Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Berry And Mays

Hybrid View

Default Berry And Mays

I am more than excited for this years draft for the Chiefs. I know we need OL help but luckily for us this years draft has a lot of prospected OL to go in the 2nd-3rd round. It would be hard for me to see an OL drafted in the first round and pass up Berry and Mays.

Berry and Mays are two once in a decade type safeties with comparisons to Reed, Polamalu, Dawkins...and you see what they did for their defenses. I think either one of them (prefer Berry) would give us that playmaker on defense to build around for the next 10 years. Especially while we get the personnel to fill our 3-4.

I'm also loving Jerry Hughes to give us that 3-4 linebacker. He plays a lot like James Harrison, compact build with an insane bull rush. There are probably 4 more 3-4 outside linebackers that could really put of defense over the top. (IF we have one of those elite safeties of course)

AND this years Wide Receiving group is one of the deepest we will ever see. We should without a doubt be able to grab one of them in the draft that will give us a solid #2 to compliment Bowe and keep Wade as our slot along with Bradley. Golden Tate is who I would like to see in red.

OL...we have to use one of our 2nd round picks on one. No question. And it's really nice that we have 2 second rounders.

What do you guys think, I really believe we need that playmaker on defense and I hesitate to take another Dlineman even though there are some monster DT's that could anchor our 3-4.

First 4 picks, O-line.
    Chiefs in 2011

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Todd quit coming on here trying to drum up support, just draft the damn o-line. Sheesh.

I want and offensive line 4 games ago NOW!

Since we talking about Safteys, I like that guy from Texas, don't ask his name cause I don't know. We could pick him up in the second round with the pick from the ATL TG trade.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Since we talking about Safteys, I like that guy from Texas, don't ask his name cause I don't know. We could pick him up in the second round with the pick from the ATL TG trade.
    Name is Earl Thomas, he's a RS Soph
    Doubt he's coming out though, probably next year, hopefully for Texas fans he will stay for his RS Sr year.
    He is money, only 5-10 but has the best reaction time and ball hawking skills I've seen from a Texas DB ever, that includes guys like Aaron Ross, Michael Grififn, Michael Huff, Nathan Vasher and Quentin Jamer.

oh and pray to god the chiefs don't draft any Texas O-lineman this year, they are soft and not that good, despite good measureables

If we load up on offensive line this offseason where does that get us. We could get 5 pro bowl players on offensive line and still lack in so many areas. That would just be a quick fix to one problem on the team. We don't have Priest Holmes, Tony G who were absolute offensive monsters. We have Bowe and Cassel (whom I think will be a lot like Trent Green, not a bad thing). We don't have a legit #1 running back, even in a backfield by committee. Our Linebackers are sub-par for a 3-4 system. We have 0 pass rushers to be honest. (Unless Haley gets over his grudge against D. Johnson) Tyson Jackson was brought in to anchor the Defensive End spot in the run game, not projected a high amount of sacks over his career. A 4-6 sack year for him will be what he was drafted for. We NEED some pass rushers at our linebacker spots. Tambi Hali is going to fit well as a run stopper, but he's no ball hawk or end rusher. I'm really hoping we copy the Steelers defense while we can in this draft. Stud Safety (Berry) pass rushing linebacker (Hughes). And immediately we have a defense that can impact every game.

Oline, we draft one with our 2nd round picks and use one of our later picks on another.

Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post
    Tambi Hali is going to fit well as a run stopper, but he's no ball hawk or end rusher.
    Ehh what??!

You got that all backwards man, he is a pass rusher, and a work in progress in coverage and run stopping.

I appreciate your trying to make your point, but try sticking with the facts.
    Fact is that Hali was praised by NY and Dallas as a really good pass rusher.
    Fact is that he has been chipped by Backs and TE's every game, and if you watch closely you can see how many penalties opponents should have been called for when they are trying to stop him.

You do make a good point about the safety though, I also think we need a really good one at that position.
    Berry and Mays are very intriguing prospects indeed.

However there is the matter of protecting our QB of the future, and a big investment..

Ok, so why are we losing now? We are keeping the opposing teams score low, but then we can't score any points ourselves.

Just another way we are getting screwed.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

We're losing now basically just because we just entered a new era this offseason. Switching to a 3-4 with 3 other teams in the offseason didn't make things easy on us either. Offensively, our oline sucks, nobody can argue that, BUT outside of Bowe, Wade, and Cassel we really don't have weapons to utilize. LJ just doesn't seem like the same runner he used to be, and Jamal Charles, love the kid, but he can't hang onto the ball, if he gets that under control he will be our home run threat since he is a speedster and can catch. And to be honest, I think we will se more moves on defense than offense for a while, just because certain players don't fit the 3-4 mold. And why we have been losing, it seems that 1 big play. Which is due to no pass rush, we can't expect our secondary to not give up big plays when the opposing qb can do whatever he wants. Dorsey and Jackson are getting in the backfield more than anyone else, which is a good thing for them...but not for the team. They show promise to be the BIG 3-4 Dends that we need for the system. 3-4 really only starts working when we get those outside linebackers leading the team in sacks. I.E. Ware, Merriman, Harrison, Porter, Suggs. Our Dline is going to be in place for yeras to come, (not sure about DT with losing Tank though, possible indications that Pioli wants one of those 2 big DT's in this years draft)

I somewhat disagree with you Subversion. I think with a little improvement in OL, we could turn the team around. A really good OL can make an average RB look great, and a good RB (like I think LJ is) look amazing. A good OL makes a QB look like a genious when he can sit back and pick apart a defense.

On the other hand, I do agree that we are missing that dominating OLB pass rusher that seems to be the foundation of a 3-4 defense. So many holes, it is hard to know where to start.

In all honesty, we can only hope to get 4 starters out of the draft if we are really lucky. It is rare for anyone after the 3rd round to make much of an impact, let alone become a starter.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast