Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: KC Star : Haley wants to talk about Demorrio Williams, not Derrick Johnson

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,079
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 27

    Default KC Star : Haley wants to talk about Demorrio Williams, not Derrick Johnson


    0 Not allowed!
    Chiefs coach Todd Haley bristled a bit Monday when a reporter asked about the status of linebacker Derrick Johnson during a press conference. Haley chose to talk about Demorrio Williams instead. Haley: "We'll play the guys who give us the best chance to win, period."

    More...

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    3,814
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I don't remember seeing Demorrio Williams make any tackles against the Cowboys. I think Haley might have gone mad with power.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    3,993
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Chiefs coach Todd Haley bristled a bit Monday when a reporter asked about the status of linebacker Derrick Johnson during a press conference. Haley chose to talk about Demorrio Williams instead. Haley: "We'll play the guys who give us the best chance to win, period."

    More...
    When is he gonna start this plan? At 0-5, it doesn't seem to be workin' too well...
    SHUT IT

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    648
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    i'm really getting upset with not seeing derrick back there. The guy is a play maker.. He played one game and had as many tackles as demario in a game yet had a pick aswell.

    Dj > DW

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,582
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I don't remember seeing Demorrio Williams make any tackles against the Cowboys. I think Haley might have gone mad with power.

    Demorrio Williams had 5 tackles last Sunday.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas city, MO
    Posts
    2,242
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Through the years playing many sports, there were some players that didm't practice well, and were beasts come game time. Could this be the issue with DJ?

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    400
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Demorrio had 5 tackles and 2 assists.
    Mays had 5 tackles and 4 assists.

    I think everyone has been waiting for DJ to have that breakout year for a long time, but so far he hasn't provided one.
    Haley said everyone would start on equal terms irregardless of draft status. (Well most anyway :))
    Demorrio has been playing solid so far, alot better than he did last year.
    Mays is making plays in the run defence and pass rush almost every game.
    I don't think it would be fair to play a dinged up DJ who hasn't showed much consistency over those two, when they are playing rather well..

    But thats just my POV.. DJ has been my favourite player on the chiefs D for years, but lately im just not feeling like he is trying hard enough..

  8. #8
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    i'm really getting upset with not seeing derrick back there. The guy is a play maker.. He played one game and had as many tackles as demario in a game yet had a pick aswell.

    Dj > DW
    While I agree that DJ should be on the field, the most tackles that he has had in a game this season is 3.

    Derrick Johnson: Game Logs

    While Williams has had games with 10, 9, 8 and 7 tackles, so far.

    Demorrio Williams: Game Logs

    Williams has played well. But Johnson hasn't gotten to play.

    It's possible that DJ has been unable to give maximum effort to a coach who despised him from day one. I expect to be seeing him leave soon.

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    While I agree that DJ should be on the field, the most tackles that he has had in a game this season is 3.

    Derrick Johnson: Game Logs

    While Williams has had games with 10, 9, 8 and 7 tackles, so far.

    Demorrio Williams: Game Logs

    Williams has played well. But Johnson hasn't gotten to play.

    It's possible that DJ has been unable to give maximum effort to a coach who despised him from day one. I expect to be seeing him leave soon.
    Dont forget his 70 yard int against the Raitards!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Dont forget his 70 yard int against the Raitards!!
    Agreed. He has impressed, when we have seen him.

    And, while Williams is playing at a high level, there are three other LB positions that one could also consider DJ for playing time.

    I have no doubt, whatsoever, that he would perform better than Hali.

    I always thought he should be playing OLB anyway.

Similar Threads

  1. Chiefs Target: LB Demorrio Williams (Atlanta)
    By YZILLA in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 06:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •