Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiefs interested in Josh Cribbs

Default Chiefs interested in Josh Cribbs

Dolphins might enter sweepstakes for Pro Bowl return man Josh Cribbs, but a line is forming | Miami Dolphins news, training updates, injury reports, trades & more – The Daily Dolphin blog

With Tuesday’s trade deadline looming, the Dolphins might make a bold and out-of-character move to make a play for Browns’ return man Joshua Cribbs.

Unhappy with his contract and stuck on the 1-4 Browns, an NFL source with knowledge of the situation said Cribbs has asked to be traded.

Kansas City and Oakland have inquired about Cribbs’ availability, while Miami and Indianapolis also have been rumored as possible trading partners, according to the source.
    Cleveland's Josh Cribbs would be a game-changer. (AP photos)

Cleveland's Josh Cribbs would be a game-changing addition for Miami. (AP photos)
    Cribbs, who has three years remaining on a six-year, $6.7 million contract he signed in 2006, might be the NFL’s top return man.

He averages 16.3 yards on 16 punt returns, including a 67-yard touchdown. Cribbs averages 26.3 yards on kickoffs this season, but led the league with an average of 30.7 yards in 2007.

Cribbs leads the league with 877 kick-return yards and 260 punt-return yards.

He has five touchdowns on kickoff returns in five seasons. He has seven total TDs on returns.

Cribbs also averages 9.3 yards on nine carries and can play out of the Wildcat formation.

Last Thursday, coach Tony Sparano said a player with special abilities as a returner would interest him, even if the player didn’t have a big role anywhere else.

“I would say this, if we had a guy that I felt had that rare ability, I think it is a rare ability I really do like [Dave] Meggett type of ability, those people…. You can bet I would find a place for that guy,” Sparano said. “When you are looking at those type of players, you try to find places for them.”

The 6-foot-1, 215-pound Cribbs would cost the Dolphins a draft pick or two and/or possibly a player with big-play ability, like Ted Ginn Jr., who has been up and down during his three seasons.

Cribbs, 26, also would need a new contract.

Ginn had a 53-yard TD catch Monday night. With Chad Henne at quarterback, he could begin to become the down-field threat Miami envision when it used the No. 9 pick on him in 2007.

With Pat Cobbs out with a knee injury, Ginn will get another crack at returning kickoffs. He hasn’t made the expected impact there, but he’s eager to try.

“I still think I’m one of the greats in the business doing it,” he said this week. “I just haven’t had the opportunity to do it.”

If Cleveland is willing to part with Cribbs, bet the Dolphins to strongly consider it. This is a chance a team on the rise would not want to miss.
    Interesting. Having Cribbs means return game = solved. But how much do you give up for a guy like that?

didnt the steeler s get em?

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    didnt the steeler s get em?
    Not that I know of. Mangini said today he aint trading him...
    SHUT IT

id take em~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12