Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Do people still think.........

Default Do people still think.........

the Chiefs will have a top 10 defense? If so, they have a looooong way to go! They are TERRIBLE! My kids team tackles better! Sutain is going to get his *** handed to him on more than 1 occasion this year.

On a positive note, I did think the O line opened up a few holes in the 1st half. If Bennett can run up the gut the way he did, I would assume that LJ will be even better. Protection was ok but still needs a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    It's preseason. I don't even think we are using our playbooks yet. I think the d coordinator just said, "Go out there and play". We will show ourselves in Houston. I know we will come out firing.
    That would be awesome; although I'll temper my enthusiasm until I see it.

Another thought...they're running a cover2...if you are running a cover2 in a vanilla form you lose a lot of your strengths (blitz packages, etc.) I still think a lot of the problem is attitude (which is 80% of defense) Going back to the Miami game, no one wanted to chase Ronnie Brown down and put him on the turf...he bounced off guys and kept going while other guys stood and watched assuming someone else was going to make the tackle. A good defense doesn't always make the first tackle, but when the RB/WR breaks that first tackle they should have 4 guys arriving to pounce on him.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Another thought...they're running a cover2...if you are running a cover2 in a vanilla form you lose a lot of your strengths (blitz packages, etc.) I still think a lot of the problem is attitude (which is 80% of defense) Going back to the Miami game, no one wanted to chase Ronnie Brown down and put him on the turf...he bounced off guys and kept going while other guys stood and watched assuming someone else was going to make the tackle. A good defense doesn't always make the first tackle, but when the RB/WR breaks that first tackle they should have 4 guys arriving to pounce on him.
    exactly, watching our boys just stand there was not very reassuring
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

Where's that peace pipe Chiefster was passing around the other day....?
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Don't the Bears run a cover 2?

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Don't the Bears run a cover 2?

Exactly...and they've given up 19 to Houston, 24 to Cleveland and 28 to San Francisco this preseason...

Quote Originally Posted by swmochiefsfan View Post
    exactly, watching our boys just stand there was not very reassuring
    Yup; if they want to watch the game then buy a ticket and sit in the stands with the rest of the spectators.

Where's that peace pipe Chiefster was passing around the other day....?
    It's here somewhere....Dang! I'll have to get another one! :p

Exactly...and they've given up 19 to Houston, 24 to Cleveland and 28 to San Francisco this preseason...
    Thay have ran it for years and been one of the best in the league for years!

That's my point...they are one of the best in the league, yet their Cover 2 scheme has given up a lot of points in the preseason against some pretty poor competition. That being said, I still expect Chicago to be much better than KC's defense, but KC is better than they've shown in the preseason

It just goes to show,preseason means nothing
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast