View Poll Results: How much for Dorsey?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2010 1st Rounder

9 47.37%
  • 2011 1st Rounder

1 5.26%
  • Package of Picks (e.g 2010 3rd + 2011 3rd)

4 21.05%
  • Average O-Lineman / D-Lineman

1 5.26%
  • No way unless you give us the farm

4 21.05%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade for Dorsey - What would it take?

Default Trade for Dorsey - What would it take?

Atlanta Falcons fan in peace here.

Heard about the possibility of trading Dorsey from NFL Network.

As you may or may not know, we were considering Dorsey over Matt Ryan in the 2008 draft so it is clear that our front office thinks highly of him. Plus with our 09 1st rounder Peria Jerry out for the year we need DT help.

Saw some of the game last weekend and Dorsey seemed to be playing ok but is a 3-4 is the best use of his talents? (I thought he was more of a 1-gap penetrator which would be good for our scheme?)

My question is what would it take to trade Dorsey? I know you guys are looking for O-Line help but all we can really offer in that dept is Brett Romberg (decent experienced backup centre).
    We could also offer Jamaal Anderson - poor 4-3 DE but played well at 4-3 DT and has the measurables to be a success at 3-4 DE?

What draft pick would it take - you have our 2010 second - would it be non-negotiable on a 2010 1st, would a 2011 1st be ok, or a package of lower round picks?

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    You guys are all crazy... The best players on this team with the exceptions of veteran leaders brought in are Flowers, Hali, Dorsey and DJ. We are never going to get anywhere if we keep trading players away that Don't fit for draft picks. I'm sick of going young and we are young. This team needs to built around what it has and stop resetting every off season.
    You wouldnt trade one player for an offensive line?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Lets put it this way. There is never going to be an offer that will make up for the loss of Dorsey. I wouldn't trade him for a top 5 draft pick. Hes just starting to develop. We don't have time to go back to basics and develop more first rounders. When we picked him he was considered the best player in the draft and the chiefs got him at number 5. He had a slow season last year, but he looks good this year. Build around a defense. Almost all teams that dominate for a decade are built around a defense. The last thing this team should be concerned with is filling in temporary positions. Well, maybe not the last thing, but you should get my point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12