Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Derrick Johnson pissed about not being traded

Default Derrick Johnson pissed about not being traded

Wilson: Chiefs' Derrick Johnson sounds off | National Football Post

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson is fed up, and he's not going to take it anymore.

Well, at least he's not going to keep his frustration to himself.

Johnson vented to Kansas City reporters today, getting it off his chest how mad he is that he's not starting and was the subject of trade rumors prior to the NFL deadline Tuesday.

"It sucks," Johnson said. "It kind of sucks to not be starting and not be playing like I should. I should be out there playing. I should be out there starting. I should be out there helping this team win."

Johnson said he has taken his complaints to coach Todd Haley, too.

"Coach knows I want to play," he said. "He knows I disagree with not playing. He knows that."

And Johnson said he avoided watching television because of the trade talks, calling the possibility of being moved to another team as "a possibility that something was going on."
    That's not going to get him any more playing time...

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    No doubt DJ is our most talented LB, just as Bowe is our best WR. That being said Haley is stressing situational football. He wants smart players that understand the situation and what their responsibilities are and be in position to make those plays. Dj makes a few big plays but how often is he out of position and unable to make to make a play.
    This being said until we get a space eater at NT to keep the OL off the LB's they will continue to struggle.
    Bowe is the same, he caught six balls but dropped just as many. He is afraid to get hit going over the middle. Even on the 32 yard reception sunday, he carried the ball in the wrong hand and went out bounds when he shouldn't have.
    IMO Haley is aware of these players potintial, he's trying to get them to fullfil tht potintial. Hopefully the light will come on and they can get the big picture.
    I really hope that's what Haley is doing with DJ and he's waiting for a moment to make him a mainstay in the starting lineup. But he's going to be a restricted free agent after this season and I'm curious as to whether or not Haley/Pioli have any interest in re-signing him long-term.

Kent Babb twittered that the Chiefs were actually NOT actively trying to trade DJ. You would think that means he is part of their long term plan, but if that is the case... then why isn't he playing more?

Things don't really add up here.

There are a lot I don;t understand. We have to trust Haley and Pioli to get were we want to be.
    IMO getting all our players to buy into this system is the problem. McDaniels is teaching the same thing in Denver. Admitted their talent in place was a little better, but their players bought into the system and look at what they have done.
    One big difference is they have a good DC. I do not like Pendergrast at all.

There are a lot I don;t understand. We have to trust Haley and Pioli to get were we want to be.
    IMO getting all our players to buy into this system is the problem. McDaniels is teaching the same thing in Denver. Admitted their talent in place was a little better, but their players bought into the system and look at what they have done.
    One big difference is they have a good DC. I do not like Pendergrast at all.
    Mike Nolan is the difference for Denver. I really wish we got him, but I guess that doesn't help now. I just picture how pumped we'd all be if Hali was doing the things Dumervil is right now.

DJ may very well be the best LB on the team. That being said, none of know what kind of effort he puts forth in practice. If you don't give it a 100% in practice you should not get to start over someone who does. I don't know for sure, but my gut tells me that is what is going on here.

Woulda shoulda coulda. If Pioli had been hired earlier IMO McDaniels and his staff would have been in KC.

Woulda shoulda coulda. If Pioli had been hired earlier IMO McDaniels and his staff would have been in KC.
    And Raheem Morris would be coaching Denver to the ground right now.

I hope he owns a good pair of tweezers, he's going to need them to pull the splinters out of his *** now.
    That is genius.

I totally agree. You think Haley is going to fall for whining? How about stepping it up Derrick? Look at Bowe--he got benched, worked his butt off and started again. I think the problem is Derrick Johnson was an instant millionare out of college and is spoiled. He did his job half *** with Herm and collected his paychecks.
    Sucks to have to work for your meal ticket eh Derrick?

I wouldn't want McDaniels...something about him just not right.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    6-0, that's all I care about.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Don't like him all you want, he's completely stunned the whole nation. All that matters is the record.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast