Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hailey and pioli deserve no time??????????

Default Hailey and pioli deserve no time??????????

Ok far to many people are jumping on Todd Hailey and Scott Pioli for the current chiefs problems. ITS BEEN 5 games. Its far to early to say that they have the team that they truely want in KC. Did i miss the part were the chiefs could go to everyteam say what players they want and could just take no. No becuse that never happend. One offseason is not enough time to truely build a team. I am sorry thats just what i think. This team was not going to magicly be a superbowl contender due to Herm and Carl leaveing. Its going to take at least this season and the next offseason for the big improvemnet. This is a young team that needs to learn how to win. That takes time.

Herm Edwards was given 3 freaking years to build a team and win games. HE FAILED! That is not Pioli or haileys fault. Belive me I would love if herm turned out to be the best coach the chiefs have ever had. That would mean the Chiefs would not be in the current spot they are in. IMO its still far to early to judge the new managment. I am not saying that they should be given 3 years If there is not a big improvement after next season then its time for one or the other to be let go. And i will say that then. But for now i am still hopeful that this is the start of a good managment group in KC. The two deserve time to be given a chance. I for one am willing to give that to them. Talk to me after next season then you can realy judge.

We are not that far off from being a competitive team. We need to get the OL straightened out. And another CB besides Flowers who can cover. It's not happening this year, and that's for sure. At least we aren't horrible and we have young talent to build off of. I am going to be patient and see what Pioli has to offer us.

I'm on the same page as both of you and am willing to give the new management its due time.

You speak the truth!! And actually we got a late start in the whole process with waiting for the Super Bowl to be over to name our coach (which we had to). This is re-building at its finest. I believe that if we had a decent O-Line the majority of the plays Haley calls would work. Unfortunately the line cant block, and LJ doesnt have the speed to get outside. I think next season we will see some big improvements, not playoffs, but prob closer to .500 The following year hopefully is when we explode. This takes time!!!

Haley 0-5 (this year)
    Edwards 1-4 (last year)

Roughly the same talent, I would argue more talent.

Haley should be judged for coaching and Pioli for player acquisition. I'm really not sure why anyone is giving Haley so much slack. I'm not saying going after Pioli ... he has 3 or 4 years to show what he can do with the talent level we have.

Haley deserves no slack because a big part of the reason we are where we are is due to him. It is the way he is coaching this team. It is the play calling he is doing on the field.

He was the one that decided to let Chan Gailey go and take over the entire team and all offensive play calling. Well, look where that has gotten us.

I am willing to give him the season, but he has to take credit for his failures.

I tell you this: If I went to my boss, and told my boss, hey I can run this company. He says alright, you go ahead and run it.

I then go in and fire the CFO and say I can be both CEO and CFO. THen within 5 months I nearly bankrupt the company? Face it, I was hired to perform, I might not have the best people around me, but I have to be making moves to make those people better or get better people around me.

In the end, if I cannot hack it, why do I deserve to be given more time to run the company in the ground?

I give him the season, if he does not have more then two wins, then he should be fired as it was his decisions that got us here. we have 11 games to go, so he better get busy.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

The Broncos tell it all even though Im not sold on them at all. But still they are managing to win with really not that great of players. That first game was complete luck and built so much confidence but once they lose their first game it will snowball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Haley deserves no slack because a big part of the reason we are where we are is due to him. It is the way he is coaching this team. It is the play calling he is doing on the field.

He was the one that decided to let Chan Gailey go and take over the entire team and all offensive play calling. Well, look where that has gotten us.

I am willing to give him the season, but he has to take credit for his failures.

I tell you this: If I went to my boss, and told my boss, hey I can run this company. He says alright, you go ahead and run it.

I then go in and fire the CFO and say I can be both CEO and CFO. THen within 5 months I nearly bankrupt the company? Face it, I was hired to perform, I might not have the best people around me, but I have to be making moves to make those people better or get better people around me.

In the end, if I cannot hack it, why do I deserve to be given more time to run the company in the ground?

I give him the season, if he does not have more then two wins, then he should be fired as it was his decisions that got us here. we have 11 games to go, so he better get busy.
    If you listin to hailey he will tell you hes made mistakes. He is a rookie head coach so of course he will make mistakes. the chiefs were 1-4 last year at this time but the chiefs have not played denver yet. They have a tougher secdule at the beging then they did a year ago. You cant just say that becuse they won once by now a year ago they were better off. Most of the players in KC were not the choice of todd hailey or scott pioli. Thats a fact. Its far to early to judge IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    If you listin to hailey he will tell you hes made mistakes. He is a rookie head coach so of course he will make mistakes. the chiefs were 1-4 last year at this time but the chiefs have not played denver yet. They have a tougher secdule at the beging then they did a year ago. You cant just say that becuse they won once by now a year ago they were better off. Most of the players in KC were not the choice of todd hailey or scott pioli. Thats a fact. Its far to early to judge IMO.
    Well should we maybe talk about the players Pioli/Haley DID select. The draft, for instance.
    Jackson ?
    Cassell ?
    Vrabel
    Magee ?
    Washington ?
    Colin Brown ?
    Lawrence ?
    J. Williams ?
    O'Connell ?
    Succup

And later aquisitions...

Mike Brown ?
    Ndukwe ?
    Alleman ?
    Copper ?
    Engram ?
    Goff ?
    Mays
    O'Callaghan ?
    Pope ?
    Ryan ?
    Wade

Lot of question marks based on performances thus far imo..
    SHUT IT

I will give them a year to improve, maybe more. This team was in shambles the way herm left it.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast