense to click, but you didn't see this constant beratement from the coaching staff in order for the team to perform at a decent level.

For Albert, Waters, Niswanger, Bowe, Bradley, and Cox, this is their 3rd, maybe even 4th different offense in the last year. (I say 4th because the offense they implemented with Cassel during OTAs and training camp was probably different than the spread they used with Thigpen last year and probably different than offense they used with Croyle. So, Croyle offense '08, Thigpen offense '08, Cassel offense '09 and now Haley's offense of now would be 4 different schemes in the past year.) Anyway, that's half of the starting offense having to go through that kind of transition and is being DEMANDED to perform at a level that just isn't possible. Then, factor in the fact that Cassel is in his first year as THE GUY, the right side of the line is in shambles, there's a new TE each week and no clear cut WR rotation and you see why this offense SHOULDN'T be performing as Haley expects them to.

To rebuild anything you have to start with a solid foundation. It seems the dozers and cement trucks must be on strike. It all starts with the coaching staff getting the heavy equipment on-site. (stupid analogy I know).
    But just the same, the players we have here are not buying into Haleys coaching philosophy. And to completely ignore our OL problems in the draft (Colin Brown?) was disasterous.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Has anyone seen or heard Haley take any "responsibility" or "accountability" for ANYTHING on this team? All I've read or seen from him is blaming the players.

Maybe it's just me, but maybe changing the entire offense, language, etc the week before the season started might have been a little much for the youngest team in the league to expect them to perform at a consistent level.

If the guy would just be a little patient with his players while they learned an entirely new scheme and be accountable for his actions of putting this burden on this young team, I'd feel a little better about his potential as a coach. But the fact that he did this to these players and expects them to perform like they should automatically know his system like the back of their hand, is really irritating and concerning to me.

The Chiefs offense was equally horrible for the first 5 weeks last season, but ended up being at the very least, average by the end of the season. They implemented an entirely new offense over their bye week. It took a little while for the offense to click, but you didn't see this constant beratement from the coaching staff in order for the team to perform at a decent level.

For Albert, Waters, Niswanger, Bowe, Bradley, and Cox, this is their 3rd, maybe even 4th different offense in the last year. (I say 4th because the offense they implemented with Cassel during OTAs and training camp was probably different than the spread they used with Thigpen last year and probably different than offense they used with Croyle. So, Croyle offense '08, Thigpen offense '08, Cassel offense '09 and now Haley's offense of now would be 4 different schemes in the past year.) Anyway, that's half of the starting offense having to go through that kind of transition and is being DEMANDED to perform at a level that just isn't possible. Then, factor in the fact that Cassel is in his first year as THE GUY, the right side of the line is in shambles, there's a new TE each week and no clear cut WR rotation and you see why this offense SHOULDN'T be performing as Haley expects them to.
    Are you a Chiefs fan because the cowgirl fans didn't want to hear your BS anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Are you a Chiefs fan because the cowgirl fans didn't want to hear your BS anymore?

This calling out of someone's beliefs is pathetic. Calling a spade spade is okay, and we are not a good football team we have lost 28 out of 30 games anyone calling them a fan after this stretch is a fan no mater what. this is as bad as it gets folks.

I know everyone is about happy feelings and postive notes but 28 out of 30 losses there isn't much positive spin on that. Deal with the fact that we aren 't good, and deal with the ctitiscism that ensues.

I say just let Haley coach, and get a good OC in here. Nothing wrong with a ballbuster coach. These guys, the few that are still here from the Herm era, were weak and had no work ethic. Bowe is a primary example. And Waters, he's still slacking. Supposed to be the most experienced guy out there, and I don't think he gave a 60% effort. I just don't think Haley is a very good play caller. Kept working the edges where we were getting nothing. Loves the draw, which got nothing. Doesn't seem to be able to find the soft spots. How many screens or play action plays did you see? Not many. Those are designed to keep a defense in check and slow down the pass rush. Make them pay for the blitz. That's the mental side of the OC, and he can't seem to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    I say just let Haley coach, and get a good OC in here. Nothing wrong with a ballbuster coach. These guys, the few that are still here from the Herm era, were weak and had no work ethic. Bowe is a primary example. And Waters, he's still slacking. Supposed to be the most experienced guy out there, and I don't think he gave a 60% effort. I just don't think Haley is a very good play caller. Kept working the edges where we were getting nothing. Loves the draw, which got nothing. Doesn't seem to be able to find the soft spots. How many screens or play action plays did you see? Not many. Those are designed to keep a defense in check and slow down the pass rush. Make them pay for the blitz. That's the mental side of the OC, and he can't seem to do that.
    A good HC will put his personnel in the best positions to allow his team to win. As a first year HC, firing his OC (a damn good one imo) was a detriment to this team...
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast