Thread: An offensive line idea

Default An offensive line idea

LT - Wade Smith
    LG - Branden Albert
    C - Brian Waters
    RG - Andy Alleman/Ike Ndukwe
    RT - Ryan O'Callaghan

Reason:

Wade Smith played well aside from the sack he gave up to Ware. He did keep Ware in front of him and Cassel seemed to have a lot more time to throw after Albert was injured. Alleman seemed to do alright also.

Waters is obviously not the LG he once was but would help stuff the A-gap penetration that's been getting through a lot at C.

Niswanger sucks.

Goff sucks.

Albert gets to play his college position and where he was projected to be a pro bowler at the NFL level.

O'Callaghan has been alright. No better options.

Cassel holds onto the ball longer than he should so I think he'll always be sacked alot, but he certainly seems to be able to make nice throws when he has some time. Playing around with the OL might be a good idea since these guys have been with the team and know the offense, whereas someone we sign off the street wouldn't.

Brian Waters needs to go. He is becoming like LJ, I don't see any effort and he has gotten the most false start pentlies this year.

Plus he is not a Center, I heard Goff played Center, maybe he would do better there.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Brian Waters needs to go. He is becoming like LJ, I don't see any effort and he has gotten the most false start pentlies this year.

Plus he is not a Center, I heard Goff played Center, maybe he would do better there.
    Waters was originally brought in to be Tim Grunhard's replacement at center until we signed Wiegmann back in the day. All of his experience prior to playing for KC was at center if I'm not mistaken.

We can't just cut ties with a guy who was a Pro Bowler just last season. The roster is already lacking talent enough as it is.

LT - Wade Smith
    LG - Brian Waters
    C - Goff
    RG - Branden Albert
    RT - Ryan O'Callaghan

Walters has defently been a disapointment with his play. Maybe this move will help any thing would be good to try.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Waters was originally brought in to be Tim Grunhard's replacement at center until we signed Wiegmann back in the day. All of his experience prior to playing for KC was at center if I'm not mistaken.

We can't just cut ties with a guy who was a Pro Bowler just last season. The roster is already lacking talent enough as it is.
    I ain't saying cut him, we should get something in return for him.

also owns limited NFL experience at center Brian Waters, #54, Guard, Kansas City Chiefs
    Guess your right on that...but it does say limited, and I think Goff has more experience.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Wade Smith did a good job, but let us not forget the cowgirls were in a prevent defense and only rushing three.

I think Smith did ok at LT but he's a true guard. He's going to get destroyed at LT the rest of the season. Albert hasn't been as bad as everyone here seems to think. The DEs that he's been going against for the first 5 weeks have been perennial Pro Bowlers.

Terrell Suggs
    Richard Seymour
    Justin Tuck/Mathias Kiwanuka/Osi Umenyora
    Demarcu Ware

Also, like I've pointed out before, he has lost a ton of weight and is learning his 4th offense in the past year. I'm not sure what y'all expect from a 2nd year player playing one of the toughest positions in football under those kinds of conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think Smith did ok at LT but he's a true guard. He's going to get destroyed at LT the rest of the season. Albert hasn't been as bad as everyone here seems to think. The DEs that he's been going against for the first 5 weeks have been perennial Pro Bowlers.

Terrell Suggs
    Richard Seymour
    Justin Tuck/Mathias Kiwanuka/Osi Umenyora
    Demarcu Ware

Also, like I've pointed out before, he has lost a ton of weight and is learning his 4th offense in the past year. I'm not sure what y'all expect from a 2nd year player playing one of the toughest positions in football under those kinds of conditions.
    Yeah don't get me wrong, I don't consider Albert at LT the worst thing in the world. The main problem right now to me is the interior offensive line not giving Cassel room to step up in the pocket and deliver. It makes it impossible on the Tackles if forcing the pass rusher to take a long outside path isn't good enough to prevent a sack. I think Alleman's replacing Goff was more of a factor than Smith with Albert.

i agree 100% with TexasChief...

This offense is entirely new to everybody, and Albert was kind of labeled a project LT before the draft, he had the potential to be great, not right out of the gate because its a new position for him...if you give him a couple consecutive years with the same offense, he will look entirely different...

my main question is can he stay healthy for consecutive seasons....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast