Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just thinking out loud...

Talking Just thinking out loud...

The Chiefs team suffered many negatives over the last few years, some were a result of poor, hasty, & personal ego decisions by GM Peterson, others were made by Coaching staff, and so on. Many mistakes were made, and when the mistakes were realized, little to nothing was done to correct the mistakes...likey a result of egos.

Pioli and Haley were left with very little, if anything really...of which to build a winning team during one short off & pre-season. The best they could do is start from the ground up...and they are trying to do just that, regardless of how it may appear right now. Only time and steafastness will build a Chiefs Super Bowl Team...and patience is a necessity for such.

One of the Chiefs problems in past seasons IMO...has been impatience. Peterson & Coaches traded many young players just as they were beginning to shine, or develop into playmakers...IE: Jared Allen. They made roster changes while desperate for wins short term to please just as impatient fans I suppose...and made changes for personal reasons too. IE: Peterson and Jared Allen didn't get along...at all.

When a team changes players and coaches as often as the Chiefs have the last few seasons...it's doubtful the result will be a winning team for more than a season...if lucky at best. IMO...to achieve a winning team, a Super Bowl team...a team needs to be built to stay in tact for as many seasons as possible, so teammates can learn to work together and know each others moves inside and out without having to give it much thought.

The Front Offices & Coaches need to focus long term, build a team that with time and patience will evolve in to a winning team...through working and staying together consistently for more than one or two seasons. If one reflects upon the winning teams in Chiefs History...the Super Bowl IV era team, and the Schottenheimer era team...both team rosters for the most part remained consistent long term.

That's my thinking out loud and say so...and I'm sticking to it, hahaha.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Just thinking out loud, but I'm guessing if our head coach were Bill Cowher, people would be bending over backwards, forwards, sideways, and other ways to blame everything BUT him for a 1-6 team.

Haley's got some problems, for sure- and some of them are his unwillingness to adapt or give up some authority. But with the pain of last Sunday's disaster a bit more distant, I can calmly say- I'll wait until the end of the season to make a judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Just thinking out loud, but I'm guessing if our head coach were Bill Cowher, people would be bending over backwards, forwards, sideways, and other ways to blame everything BUT him for a 1-6 team.

Haley's got some problems, for sure- and some of them are his unwillingness to adapt or give up some authority. But with the pain of last Sunday's disaster a bit more distant, I can calmly say- I'll wait until the end of the season to make a judgment.
    I so wish, that this was true, I would at least be more confident for the future! I want Haley to succeed, he is coaching my team! But I am not confident in what I am seeing so far, To many negatives, not enough positives, first and foremost, HC should not be HC/OC/QBC/WRC ect,,, Humans have one head, only one cap sits correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I so wish, that this was true, I would at least be more confident for the future! I want Haley to succeed, he coaching my team! But I am not confident in what I am seeing so far, To many negatives, not enough positives, first and foremost, HC should not be HC/OC/GBC/WRC ect,,, Humans have one head, only one cap sits correctly!

Oh, I definitely do agree with you on that- he should be head coach, and that's it. Get an offensive coordinator and a QB coach, immediately!

jb

Chieffaninfl - I am just making a point saying he should say go out and have fun. It's just like any job. Hard *** bosses will never make it beyond a certain point in a career if they don't show a side people like. Haley always seems to be pissed off at the world. He needs to be more personal with people. Half way through training camp i said he needed to lighten up with the tough guy attitude. Now its kicking him in the *** because players aren't buying what he is selling. And neither are we

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    Chieffaninfl - I am just making a point saying he should say go out and have fun. It's just like any job. Hard *** bosses will never make it beyond a certain point in a career if they don't show a side people like. Haley always seems to be pissed off at the world. He needs to be more personal with people. Half way through training camp i said he needed to lighten up with the tough guy attitude. Now its kicking him in the *** because players aren't buying what he is selling. And neither are we
    You can be a hard *** when the time for it comes, but if you are just an *** all the time, you will never get your employees to preform, or want to preform at their best. I am not saying that Haley is being an *** all the time, but I have not seen any indication that he is not either.

agreed, we have to think long term and do away with quick fixes and temporary solutions.

Ego...
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Ego...
    Thanks, LJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12