Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2-point conversion for the win...

Default 2-point conversion for the win...

Why not?
    If nothing else, Haley would had conveyed a message to his team that he has confidence in them. That they have what it takes to go 2 yards. That they have what it takes to WIN.
    If they don't get in, well its another loss. But the message is still conveyed to the players..
    But if they do get in, its a WIN. AT HOME.
    I'm not sure I understand this decision. Thoughts?
    SHUT IT

Because if he had gone for 2 and not made it and lost people would have been in here calling for his head saying it was the dumbest thing they had seen after they just marched down the field and scored did he not have enough confidence in his team to do it again?

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Because if he had gone for 2 and not made it and lost people would have been in here calling for his head saying it was the dumbest thing they had seen after they just marched down the field and scored did he not have enough confidence in his team to do it again?
    I really doubt at 0-4 that we would be after Haleys head for going for the win. But I could be wwwwwrong...
    SHUT IT

I thought we should do it. Nothing to lose. Matt Cassel led an awesome drive, and the play calling was spectacular on that drive. Of course in OT the play calling went back to the normal and thats what I was afriad of. We had momentum.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quoted for truth.

I agree. When you are 2-28 what the heck do you have to lose?

Did you watch that game? what on earth made you think we could march down the field and score?

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    Did you watch that game? what on earth made you think we could march down the field and score?

Did you watch that game? What did we do in the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter? We ran a no-huddle attack that worked, and got us in the end zone.

Certainly that could work again to get us into field goal range.

And it would have in OT, if Haley hadn't decided that running LJ off tackle was the way to go. We had to travel probably 25 yards, from our own 49, and he calls the number for the guy averaging less than 2 yards per carry....

So yeah, we COULD have marched down the field again, with decent play calls.

If it would not be the people here it would be all the talking heads on the media.

Shoulda went for 2. I thought for sure Haley would go for it.

I was yelling at the TV after they scored the TD, gotta go for the win right now.

I would not have been bashing had they failed. Herm was a dumba$$, but the one call he made I never had a problem with, was the choice to go for 2 against SD last year.
    Chiefs in 2011

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast