Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Report: Derrick Johnson available for a mid-round pick

Default Report: Derrick Johnson available for a mid-round pick

Derrick Johnson

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson would be available "for a mid-round pick" before Tuesday's trade deadline.

Johnson's best position is strong-side linebacker in a 4-3 system. Teams that would be a good fit include Chicago, St. Louis, Buffalo, Indianapolis and Oakland, but mid-round picks are still difficult for any club to surrender.
    I find it hard to believe that we're giving away a guy who was a 1st round pick a few years ago for a mid-rounder. It's not like he's been a huge bust. He hasn't been as good as we had hoped, but I still feel like he's our most talented ILB. I'd be surprised if some team doesn't jump on this opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I hope we trade DJ. I know we won't get anything more than a fifth round pick. But we aren't playing the guy anyway. Just let his misery end, already.
    Nahhhh..... at least I hope not, if this happens I may lose complete hope in the new regime as many here seem to be close to already.
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

Trade deadline has come and gone with no trade. Bears would have made a lot of sense. I like DJ and wish we could work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Trade deadline has come and gone with no trade. Bears would have made a lot of sense. I like DJ and wish we could work something out.
    I am realy surprised that he was not moved. Maybe hes getting out of Haileys dog house and we will see what he can do. Hopefuly they can work out a deal with him. I would have liked to see them deal him if they didnt think they could resign him.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I think it would be a mistake to give him up for anything less than a 1st rounder. I doubt anybody would be willing to pay that price for him though. He seems to show up big for us when he is on the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I am realy surprised that he was not moved. Maybe hes getting out of Haileys dog house and we will see what he can do. Hopefuly they can work out a deal with him. I would have liked to see them deal him if they didnt think they could resign him.
    Looks like I can wear my jersey for a little longer.

Looks like I can wear my jersey for a little longer.
    Is it a Red one?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Is it a Red one?
    :sign0099: :brutale_smilies010:

:sign0099: :brutale_smilies010:
    Im just askin'!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

My perfect scenario is for DJ to get out of the doghouse, get a few chances to start, string together some huge games, and sign a nice extension.

I agree, DJ has the talent to be great. Seems he can't understand whats exspected of him. At least under the 2010 uncapped restrictions he will be a restricted free agent and we won't get nothing for him.
    I was wondering, Vrabel is still a good player, but has lost a step and is not the pass rusher he once was. What if he moved inside and utilize DJ's speed and quicknes on the outside to get some more sacks. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I agree, DJ has the talent to be great. Seems he can't understand whats exspected of him. At least under the 2010 uncapped restrictions he will be a restricted free agent and we won't get nothing for him.
    I was wondering, Vrabel is still a good player, but has lost a step and is not the pass rusher he once was. What if he moved inside and utilize DJ's speed and quicknes on the outside to get some more sacks. Just a thought.
    Anything is worth a try of course, although DJ is a little undersized for a 3-4 OLB. The only good one I can think of under 255 lbs or so is James Harrison. I don't know if he could take on a tackle 1 on 1. He would definitely be able to help defend those screen passes though that have killed us in some games being out there on the edge.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123