Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kolby Smith !

Default Kolby Smith !

I for one hope he comes back and runs like a beast and puts LJ on the Bench ! I have met this guy and have a football and an autographed picture of this guy ! he was extremely nice to my son and I and He wants to win ! I am really rooting for him to do well , Ok Ive said it ! let the bashing begin ! But I like this kid and he plays hard and runs big and hits the holes like LJ of Old !

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Kolby Smith and his career 3.4 YPC. Let's not get too excited about him being back just yet.

3.4 > 2.4, so I'll be more excited about him than I am about LJ starting another week.

Unless LJ is going to shut me up by having an explosive, breakout week.

There won't be a breakout week against Washington. Unless Haynesworth doesn't play

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    There won't be a breakout week against Washington. Unless Haynesworth doesn't play
    Haynesworth is not haveing the same year he did a year ago but is still very good. Thats the big thing that scares me about this game. Him against the o line of the chiefs. If the chiefs can score Touchdowns instead of fieldgoals they will win.

You people are comparing Smith's YPC to LJ's of this year?!?!?! YOU CANT COMPARE!!! The o line this year is WORSE!!!!!!

Smith I was never impressed with. Smith will be garbage behind this o line.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    3.4 > 2.4, so I'll be more excited about him than I am about LJ starting another week.

Unless LJ is going to shut me up by having an explosive, breakout week.
    mmm if we're going by career numbers

Larry 4.4 > Kolby 3.4

or by the season...

Larry 2.4 > Kolby 0

But Larry is looking more and more like a turd so I don't really care who gets the ball on run plays anymore as long as it doesn't involve Cassel scrambling...

I just watched the Josh Looney podcast for tonight, and he talked some about Kolby Smith.
    It sounds like Looney really likes Smith, he says he is looking like and I quote: "A beast!".
    He showed some footage of Smith from last years game against the Raiders. Holy smoke!!

Now I know this o-line is crap.. But when you look at the explosiveness of Smith vs LJ.. It's like night and day!
    LJ looks slow on the first 3-4 yards (in the backfield) where as Smith just explodes of the snap.

Im not praising him as the second comming of LT, but I think he warrants some interrest and an extra look.

My biggest concern is the knee, that was a bad injury, but by all accounts he is in the shape of his life..

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    I just watched the Josh Looney podcast for tonight, and he talked some about Kolby Smith.
    It sounds like Looney really likes Smith, he says he is looking like and I quote: "A beast!".
    He showed some footage of Smith from last years game against the Raiders. Holy smoke!!

Now I know this o-line is crap.. But when you look at the explosiveness of Smith vs LJ.. It's like night and day!
    LJ looks slow on the first 3-4 yards (in the backfield) where as Smith just explodes of the snap.

Im not praising him as the second comming of LT, but I think he warrants some interrest and an extra look.

My biggest concern is the knee, that was a bad injury, but by all accounts he is in the shape of his life..
    It was against a terrible Raiders defense. It didn't really matter who was running the ball, the result would've been the same.

I'd like to see some more action from him before a real opinion can be formed. But with a bad knee injury like that, you're never really the same.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

I can't wait to see him play.

One thing I always noticed about Kolby though was that he's really good at squirting through for an extra yard or two when there's nothing there. That's something LJ hasn't been able to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12