Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dorsey on the trading block?

Default Dorsey on the trading block?

I was watching total access and they are saying Dorsey and DJ are both on the trading block if offers come in good enough for them.

WOW

I actually am really impressed with dorsey this year and think that would be a huge mistake.

*edit i didn't read the trade deadline thread* FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by kcmostwanted View Post
    Suh is a heck of a player... but we would need to get a top 3 pick to get the guy (Not much of a stretch if you're the chiefs). If a team such as Tampa is in front of us in the 2010 Draft then Suh is gone.

-And yes, like others have said...SUH can play 3-4 DE... his physical measures are very similar to Tyson Jackson..
    6' 4" ~ 300 lbs

I really like Dorsey but he doesn't fit as a 3-4 DE... If they can get a 1st for him they should trade him, if not then I feel really bad for him because they're wasting his talent (while getting a pretty paycheck).
    Dorsey is playing above average at the 3-4 DE position. I'd much rather address a position that isn't even CLOSE to average before thinking we need to replace Dorsey with another DT. Now, if you want to talk about replacing Tyson Jackson, I might listen.

Lol TC get a grip already.. It has been 5 games.. 5!!
    Sure he hasn't showed anything yet, but give him a chance..

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    Lol TC get a grip already.. It has been 5 games.. 5!!
    Sure he hasn't showed anything yet, but give him a chance..
    I didn't realize expecting more than 3 tackles in 5 games was too much to ask for from the #3 pick overall. The pressure on Jackson at this point in the season isn't even CLOSE to the pressure that was put on Dorsey last year.

I have no delusions about Jackson making the Pro Bowl. But when the pick was such an obvious reach compounded by the horrible O-line play and the breakout player that is Aaron Curry, 2 solo tackles and 2 assts in 5 games becomes magnified.

If you DON'T view Jackson as a disappointment at this point in the season, you're kidding yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I didn't realize expecting more than 3 tackles in 5 games was too much to ask for from the #3 pick overall. The pressure on Jackson at this point in the season isn't even CLOSE to the pressure that was put on Dorsey last year.

I have no delusions about Jackson making the Pro Bowl. But when the pick was such an obvious reach compounded by the horrible O-line play and the breakout player that is Aaron Curry, 2 solo tackles and 2 assts in 5 games becomes magnified.

If you DON'T view Jackson as a disappointment at this point in the season, you're kidding yourself.
    He is a disappointment for sure, but like all defensive linemen I'll wait to evaluate him much until next season. That's what I was telling people to do with Dorsey and many were labeling him a bust of gigantic proportions too soon. It turns out he's doing pretty well now.

Seeing Aaron Curry be a complete stud does make me cry a little bit. Everyone was saying he couldn't rush the passer, yet he would be tied with Hali and Gilberry for the most sacks on our team right now with his current stats.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    He is a disappointment for sure, but like all defensive linemen I'll wait to evaluate him much until next season. That's what I was telling people to do with Dorsey and many were labeling him a bust of gigantic proportions too soon. It turns out he's doing pretty well now.

Seeing Aaron Curry be a complete stud does make me cry a little bit. Everyone was saying he couldn't rush the passer, yet he would be tied with Hali and Gilberry for the most sacks on our team right now with his current stats.
    The problem I have is that our #3 pick isn't showing any contribution to this team THIS SEASON when we DESPERATELY needed them to. I realize defensive linemen take time to develop. But there are other positions this team needed to address before wasting a pick on a player who's going to take a few years to develop just to become serviceable. TJ was brought in because "we had NOBODY who could play 3-4 DE," and he's currently being outplayed by two players who were already here.

THAT'S A HUGE blunder when you look at the performances by some of the other positions on this team that could've been addressed with that pick.

Quote Originally Posted by fairladyZ View Post
    I was watching total access and they are saying Dorsey and DJ are both on the trading block if offers come in good enough for them.

WOW

I actually am really impressed with dorsey this year and think that would be a huge mistake.

*edit i didn't read the trade deadline thread* FAIL
    Heard possible trade to SD but that can't be right??? Poli wouldn't trade Dorsey to an AFC West team would he??

Quote Originally Posted by KCSDFAN View Post
    Heard possible trade to SD but that can't be right??? Poli wouldn't trade Dorsey to an AFC West team would he??
    No- the ESPN report said that SD is in need of a 3-4 NT guy, but that Pioli wasn't likely to make a trade in the division.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I am talking about players like Leggit, and Washington, and Niswanger, and Larry Johnson, Ron Edwards.

I haven't seen much of Dorsey in the pass rush. I can't say I am suprised to see him on the block. I do think he is supporting the run quite well tho.
    Oh, those guys.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

I did not read eveyones comments. Saying that? I say we go back to the 4-3 def! Dorsey Hali etc, would be better in that position. Yes, Hali was being built up to be the 2nd coming of DT. DJ is on the block atm. He has proven that he can be a kick *** OLB (maybe mlb). We have more lineman that can (somewhat) get the job done and less lb's!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

If the rest of the defense was kicking butt and taking names I'd say that Jackson needs to shape up with some leeway because he's still in his first year, but the fact is this defense gives up just as many yards if not MORE than last years!

Everyone was calling for Dorsey's head on a platter last year and now he's doing great and we should keep him. We've got so many other big things to take care of than a rookie defensive lineman's play right now. With that said...what position will we be drafting with our first round pick in 2010? My hope is a o-line (T) but I'm afraid we'll go NT or a safety to replace Brown(which wouldn't break my heart!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast