Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heres my thoughts or thought on haley

Default heres my thoughts or thought on haley

So, ive been reading and reading and reading everyone being pissed and disappointed and so am I... But I couldnt help remember when Tom Coughlin took over the Giants a few years ago.. Anyone remember that?? The players were pissed and didnt want to play for him because he was an arrogant hard nosed coach.. If I remember, Michael Strahan publicly called him out and the players tried to get him fired or something... I dunno the whole story but my point is Coughlin humbled himself and adapted the way he coached.... One super bowl win later and probably another one this year are the results of him changing his ways as a head coach... Im crossing my fingers that this happens to haley. Just wanna know what you guys think of that?? GO chiefs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    So, ive been reading and reading and reading everyone being pissed and disappointed and so am I... But I couldnt help remember when Tom Coughlin took over the Giants a few years ago.. Anyone remember that?? The players were pissed and didnt want to play for him because he was an arrogant hard nosed coach.. If I remember, Michael Strahan publicly called him out and the players tried to get him fired or something... I dunno the whole story but my point is Coughlin humbled himself and adapted the way he coached.... One super bowl win later and probably another one this year are the results of him changing his ways as a head coach... Im crossing my fingers that this happens to haley. Just wanna know what you guys think of that?? GO chiefs!!!
    I agree 100%.

I think Haley is in the same position that Coughlin found himself in. He may need to swallow his pride and do right by his players.

I think that "guys off the street" remark is gonna haunt him until he does something about it.

Too bad he has already gotten rid of some of the better one's.

Personally I don't think he changed all that much. Maybe a bit here and there but I think he's still the hard *** he's always been.

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Yabut Coughlin had been a HC in college ranks for some 25 years and a nfl hc before coming to ny. And he actually played football in college. So he had the respect of his players going in (jmho)...Whereas Haley has yet to earn that respect from his players. That being said, I hope that Haley does indeed change his philosophy and garner enough respect out of his players to turn this team around. Some talented players would help...
    SHUT IT

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Haily changing/ i hope so but we`ll see.
    Coughlin at least had some talant to work with and a owner willing to spend some money.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I still hate Coughlin. I am all for being a tough coach but these two have taken it to an extreme. Cowher was hard nosed but was not disrespectful and petty. Coughlin I don't know as much about I have seen the petty part but not sure about the disrespect. But Haley has disrespect down pat. You rarely ever earn respect from someone you don't try to respect yourself.

If you work a job that the boss says what we are doing isn't working can we try something else, and helps to change it, works much better then you fn loser get this right or your fired. I personally am far more responsive to someone who asks me to do something and helps me to do it right or at least better then I am someone who tells me I will do something and then uses the my way or the highway approach, all the while telling me what a worthless POS I am.

Cassel needs to call out Haley, or someone like Vrabel or Flowers.

Like I have said before, Haley has potential to be a great head coach..he still hasn't had a full year learning how to be a head coach.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Too bad he has already gotten rid of some of the better one's.

Which "better ones" has Haley gotten rid of?

Thigpen? Pollard?

Macintosh?

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Yabut Coughlin had been a HC in college ranks for some 25 years and a nfl hc before coming to ny. And he actually played football in college. So he had the respect of his players going in (jmho)...Whereas Haley has yet to earn that respect from his players. That being said, I hope that Haley does indeed change his philosophy and garner enough respect out of his players to turn this team around. Some talented players would help...
    ^This^

Coughlin has PROVEN he is capable and that his methods in fact, DO work. Haley has proven jack other than when something goes wrong, its never his fault and lets the player and the public know it all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Which "better ones" has Haley gotten rid of?

Thigpen? Pollard?

Macintosh?
    tony Gonzalez...he used to be our TE
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast