Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I studied film today.

Default I studied film today.

On the NFL replay. I will break it down for you.

QB: Afraid to throw a pick, and afriad to just get rid of the ball..he ends up taking the sack instead. Of course you know this. Think Cassel must have had the hard count going on well that drive when Dallas jumped off sides like a million times in a row.

OL: Obviously you all know they are just getting blown up. But from what I see, they are standing straight up. If they could stay low like they should be doing, I would think they could give Cassel another 4 seconds or so. Needless to say I think this is part of a coaching problem.

WR: Did pretty good, a few drops that should have been catches, but thanks to Dallas drawing a personal foul we gained more. There was that BS OPI on Bowe which I think shouldn't have been flagged for, cause it was a screen pass.

RB: I realize there is no help by the OL but this LJ dilemma is pissing me off. I think part of being a great back, or any football player is the ability to adjust. On 2 straight plays LJ adjusted and got some big runs. I still don't understand why Haley loves him so much.

DL: Getting pressure as you know but the pressure comes to late, and by the time they break throw they are taking bad pursuits on the QB.

LB: Not really much to say other than on those few 3 or 4 plays where Dallas got a huge run, but I looked back and on most of the big runs there was quite a bit of holding going on.

DB's: Terrible tackling, terrible pursuit, terrible coverage, terrible EVERYTHING. My question is why was Flowers out so much? Obviosuly you need not me to tell you how bad they were.

Now if only Coach Haley would see this. I am not so sure Haley is seeing the problems.

I tell you tho, one thing that really bugged me was the Fumble at the beginning, and why the refs had to challenge EVERY single catch on the last drive! I think it was obvious they were catches.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Except of course on field goal attempts, then I think maybe it is a good idea to stand up, so the defender does not jump over your back and block the kick... Where did I see that again?..,.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Except of course on field goal attempts, then I think maybe it is a good idea to stand up, so the defender does not jump over your back and block the kick... Where did I see that again?..,.
    Thats another thing that I don't understand and I am pissed about. I thought you couldn't touch the snapper...either way he should of had his head up. Kendal Gammon would have never allowed that to happen.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

You aren't allowed to touch the snapper no.. "All" he had to do was standup and let him touch him.
    It just sad that it's plays like these that costs us games.
    I get why Haley is so focused on the details in his coaching..

This is one of the funniest posts I've ever read on any message board. Once I saw the title, "I watched film today" I just knew hilarity would ensue, but little did I know it would follow with:

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    On the NFL replay.
    You watched film on NFL Replay? You watched a rebroadcast of the game, not "film." I hope you don't think that the tape the players and coaches watch is the actual game broadcast. Regardless, the line "I watched film today...on the NFL Replay" is priceless.

As if that wasn't humorous enough, it only got better with:

I will break it down for you.
    Yes please, break it down for all of us using that fantastic knowledge you gained watching the "film" on NFL Network.

QB: Afraid to throw a pick, and afriad to just get rid of the ball..he ends up taking the sack instead. Of course you know this....

OL: Obviously you all know they are just getting blown up.
    What else are you going to tell us that we already know? Sugar is sweet? Water is wet? The Chiefs wear red?

But from what I see, they are standing straight up. If they could stay low like they should be doing, I would think they could give Cassel another 4 seconds or so. Needless to say I think this is part of a coaching problem.
    Forget the fact that 3 seconds is what most teams hope for, but you've figured it all out with your "film" breakdown. Who would have thought that it was as simple as getting low and the quarterback would get, not 4 seconds mind you, but another 4 seconds to throw. I assume this is on top of the 1-2 seconds Cassel might already be getting. So that's about 5-6 seconds of pass protection merely be getting lower. Of course this is most definitely a coaching problem as you point out. It's amazing really that the professional coaches getting paid to do the work haven't figured this out yet despite all the practices, games, film, studying of fundamentals, and years of professional experience, but somehow you have figured it out by watching "film" on NFL Replay.

DL: Getting pressure as you know but the pressure comes to late, and by the time they break throw they are taking bad pursuits on the QB.
    Please expand on this. How are they taking bad pursuits to the QB? What should they be doing? After all you watched the film so you should be able to tell us.

Now if only Coach Haley would see this. I am not so sure Haley is seeing the problems.
    Nah, he doesn't see any of these problems. He's just a head coach in the NFL so he knows nothing about football or not nearly as much as you do. It's almost unfair to expect him to know as much as you do since you watched the film on NFL Network. Many providers still don't have the NFL Network so it's possible that coach Haley hasn't seen it.

Wow, all kidding aside I think I may print this post and put it up in my office so I can read it any time I need a laugh. It's truly a masterpiece of arm-chair or keyboard quarterbacking.

Quote Originally Posted by isht_starter View Post
    This is one of the funniest posts I've ever read on any message board. Once I saw the title, "I watched film today" I just knew hilarity would ensue, but little did I know it would follow with:

You watched film on NFL Replay? You watched a rebroadcast of the game, not "film." I hope you don't think that the tape the players and coaches watch is the actual game broadcast. Regardless, the line "I watched film today...on the NFL Replay" is priceless.

Yes please, break it down for all of us using that fantastic knowledge you gained watching the "film" on NFL Network.

What else are you going to tell us that we already know? Sugar is sweet? Water is wet? The Chiefs wear red?

Forget the fact that 3 seconds is what most teams hope for, but you've figured it all out with your "film" breakdown. Who would have thought that it was as simple as getting low and the quarterback would get, not 4 seconds mind you, but another 4 seconds to throw. I assume this is on top of the 1-2 seconds Cassel might already be getting. So that's about 5-6 seconds of pass protection merely be getting lower. Of course this is most definitely a coaching problem as you point out. It's amazing really that the professional coaches getting paid to do the work haven't figured this out yet despite all the practices, games, film, studying of fundamentals, and years of professional experience, but somehow you have figured it out by watching "film" on NFL Replay.

Please expand on this. How are they taking bad pursuits to the QB? What should they be doing? After all you watched the film so you should be able to tell us.

Nah, he doesn't see any of these problems. He's just a head coach in the NFL so he knows nothing about football or not nearly as much as you do. It's almost unfair to expect him to know as much as you do since you watched the film on NFL Network. Many providers still don't have the NFL Network so it's possible that coach Haley hasn't seen it.

Wow, all kidding aside I think I may print this post and put it up in my office so I can read it any time I need a laugh. It's truly a masterpiece of arm-chair or keyboard quarterbacking.
    No need to be a dick to me or anyone else around here. I have DVR now and I was able to tape it and slow it down. I don't really care what you think, it seems everybody else agree with what I was saying.

I rewatch games sometimes too and see things that I think could be done different with better results. But then I have to slap myself and realize that I'm not one of 32 NFL head coaches in the world, so there's more than likely a reason for everything these guys do.... usually.

Bill Simmons had an interesting suggestion on his podcast the other day though. So many coaches are terrible at clock management, so they should each hire some kid who plays Madden 20 hours a day to stand next to them on the sideline for clock management advice since they've seen every possible scenario. Some kid covered in zits can tug on Rex Ryan's shirt, "call a timeout!". Brilliant.

If only we had a Madden genius helping Herm out.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Flowers was thrown at maybe 2 times the entire game. They were really picking on Carr/Leggett/Washington. I really wish we could clone Flowers a couple times. I'm surprised we don't keep safeties shadowing the other receivers. I'm confident enough in Flowers to be able to shut down most receivers himself.
    We are severly lacking at the safety position. Page and Brown ain't gonna cut it imo. 2nd most needed position after ol...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    We are severly lacking at the safety position. Page and Brown ain't gonna cut it imo. 2nd most needed position after ol...
    It doesn't help that Brown is constantly blitzing. You can't really help out in coverage with a 320 lb Guard tossing you around.

Still though, Mays/Berry 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    It doesn't help that Brown is constantly blitzing. You can't really help out in coverage with a 320 lb Guard tossing you around.

Still though, Mays/Berry 2010.
    Yep. I'm thinking Mays the stronger of the two. Grab him.
    SHUT IT

I guess I wasn't the only one that thought this thread was funny too.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast