Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TERRIBLE GAME AT ARROWHEAD Warning A RANT!!!!

Unhappy TERRIBLE GAME AT ARROWHEAD Warning A RANT!!!!

OK its not very often that I dont watch a chiefs game from start to finsh. BUT THIS. THIS IS hard. There is nothing postive that can come from the game. ALL NEGITIVE. THe D was terrible the O was terrible. I am probley one of the easiest on Todd Hailey but this one is on him. The chiefs were not ready to play and I will always put that on the Head coach no matter if it is his first year. Todd Hailey did not do his job to get this team ready to play today end of story.

The offense. at the time of the ranting Cassel has 3 picks. One of them was not his fault. But the other 2 one being a bad overthrow. He didnt do his job. The Oline once again was terrible not giveing him anytime that is true but Cassle also was a part of the problem. The Chiefs once again could not run the ball. LJ gave effort I thought but he can not run behind that line. Charles had a good run and i no that alot of people will be on the start charles banwagon but I think its best that they dont at this time. I think that they should start LJ the rest of the season. Maybe move him this offseason get an OLINE that is filled with NFL players not this and then start him. Its better then have Charles end up on the injury list. And you never no how a guy is going to comeback from injury. This game just reminds everyone that the chiefs are going nowere soon.

The D showed a bright sign early only to fade away starting with the 2nd drive of the game. The Chargers got the run game going that was my biggest fear going into the game. That also opened up the passing game and the chiefs D did not play there best at all. They had some good stands but overall it was not a effort that you could say gave the chiefs a shot to win the game.

The Chiefs will have alot to think about on there bye week. They did not show up for a home divison game today. That is never good. They have a week to look at the tape and see what went wrong and there will be pleanty to see. Todd Hailey will have a week to think about why he was not able to get his team ready to play. This gives the Chiefs pleanty to think about on there bye week. And it gives them pleantly to be Upset with themselfs at when they play the jags. But this game was one that I am going to do my best to forget about. THE CHIEFS WERE TERRIBLE TODAY. Thats the end of the story.

HELLO BYE WEEK Bring on the jags and GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Its Hailey's fault that the players played HORRIBLE? Yeah that makes sense.
    Actually to a point it does make sense. The coach is supposed to teach them how to play, motivate them to play their hardest and correct them when they do wrong.

Well this coach apparently cannot teach them as he does not have time for the teaching part (why most teams have other coaches, Ocs and such, not us of course). He CHOSE this route, so that is clearly on him, it is Haley's fault pure and simple.

Of course there are situations where we just do not have the talent on the team to do what they want to do, that is what made Gailey so good for us last year, he worked with the players and built an offense around what we had on the team. Haley is so egotistical that he will not consider changing anything. The worse thing is that someone is going to get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I'm gonna keep on venting, He sucks!, He's a first year head coach, and thats all he should be, a head coach!, Not a HC, OC, QBC and what ever else he has chosen to make or call him self. Give him one job and one job only and lets see if he can handle that. All this really starts to make me wonder about Pioli too.....
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Something that I don't understand is who is coaching Cassel on the sideline during the game?
    This is a good question, also, who is looking for those opportunities, the weakness in the defense that can be exploited? That is typically the OC, but we don't have one of those. Haley has to make game decisions, call plays, and coach the players. That is just not going to work.

It is really sad, but I have really not seen any adjustments made this season, except for when we go from trying to run, to passing every down. Haley is out of his league and for him to even think that he can run this entire team on his own is an ego that won't quit.

In this, I agree with Johnson, we have all seen it.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Its Hailey's fault that the players played HORRIBLE?
    You damn right. It is Haley who put this coaching staff together. It is Haley that fired his oc and qb coach. It is Haley that decided we had to convert to the 3-4 this year. It is Haley that has yet to put together a winning game plan. It is Haley that won't allow his qb to audible at the line of scrimmage. It is Haley that mismanages critical gametime decisions. It is Haley that trashed his players with the 22 players off the street comment. It is Haley that sits playmakers and starts backups. It is Haley that is 1-6. Haley said it himself - "This is my team and I take full responsibility for its performance."
    Haley and Pendergast can both go back to the desert as far as I'm concerned.
    SHUT IT

Good:
    - Charles kick returns and rushing.
    - Lance Long looks like a tough little receiver with some speed.

Bad:
    - Everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    It is Haley that won't allow his qb to audible at the line of scrimmage.
    Dude, seriously, at least on 4th and 1 and you see that the Chargers are loading up on defense to stop the quarterback sneak, why not call an audible and do a quick screen to the outside or something.

There were two instances of this in the game. Everyone knew on both occasions what we were going to do and one of those cost us an injury to our starting center.

For Pete's sake, you have to be able to make an adjustment on the line when you know what the defense is going to do, the Chargers televised the fact that they knew it was a QB sneak.

That is just asinine!

I feel like this season is just a practice season for Haley...as much as he/Pioli wont admit it, they are using this season to find out what they have, what they need, and the best way to do things...this explains a lot of the questionable play calls...

Right now, this team does not believe in the system or coaching staff to get a win...that is enough right there to cause multiple problems....

watching Danan Hughes the other night on Metro, i always like what he has to say, but the other night he said there is just no fire to this team...its like they do not care at all...Jackson goes off for 140 yards (plus another 50 if he doesnt drop that one pass in the 1st half where he laughed at how bad our coverage was) and nobody even cares....you gotta hit him when he comes over the middle...something to say our defense does not appreciate a receiver going off for nearly 150 yards off 4 or 5 catches...

And its really not fair to judge LJ or the rest of the offense for that matter when the O-Line is as bad as it is right now....you cant do anything on offense no matter if you have Montana and Barry Sanders without a decent O-line....

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Dude, seriously, at least on 4th and 1 and you see that the Chargers are loading up on defense to stop the quarterback sneak, why not call an audible and do a quick screen to the outside or something.
    Or blow a timeout and punt like we should have the first time around.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    I feel like this season is just a practice season for Haley...as much as he/Pioli wont admit it, they are using this season to find out what they have, what they need, and the best way to do things...this explains a lot of the questionable play calls...

Right now, this team does not believe in the system or coaching staff to get a win...that is enough right there to cause multiple problems....

watching Danan Hughes the other night on Metro, i always like what he has to say, but the other night he said there is just no fire to this team...its like they do not care at all...Jackson goes off for 140 yards (plus another 50 if he doesnt drop that one pass in the 1st half where he laughed at how bad our coverage was) and nobody even cares....you gotta hit him when he comes over the middle...something to say our defense does not appreciate a receiver going off for nearly 150 yards off 4 or 5 catches...

And its really not fair to judge LJ or the rest of the offense for that matter when the O-Line is as bad as it is right now....you cant do anything on offense no matter if you have Montana and Barry Sanders without a decent O-line....
    EXACTLY! Thats what I've been saying! This season is just to weed out players and give some opportunities for other players. Pioli and Haley didn't expect to make the playoffs this year. The Chiefs are messed up from Herm and they came to try and fix it. People here act like 1 off season was enough time or something.

Oh and Barry Sanders is/was probably the only RB that could run for 1000+ yards a season with a crappy O-line.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

EXACTLY! Thats what I've been saying! This season is just to weed out players and give some opportunities for other players. Pioli and Haley didn't expect to make the playoffs this year. The Chiefs are messed up from Herm and they came to try and fix it. People here act like 1 off season was enough time or something.

Oh and Barry Sanders is/was probably the only RB that could run for 1000+ yards a season with a crappy O-line.
    Really? This is what you were saying? The problem is you said that it was not Haley's fault if the players were not putting out on the field, but now you are trying to say it is Haley's fault because he is really not trying to win, but is using this as an evaluation season?

Which is it? Is it Haley's fault or not?

And by the way, I do not disagree that this is a learning season (more accurate) it is a chance for Haley to learn how to be a coach. It is clearly trial and error for him as he gets his legs wet. As I said in another post, Haley may well become an outstanding coach, but it will not be at Kansas City, he has too far to go and if we have two or three more years of 2 or 4 wins per season, Hunt will not put up with it.

The other thing is that they have had a chance to address known issues. Everyone in the league knew that KC needed help on the offensive line, they also knew we needed help on Defense.

Let's talk Broncos a minute, the Broncos had a horrible defense last year, they really did not do a lot with it in the off season and look at them this year. The difference? I think a lot of people will say it is coaching. Haley and Pendergast are NOT getting the job done when you get blown out 37 - 7. Sorry guys, that is a badly coached football team PERIOD!
    Last edited by Hayvern; 10-26-2009 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Really? This is what you were saying? The problem is you said that it was not Haley's fault if the players were not putting out on the field, but now you are trying to say it is Haley's fault because he is really not trying to win, but is using this as an evaluation season?

Which is it? Is it Haley's fault or not?

And by the way, I do not disagree that this is a learning season (more accurate) it is a chance for Haley to learn how to be a coach. It is clearly trial and error for him as he gets his legs wet. As I said in another post, Haley may well become an outstanding coach, but it will not be at Kansas City, he has too far to go and if we have two or three more years of 2 or 4 wins per season, Hunt will not put up with it.

The other thing is that they have had a chance to address known issues. Everyone in the league knew that KC needed help on the offensive line, they also knew we needed help on Defense.

Let's talk Broncos a minute, the Broncos had a horrible defense last year, they really did not do a lot with it in the off season and look at them this year. The difference? I think a lot of people will say it is coaching. Haley and Pendergast are NOT getting the job done when you get blown out 37 - 7. Sorry guys, that is a badly coached football team PERIOD!
    I would say its talent...

Quote Originally Posted by Isawa_mo View Post
    I would say its talent...
    Me too, coaching talent!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast