Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preseason woes...

Default Preseason woes...

Again we watched as our strating defence did a stand-up job against a top ranked offence, and again we watched our offence fall apart and look like the exact offence we saw in the play-off game against Indy.

I know pre-season is practice yet it does say alot about the coach and the players as a whole and I am seeing an energized ready to kick you in the face defence, and a squishy we dont know how to catch or block offence.

I know that with the return of LJ hopefully things in the running game will turn around, however he can't do it all alone, and he really needs the offensive line to make some opening for him to run through, instead of forcing him to create his own like most of last year.

Again it seems like they will have to keep Tony G back in to block like last year and waste his true talent due to the tackles being a joke (like last year) if they can't protect Croyle he can't do his job (and I think he is a decent QB)

Well regardless I have and will keep saying until Carl Peterson is out we will not go to the Superbowl his time is over and he needs to leave.

With the offense currently in place, our defense would have been on the field so much that by the time our bye week rolls around there won't be much, if anything, of our defense left. Beaten up and depleted they shall, unfortunately, be.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

the defense looked good? the saints owned our "d'. and their two best wideout werent playing. they stopped them inside the 20, what once,twice, big deal. they let them get there with ease. you cant keep leting teams get there or everybody will score.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

The D showed positive signs, definitly alot of work to do.
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

We looked awful! We cannot justify it. We bit last night. BUT, like I have said countless times to myself and on this forum. This is just preseason and I have hope for the regular season.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

playing for a good draft pick, Need an O line and a real QB HELP ELP we need Help

Quote Originally Posted by sbenson9 View Post
    playing for a good draft pick, Need an O line and a real QB HELP ELP we need Help
    As long as Herm is the HC then we will NEVER draft a offensive lineman. We have a good QB in Croyle. It's only his second year and first one at the helm. Even Peyton had a rough first year as a starter, he was 3-13 his first year. I wanted Damon to start but Brodie will and I will be rooting for him. We all need to give the kid a chance (Now let's not turn this thread into a QB debate like all the others). We never play for a draft pick, the only team that I root for plays for the Vince Trophy. IMO.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    As long as Herm is the HC then we will NEVER draft a offensive lineman. We have a good QB in Croyle. It's only his second year and first one at the helm. Even Peyton had a rough first year as a starter, he was 3-13 his first year. I wanted Damon to start but Brodie will and I will be rooting for him. We all need to give the kid a chance (Now let's not turn this thread into a QB debate like all the others). We never play for a draft pick, the only team that I root for plays for the Vince Trophy. IMO.
    Look what happened to Carr in houston. You could have broadway joe back there and he would stink with no protection. I dont know what the solution is. I dont think croyle is bad and yes he need time to develope but he is going to get his a$$ handed to him with no o line. WE will become 1 demensional with 10-1 running plays which means get priest off of pup because we are going to need them. I hope croyle gets a small taste of sucess and rolls with it. we have been 0-4 in preseason and done well in regular season and I have high hopes but I am nervous for the red and gold this year.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    the defense looked good? the saints owned our "d'. and their two best wideout werent playing. they stopped them inside the 20, what once,twice, big deal. they let them get there with ease. you cant keep leting teams get there or everybody will score.
    What he said. Count the first downs our D is giving up.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

The defense did not play well last night; our offense completely sucked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast