Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Derrick Johnson pissed about not being traded

Default Derrick Johnson pissed about not being traded

Wilson: Chiefs' Derrick Johnson sounds off | National Football Post

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson is fed up, and he's not going to take it anymore.

Well, at least he's not going to keep his frustration to himself.

Johnson vented to Kansas City reporters today, getting it off his chest how mad he is that he's not starting and was the subject of trade rumors prior to the NFL deadline Tuesday.

"It sucks," Johnson said. "It kind of sucks to not be starting and not be playing like I should. I should be out there playing. I should be out there starting. I should be out there helping this team win."

Johnson said he has taken his complaints to coach Todd Haley, too.

"Coach knows I want to play," he said. "He knows I disagree with not playing. He knows that."

And Johnson said he avoided watching television because of the trade talks, calling the possibility of being moved to another team as "a possibility that something was going on."
    That's not going to get him any more playing time...

Unfortunatly for DJ, LB has been a very deep position for us. Mays has played good, Belcher fills in and does a good job and Demarrio Williams is probably the surprise player on the team and looked like our best LB next to Tamba. LB is not a concern for us right now with or without DJ!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I would be in the camp talking about how well Williams is playing, and how Johnson needs to earn his spot, but every time Derrick Johnson has stepped onto the field, he has made plays. Yet, he has seen less and less playing time.

He has been a bit nicked up, but for the most part, this is just something Haley has decided. Johnson has 1 of the team's 3 INTs, which he returned 70 yards to help out a lot in the Ravens game. He owns one of our 9 sacks.

He's frustrated, and rightly so. Granted, it's up to the coaches to decide who does and doesn't start, but this guy is a playmaker, and we need as many of those as we can get out there every Sunday.

Or does Johnson not fit the "22 guys off the street" system?

jb

I think the linebackers on this team have not been all that great. There is room for improvement and Johnson has been a game changer this year. It seems everytime he is on the field, more often than not he does something big.

I can't help but think that 80 yard run might have been a little different if Johnson had been in the game, that first missed tackle might not have been missed, but who knows. I do believe he is one of the guys that could make a difference on defense.

I don't know what Haley's beef is with him, but it is something they should work out, they are adults after all.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Wilson: Chiefs' Derrick Johnson sounds off | National Football Post

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson is fed up, and he's not going to take it anymore.

Well, at least he's not going to keep his frustration to himself.

Johnson vented to Kansas City reporters today, getting it off his chest how mad he is that he's not starting and was the subject of trade rumors prior to the NFL deadline Tuesday.

"It sucks," Johnson said. "It kind of sucks to not be starting and not be playing like I should. I should be out there playing. I should be out there starting. I should be out there helping this team win."

Johnson said he has taken his complaints to coach Todd Haley, too.

"Coach knows I want to play," he said. "He knows I disagree with not playing. He knows that."

And Johnson said he avoided watching television because of the trade talks, calling the possibility of being moved to another team as "a possibility that something was going on."

That's not going to get him any more playing time...
    The parts that stood out to me were what was in bold. It could definitely be taken as him whining. Or it could be taken as him wanting to be a part of the team. I guess only he know what his intentions were, but there is a possibility he is just saying that he is frustrated that HE isnt playing well enough to be starting and helping the team.

That short little read said nothing about DJ being pissed at not being traded..... or did I miss something?
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

well better be listening to the guy talking , hope the Chiefs listening

It is hard to say how this will effect his status. It is possible Haley is looking for a little fight from DJ. I think this is better than his earlier stance of seeming not to care, "the coaches know best" yada, yada.

I do have to say, I like DJ, but liking him does not mean I am the best to judge his ability. I keep hoping it will click for him with this team, but it probably will not.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Maybe thats the reason he's not playing right now. Talking like he top sh*t and he got his *** benched cuz he wasn't putting in the effort at practice like everyone else?
    Or maybe, like so may others, he just isn't getting along with Todd Haley. Seems to be a sure way to not play for this team, lately.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I understand what hes saying but at the same time thats something you dont go public with. I think his time on this team is running out. Hes probley leaveing at the end of the year.
    Did coach Haley not teach them to go public with these kind of things? <22guys off the street>

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Unfortunatly for DJ, LB has been a very deep position for us. Mays has played good, Belcher fills in and does a good job and Demarrio Williams is probably the surprise player on the team and looked like our best LB next to Tamba. LB is not a concern for us right now with or without DJ!
    Bench Hali. I like the guy, but trying hard isn't getting anything done. So let DJ try his hand at OLB. Can't do much worse.

Football players are human and prone to make rash statements to the wrong crowd when reached a certain point of frustration.

No doubt DJ is our most talented LB, just as Bowe is our best WR. That being said Haley is stressing situational football. He wants smart players that understand the situation and what their responsibilities are and be in position to make those plays. Dj makes a few big plays but how often is he out of position and unable to make to make a play.
    This being said until we get a space eater at NT to keep the OL off the LB's they will continue to struggle.
    Bowe is the same, he caught six balls but dropped just as many. He is afraid to get hit going over the middle. Even on the 32 yard reception sunday, he carried the ball in the wrong hand and went out bounds when he shouldn't have.
    IMO Haley is aware of these players potintial, he's trying to get them to fullfil tht potintial. Hopefully the light will come on and they can get the big picture.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast