Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Berry And Mays

Default Berry And Mays

I am more than excited for this years draft for the Chiefs. I know we need OL help but luckily for us this years draft has a lot of prospected OL to go in the 2nd-3rd round. It would be hard for me to see an OL drafted in the first round and pass up Berry and Mays.

Berry and Mays are two once in a decade type safeties with comparisons to Reed, Polamalu, Dawkins...and you see what they did for their defenses. I think either one of them (prefer Berry) would give us that playmaker on defense to build around for the next 10 years. Especially while we get the personnel to fill our 3-4.

I'm also loving Jerry Hughes to give us that 3-4 linebacker. He plays a lot like James Harrison, compact build with an insane bull rush. There are probably 4 more 3-4 outside linebackers that could really put of defense over the top. (IF we have one of those elite safeties of course)

AND this years Wide Receiving group is one of the deepest we will ever see. We should without a doubt be able to grab one of them in the draft that will give us a solid #2 to compliment Bowe and keep Wade as our slot along with Bradley. Golden Tate is who I would like to see in red.

OL...we have to use one of our 2nd round picks on one. No question. And it's really nice that we have 2 second rounders.

What do you guys think, I really believe we need that playmaker on defense and I hesitate to take another Dlineman even though there are some monster DT's that could anchor our 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    If we have 5 pro bowl o line men = almost all problems solved. LJ has still got it, Cassel will be more composed, WR are fine, defense is fine, Special teams is great except punt returner. Charles is doing fine returning kicks and thats where I always wanted him cept the fumble.

First of all, this fumble-itis thing with Charles is overblown. He's fumbled twice and lost one of them.

Five pro-bowl O-linemen equals another Dick Vermeil-era offense, and without a good defense on the other side of the ball, it would be the same story as then. Score tons of points, rack up tons of yards, and... give up tons of points and yards.

I think we do need some new, stallion O-linemen, but we do need to shore up some more spots on the D as well.

jb

I'm one of those defense wins games type of people, obviously Pioli is as well coming from NE. I just don't want to have my heart broke again with an amazing offense and a terrible defense like we had 3 years in a row. Those are the flash teams that get you in the playoffs but nothing more. We took a conversative route last year with Tyson Jackson since he's all but a sure thing with what we are asking of him. It's time to get a few "WOW" factors other than Bowe.

An easy comparison, if you WEREN'T a Chiefs fan, whose Jersey would you want to wear other than Bowe's or possibly Cassel. (I know it's a petty question but what other playmakers do we have?) We're slowly laying the foundation to add those guys to, I just want to see more people ready for some flare on the team and not pass these guys up. (this years draft his kind of deep in oline after the 1st round)...keep that in mind.

I agree with the Charles fumblitis being overblown, he's a small scat back though, they are the first type of backs that need to prove they can hold onto the ball or they fall out of favor quickly. I would like to see us use him like the Cowboys use Felix Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    First of all, this fumble-itis thing with Charles is overblown. He's fumbled twice and lost one of them.

Five pro-bowl O-linemen equals another Dick Vermeil-era offense, and without a good defense on the other side of the ball, it would be the same story as then. Score tons of points, rack up tons of yards, and... give up tons of points and yards.

I think we do need some new, stallion O-linemen, but we do need to shore up some more spots on the D as well.

jb
    I never brought the fumble crap up. I just said he fumbled once on a kick return. BTW he fumbled on a kick return and LOST it. Im not talking of his Running game.
    Our defense I think is much better than the Vermeil era. Our D is out there far too much. When it isn't they give up very few points like the Raiders and Redskins games. Plus these guys are only going to get better like Dorsey, Flowers, Hali, Jackson, Carr etc. We just need safties after this year. We can put DJ on the outside or something. I think our D is in better shape than our offense.

If the O line is fixed it will make everything better.

DJ is out of favor with Pioli and Haley. He isn't getting playing time as it is.

My ideal draft for next year (I know its early) Is...
    1st. Eric Berry S Tenn.
    2nd. Jason Fox OT Miami
    2nd. Jerry Hughes OLG TCU (look him up)
    3. Eric Olsen C/OG/OT (he can play them all, mostly a C or G type player though) ND
    4.Micah Johnson MLB, Kentucky or a WR here (so many studs this year...Golden Tate!!!)
    5. Vladimir Ducasse, OG/OT, UMass
    5. Anybody
    6. Anybody

Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post
    DJ is out of favor with Pioli and Haley. He isn't getting playing time as it is.

My ideal draft for next year (I know its early) Is...
    1st. Eric Berry S Tenn.
    2nd. Jason Fox OT Miami
    2nd. Jerry Hughes OLG TCU (look him up)
    3. Eric Olsen C/OG/OT (he can play them all, mostly a C or G type player though) ND
    4.Micah Johnson MLB, Kentucky or a WR here (so many studs this year...Golden Tate!!!)
    5. Vladimir Ducasse, OG/OT, UMass
    5. Anybody
    6. Anybody
    I dont know most of those players, because I dont watch college ball much. I couldnt complain too much with that draft (looking at the positions), if we pick up another good OL in FA AND Waters stays with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Since we talking about Safteys, I like that guy from Texas, don't ask his name cause I don't know. We could pick him up in the second round with the pick from the ATL TG trade.
    Name is Earl Thomas, he's a RS Soph
    Doubt he's coming out though, probably next year, hopefully for Texas fans he will stay for his RS Sr year.
    He is money, only 5-10 but has the best reaction time and ball hawking skills I've seen from a Texas DB ever, that includes guys like Aaron Ross, Michael Grififn, Michael Huff, Nathan Vasher and Quentin Jamer.

oh and pray to god the chiefs don't draft any Texas O-lineman this year, they are soft and not that good, despite good measureables

Tambi Hali is going to fit well as a run stopper, but he's no ball hawk or end rusher.
    Ehh what??!

You got that all backwards man, he is a pass rusher, and a work in progress in coverage and run stopping.

I appreciate your trying to make your point, but try sticking with the facts.
    Fact is that Hali was praised by NY and Dallas as a really good pass rusher.
    Fact is that he has been chipped by Backs and TE's every game, and if you watch closely you can see how many penalties opponents should have been called for when they are trying to stop him.

You do make a good point about the safety though, I also think we need a really good one at that position.
    Berry and Mays are very intriguing prospects indeed.

However there is the matter of protecting our QB of the future, and a big investment..

Our Defense was 29th overall entering Sundays game... I really don't consider that to be fine by any means. LJ is not the same runner, WR, we have 2 that will fit the teams needs. Wade and Bowe. Bradley is a home run type WR with his speed but isn't a #2 by any standard...and has a history of injuries. We need to get that #2. Special Teams, I would love to see a great return man but it's not a pressing need.

5 pro bowl oline men= A #10-15 ranked offense with a bottom 10 defense. No thanks

Again I'm not ignoring Oline at all, but it woudln't make us a playoff team.

You do realize that having a great offense is key to having a great defense.

You keep the offense on the field, that is less the defense has to do. Which bring me to my next point. How can you exepect a teams defense to be on the field for 10 mins straight?

Better ol means less 3 and outs and less time for the defense to be on the field.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Subversion, the only reason our D is ranked that low, is cause they are on the field 3/4 of the game, becuase our OLINE cant keep the O on the field and go 3 and out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast