Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: heres my thoughts or thought on haley

Default heres my thoughts or thought on haley

So, ive been reading and reading and reading everyone being pissed and disappointed and so am I... But I couldnt help remember when Tom Coughlin took over the Giants a few years ago.. Anyone remember that?? The players were pissed and didnt want to play for him because he was an arrogant hard nosed coach.. If I remember, Michael Strahan publicly called him out and the players tried to get him fired or something... I dunno the whole story but my point is Coughlin humbled himself and adapted the way he coached.... One super bowl win later and probably another one this year are the results of him changing his ways as a head coach... Im crossing my fingers that this happens to haley. Just wanna know what you guys think of that?? GO chiefs!!!

I don't know what to think really. Herm was too soft and now Haley is too hard??? I think probably just some culture shock going on here and there probably needs to be some compromise from both Haley and the players. Or, maybe I'm just talkin out of my shorts.

But Tony had been looking to be traded before Pioli or Haley ever got here, and that was more a Piloi thing than Haley's. The head coach doesn't make the trades.

I think Haley has treated some dam good players like crap, including DJ, Bowe, and Jamal Charles. The whole concept of a "doghouse" is quite stupid to me- are they good players? Yes? Then let them play good.

But to fret over Haley not being enamored with Thigpen, Macintosh, Pollard, etc. is a waste of time. They weren't that good. If they had been, maybe we would have been 3-13 last year.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    tony Gonzalez...he used to be our TE
    Not to mention our best players are getting demoted.

I wouldn't be shocked AT ALL to see one, if not ALL of the following players traded by the deadline:

Derrick Johnson (Apparently Haley thinks Demario Williams "gives us the best chance to win." (actual quote from today's press conference)
    Larry Johnson (He'll probably stay cuz no one else will want him)
    Dwayne Bowe (Apparently can't do ANYTHING right, given Haley's reaction to Bowe EVERY SINGLE TIME Bowe comes off the field)
    Jamaal Charles (The most explosive player on our team can't see the field because he's fumbled a couple times. It really is a shame Haley can't boost some of these guys instead of running them into the ground and benching them)
    Tank Tyler (He leads the DL in tkls and tkls for loss, so obviously his demotion is warranted and should be traded IMMEDIATELY)
    Glenn Dorsey (2nd in tkls on the DL and ONLY leads BACKUP DE Gilberry by 3 tkls 15-12, with one less sack Too bad for us his salary is too big to move. But hey, maybe that's why Pioli didn't spend any money this year. It's time to make room for REAL producers like Alex Magee and his 2 tkls.)

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    But Tony had been looking to be traded before Pioli or Haley ever got here, and that was more a Piloi thing than Haley's. The head coach doesn't make the trades.

I think Haley has treated some dam good players like crap, including DJ, Bowe, and Jamal Charles. The whole concept of a "doghouse" is quite stupid to me- are they good players? Yes? Then let them play good.

But to fret over Haley not being enamored with Thigpen, Macintosh, Pollard, etc. is a waste of time. They weren't that good. If they had been, maybe we would have been 3-13 last year.

jb
    Go ahead and exaggerate. That's how to make a point.

I never said that Haley needed to be "enamored" with any of those guys. But every one of them is a better player to have on your roster than someone in their place.

By the way, how was the tackling of Mike Brown this week? How about Jared Page?

Good thing Pollard wasn't around then. He made 8 tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Go ahead and exaggerate. That's how to make a point.

I never said that Haley needed to be "enamored" with any of those guys. But every one of them is a better player to have on your roster than someone in their place.

By the way, how was the tackling of Mike Brown this week? How about Jared Page?

Good thing Pollard wasn't around then. He made 8 tackles.
    I don't get you "love affair" with Bernard Pollard. He made all the same mistakes last year.. He was NOT good in coverage.
    I did like his passion and mentality though. But I would hardly call losing him a fatal mistake..

I'll give Haley time before I call for his head on the chopping block, but until we win a few games I'm going to think he sucks. I was satisfied with the playcalling Sunday, aside from giving the ball to LJ so much for 0-2 yards instead of Charles and Battle.

I also think he overthinks things too much. Why so many trick plays early on? I'd rather run a deep pass play than a stupid end around or something.
    Last edited by yashi; 10-13-2009 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    I don't get you "love affair" with Bernard Pollard. He made all the same mistakes last year.. He was NOT good in coverage.
    I did like his passion and mentality though. But I would hardly call losing him a fatal mistake..
    Rather you want to call it a fatal mistake, or even just an obvious mistake, it is still a mistake to cut the young player in favor of a guy who may very well be done after one season, and zilch to back him up.

It's the same with Damien Macintosh. You don't get rid of a player, unless you have someone at least as valuable to take their place. Or even some form of compensation.

Also, is it a "love affair" every time someone thinks that a player has some skill, or just when you disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    ^This^

Coughlin has PROVEN he is capable and that his methods in fact, DO work. Haley has proven jack other than when something goes wrong, its never his fault and lets the player and the public know it all at the same time.
    I think we all need to take it easy on Haley. It's the perfect fit for him. He is young & we are rebuilding. He has made some mistakes, but don't rookies as well? He'll find his way & I think next year we "will" be a much better team! You can see it now. We have put in some soild players, we just need to beef-up the O-Line & do some others tweaks & we could be 8-8 next year.
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMASS View Post
    I think we all need to take it easy on Haley. It's the perfect fit for him. He is young & we are rebuilding. He has made some mistakes, but don't rookies as well? He'll find his way & I think next year we "will" be a much better team! You can see it now. We have put in some soild players, we just need to beef-up the O-Line & do some others tweaks & we could be 8-8 next year.
    I agree not to mention next year we dont have to play the NFC east. Thats tough for any coach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12